SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Mental health (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/442330-mental-health.html)

rainyengland 09-29-2019 12:53 PM

Mental health

today went to see my mum in hospital ..long story but after my dad passed away she had gone down hill , dementia taking it’s unwelcome bite

she moved into a care home but finally being sectioned under MH Act ..first visit today and to say I was shocked is a under statement ..you hear about mental health patients but until see them and the demons they are going through ..I’ll never complain about being fed up today

usual thought on way back ..earned a couple bottles wine for that ..no thanks ..I’ll pass today

Dee74 09-29-2019 03:31 PM

I'm sorry to hear about your mum and dad rainyengland.
I am glad you resisted the urge tho :)

D

Bekindalways 09-29-2019 07:25 PM

Ugh Rainey. I'm so sorry to hear about that. I lost my Mom to Alzheimer's last January. You kind of lose while they are still living.

Kudos on staying away from the bottle. Life can be so ding dang dad blasted tough.

Soturi 09-29-2019 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by rainyengland (Post 7277694)
today went to see my mum in hospital ..long story but after my dad passed away she had gone down hill , dementia taking it’s unwelcome bite

she moved into a care home but finally being sectioned under MH Act ..first visit today and to say I was shocked is a under statement ..you hear about mental health patients but until see them and the demons they are going through ..I’ll never complain about being fed up today

usual thought on way back ..earned a couple bottles wine for that ..no thanks ..I’ll pass today

Keep flexing those sobriety muscles, rainy. Your strength will get you through this.

Pressmetilihurt 09-29-2019 08:52 PM

I feel you. When life hits hard I go into panic mode and want to make it go away. You did good. Keep doing the deal.

MythOfSisyphus 09-29-2019 10:46 PM

Sorry to hear your mom is taking a turn. Just remember that drinking won't help her, or you!

Kaily 09-30-2019 12:41 AM

Sorry your having painful times rainyengland. Seeing your Mum in that environment must be very difficult.

You did well resisting the urge, well done, stay strong and keep going.

Fusion 09-30-2019 12:57 AM

I’m sorry to read of your mum’s condition, rainy. But well done for ignoring the thought that you’d ‘earned’ a drink. My AV uses any circumstance as an excuse for a drink, it always lies.

kenton 09-30-2019 01:10 AM

My dad was sectioned and spent a year on a secure pyschiatric ward prior to his death. So, I know what you're going through and you have all my sympathy and support. I still think about the people I met during my hundreds of visits to that ward. What happened to them? To their families? Whenever I'm having a bad day and feeling a little sorry for myself, I think about all the people on that ward. All the new people on that ward who I'll never know but who are constantly trying to navigate a safe path past all the demons hidden deep within their minds. And then I say a quiet thank you for my mental health and for the fact that I can deal with whatever problems life sends my way. What's happening to your mum is awful, truly awful and you are going to have difficult visits ahead. But you can use this experience to gain perspective on your life, your sobriety and your future. This time will pass and it can either take you down or build you up. Great thing is, you get to decide. Sending you loads of strength.

Purplrks3647 09-30-2019 01:36 AM

(((Rainy))) Hugs for you and your family ~ Glad to have you here with us :grouphug: