I’m screwed I can’t do

Old 09-30-2019, 02:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I’m screwed I can’t do

anymore that I did, i can’t keep hurting my babies x
Old 09-30-2019, 02:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry - it sounds like things are not going welll Mummyto2.

I used to think I couldn't do anymore to try and stay sober either - but in the end what got me sober and kept me that way was being prepared to do whatever it took - posting here, changing my social life completely, changing the way I dealt with problems or adversity..

The next steps would have been AA or some other meeting based group, inpatient or outpatient rehab, doctors and counsellors....whatever it took.

Posting here each day is great - but if it's not enough to keep you sober then you're going to have to look at what else you're prepared to do?

D
Old 09-30-2019, 02:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You're not screwed. The beast is telling you that. You came here. YOU can do this.
Old 09-30-2019, 05:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Take care of yourself and get through this day. Put on your oxygen mask, you always need to do that before you can help anyone else (your kids).

You are going to have rough days but they will pass. My thoughts are with you.
Old 09-30-2019, 05:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Mummy,
We are here for you!
Please don't beat yourself up!
We are human. We all have faults. We all struggle.
We...Move forward!
Together we are strong!
Old 09-30-2019, 08:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Did you drink again?
Old 09-30-2019, 08:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by Mummyto2 View Post
I can’t do anymore that I did
Not sure what you've done or not done to get sober. If you are still struggling, you probably haven't done everything. I hope you find a way to turn the "can't do" into "can do" and achieve lasting sobriety.
Old 09-30-2019, 09:03 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

youre not screwed, mummy. you CAN get and maintain sobriety IF you put in the footwork. ive read your threads for a while and dont read too much action of facing the underlying issues.
a little over 2 years ago ya posted
The more i read my AA book the more hopeful i am
The last time I picked this book up was yrs ago, wish I had picked it up sooner

hows about that big book? did it go back to collecting dust?
Old 09-30-2019, 09:13 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Old 09-30-2019, 09:26 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm not sure if your post means you are drinking again, or if you have considered it and are trying to talk yourself out of it?

Here is what I recently wrote to you in a previous thread:

'Anything different this time in your plan? I recall in previous attempts you've slipped thinking you could 'control' your drinking, which definitely isn't the case.

What new action will you be taking when you start feeling good enough that you think you can control your drinking again? I knew I couldn't control mine. I had to make the decision that I wanted to be sober more than I wanted to drink.'

I don't think you're screwed, but if you ARE drinking again you'll need to add some new, solid action to your plan to break the drinking cycle.
Old 09-30-2019, 09:44 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I would recommend seeking help, as Dee has suggested.

The consequences of chronic alcoholism are too much for me to not go the extra mile in seeking help.

Please get some quality outside help.
Old 09-30-2019, 09:52 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Mummy, you definitely can do more than you did. You are capable of much more than you think you are. But in some things, you will need assistance. There's no shame in this; in fact in allowing others to help, you will help them.

I know you want to do this for your kids and appreciate that. What I found is that I had to want it for myself more than for any other person or purpose on this planet. You are worth it!

xo
O
Old 09-30-2019, 11:25 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

You will be able to get past this, Mummy. You can add things to your recovery plan that will help you.
Old 09-30-2019, 12:21 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Pretty much figured when you said you would be "offline for a while, don't know how long" (or something like that) that it was code talk for either drinking or coming close.

You've proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that, for you, whatever you were reading, and posting here every day and talking about how wonderful your life is, or having a tough day, isn't enough to stay away from a drink. You've also once again proven your love for your babies isn't enough to keep you away from a drink. I know you love your babies, I can feel it between the lines.

Not enough.

Alcohol doesn't care about your babies.

Now you're in the self-recrimination, hopeless phase of that alcohol cycle. Next comes the resolutions to stop drinking.

I couldn't stop the cycle, and no one I know ever has, until I was willing to admit that I couldn't win the battle against the bottle, and I reached out and asked for help from people who knew how to stay away from a drink.

I mean people whom I could shake their hand, look 'em in the eye, listen to them talk, hear their voices, go out for coffee, call on the telephone, and so on.

I was willing to do whatever they told me to do, anything, ANYTHING, I was told to do to stay away from a drink.

How willing are you? Empty resolutions are meaningless and useless at this point. What are you will to do?

p.s. just for the record, I wanted to write all this to you at least a week ago, but I didn't want to get smacked down by the folks here while your plan appeared to be working.
Old 09-30-2019, 12:39 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Headphones = Full Volume =
Old 09-30-2019, 02:46 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

You are NOT screwed, MT2. Learn from the experiences of the past, try to look at recovery anew- join some newcomer threads, journal, walk, do art, see your doc for a check up...support to you.
Old 09-30-2019, 03:25 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Wasn't it just a week ago that you were saying how great it was to be sober for your kids?

What happened that you so quickly forgot? I know it's not that simple. Maybe next time you get stressed or think about drinking, take a look at your children? A picture, if they're not home. Whatever is available.

I actually have an appt for a consult with my tattoo artist. Going to get a piece I've worked on inked on the wrist of my drinking hand. Hopefully I never have to resort to using such a motivation to not drink, but should I feel the urge, a reminder of my little girl will be right there in my face if I reach for a bottle.
Old 09-30-2019, 04:24 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

You were checking in a lot with sober time, where did you go when the urge struck that you gave in to? Find your way back Mum and this time stay close when you get the desires. Your family and your life deserve it.
Old 09-30-2019, 08:49 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Take a picture of your babies and post it on the dash of the car where you will see it every time you start your car to go and buy booze. Tape a picture of their sweet smile on your wallet so you will have to see them before opening it to buy liquor. Paste their photo on the front door so you have to look into their eyes before leaving to buy alcohol.

Old 09-30-2019, 09:25 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hey MT2 hope your ok - what happened? Please keep posting as you know there is lots of support here. And maybe revisit and reevaluate your plan? X