Notices

Day 37 and grieving

Old 09-28-2019, 10:18 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Louise39 View Post
I never know where to start when I come on here I always think I should hold my feelings in..but that's what led me to drinking and years of misery and I'm doing everything different this time and its working x my dad passed away last Thursday I'm heartbroken and lost without him and still in complete shock hes not here anymore it was so sudden and unexpected he was my mum,dad, siblings, friend,counsellor,bank ,babysitter, and life is going to suck without him. I dont have the urge to drink but I'm dreading his funeral which the wake is being held in his local pub i need so much strength that day and would it be rude to leave early??? My family drink so much and will encourage and expect me to drink with them but I want to honor his memory being sober and making something out of my life not getting wrecked in a pub ...I dont know so many thoughts swimming around and I just cant sleep at all sorry to ramble as usual I will be staying close to here these next few weeks drinking is not an option
Honor that wonderful man by being the strongest you can be. You don't owe anyone any explanations. Stay sober for yourself and for your dad.
My condolences to you, your family, and friends.
Old 09-28-2019, 10:43 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry you're father passed, and that you have to go through this. If it was me, I would not go to my dad's wake if it was in a pub. But, I only have one month sober. It may be doable for you. For me right now, the combination of the emotions and available alcohol would be too much. If your family, who you say are heavy drinkers, don't understand, that's understandable. But, it wouldn't get me in that pub. We have to stand up for ourselves, and I bet your dad would want you to do that.
I'm wishing peace and comfort for you.
Old 09-28-2019, 05:30 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

How are you Louise ?

D
Old 09-28-2019, 08:19 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Sending thoughts and prayers

I am sorry for your loss. You sound like a nice person and I’m sure your father would be very proud of you for not drinking. If that requires leaving early, then so be it. God bless.
Old 09-28-2019, 08:32 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I'm sorry for your loss Louise. Stay close to those that support you.