Notices

Want to buy a bottle

Old 09-29-2019, 11:53 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Originally Posted by Sweetichick2 View Post
I will soon try weaning myself off Valium. I was first put on it for panic attacks but only one when needed.
Apologies Sweetie but I was only quoting what you told us. x
Old 09-30-2019, 12:43 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Sweeti - Do You want to die ? We are all trying to get through to you.

of course it is your life and you ultimately decide whether to pick up or not. Get help or not. The choice is yours or not. Your life depends on it.
Old 09-30-2019, 04:38 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Hi Sweeti,

I’ve been following your story for years (under a different handle). I can relate to your story as it’s taken me over ten years with every excuse in the book and repeated trying to finally get the 166 days I have under my belt. I had to stop making excuses and take responsibility for my actions. There is no excuse for keeping anyone from something they want. For the first time in my life I can finally say I “choose” to never drink again. Because that’s what it is for me, a choice. I choose to live. I haven’t posted much in awhile as my sober life keeps me incredibly busy. But I do read here almost everyday. I attend online meetings everyday. I think you could definitely benefit from that. I pray that you can get to this point as well. I felt like a hopeless alcoholic. Drinking and binging and then sobering up for a few days with some Ativan only to pick up when I felt better. That cycle lasted a good ten years if not more. But unlike you, I wasn’t brave enough to post my struggles and was not transparent. I do commend you for always coming back and posting, no matter what. I was too afraid to hear the truth. The fact that you keep coming back shows me that you really do want to be sober, but addiction has taken such a strong hold on you that you’re barely digging yourself out of the hole and this makes me incredibly sad because I know that feeling. I think I can speak for the majority of us when I say that one of my fears is that one day you will stop posting. One day we will stop hearing from you. Years will go by and we will all know deep down inside why you never came back. Please make the turn around now. I promise you, you will never regret it. There is a beautiful life beyond the pain. The pain may never go away but it’s much easier to deal with when you are not staring down the bottom of a bottle. Your girls are still young. There is still so much time to make amends and prove to them that you want to be part of their lives. If you can’t do this for you right now, do it for them. I’m forty and I can tell you one of the biggest triggers for my drinking was an absent parent who chose something else over me. Don’t let alcoholism be the only legacy you leave your children. History has a funny way of repeating itself. You can do this. I know you can. Much love, Sweeti.
Old 09-30-2019, 12:15 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

The insanity of it all.
I am SO glad I am no longer here.

Hopefully, you'll say that too.
Old 09-30-2019, 02:09 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  
not a greeter

I hope you check in today sweeti .
Old 09-30-2019, 06:33 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Day 7 today. Thanks for all the messages. Today is payday and I am not even game to go out grocery shopping. I will have Subway for tea. My house is. a big mess so will work on that today.
Old 09-30-2019, 06:42 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  
Administrator

too wet to be out anyway. Congrats on your week alcohol free.

D
Old 09-30-2019, 06:50 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee
Old 09-30-2019, 07:01 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  
not a greeter

How are you feeling sweeti? I hope you’ve taken some of the suggestions you’ve received into consideration. Staying sober without a plan is impossible. There is nothing shameful about asking for help. Congratulations on 7 days! I’m proud of you .
Old 09-30-2019, 07:15 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

7 days is great, sweeti.
if you shore up the time with more “recovery action”, you will increase your chances at ongoing sobriety and a different life.
Old 09-30-2019, 07:26 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Congrats on one week Sweeti, I hope you have plans to get through payday and beyond. You should be past the worst days, and you don’t have to go through them again.
Old 09-30-2019, 09:32 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Well done for 7 days Sweeti I know payday is your trigger zone so keep posting & working on your recovery plan and I look forward to reading your 14 day post! X
Old 09-30-2019, 09:52 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Keeping busy is good in early sobriety but I think you need to do a little more than keep busy. Since you won’t be buying any more alcohol perhaps you can use that saved money to get to some AA meetings?

Maybe call the hotline and arrange a ride?

Do you have anything else planned for your recovery? Have you thought about what could help you stay stopped?

Remember money is no good to you if your dead or in hospice. Maybe it might be okay to spend that money on securing your recovery and check in to a rehab? Perhaps one you have not attended?

How can you do things differently this time in order to ensure your sobriety? Old ways weren’t working and I’m not sure if you’re doing or planning on doing anything new.
Old 10-01-2019, 07:16 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

How’s it going Sweeti? Is the weather by you any better today? Any plans?
Old 10-01-2019, 10:24 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  
not a greeter

What’s up today sweeti? It says you’ve been *active* on the forum as recently as within the past hour yet you’re not posting. I hope you’re not drinking .
Old 10-01-2019, 11:22 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Congratulations Sweeti! How are you feeling today?
Old 10-01-2019, 12:32 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

I did drink yesterday. Passed 9ut at 8pm and woke up at 230am. I need to plan payday better. Not intending to dr8nk today.i couldn't go through the withdrawal again. Thanks everyone for your support.
Old 10-01-2019, 12:51 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

I’ve followed Sweeti’s journey for some time, and consequently I absolutely applaud you Sweeti, for posting here straight after yesterdays drinking, with your intention not to drink today (instead of disappearing for awhile and continuing to drink).

So this is progress, indeed. Well done, Sweeti x.
Old 10-01-2019, 01:11 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

They are the ones who won’t take you if you have been sober 3 days. If I stuff up again I will go straight there.
Are you going to go straight to the rehab place?
Old 10-01-2019, 01:25 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

I did drink yesterday. Passed 9ut at 8pm and woke up at 230a.
They are the ones who won’t take you if you have been sober 3 days. If I stuff up again I will go straight there.

your words,sweeti. reply #84 in this thread- 2 days ago.