Notices

12 Days and 13 hours

Old 09-21-2019, 05:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

12 Days and 13 hours

Hi guys,

12 days and 13 hours ago I made the decision that since I stared trying to get sober 7 years ago that enough really is enough.
I was broken and tbh I am struggling today with anxiety and fear. But it is nowhere near what I was feeling 12 days ago.

I thought I would make a post to share that it is sunny here in England today and as a family we are going to take the dog out for a walk in the beautiful countryside and even though I cannot feel an awful lot of gratitude, I am going to do it anyway and see what occurs.
Sometimes I feel that I have to force myself to do the things I do not feel like doing for the great of good. Its all too easy to sit around on my days off watching series on Netflix and stewing in fear and resentments.

So! Get out, enjoy the sunshine and look around at gods gifts. The gifts that he put us here to see and enjoy with the mindset in which he gave us and not from a chemical intoxicated perspective.
Whilst these things can seem 'boring' it really isn't. I think that I have experienced life through a 'buzz' for more time than with a normal frame of mind. So therefore I accept that to aid things a long to grow in an organic way will take some time. I'm not expecting miracles overnight, but I definitely know that if I keep posting here, speaking with other addicts, and connecting with nature through my Higher Power, then I will be safe.

I hope you all have a great day wiuth what ever you are doing.

Peace. RJx

ps. I also ate 3 ice creams. hahaha
Old 09-21-2019, 07:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great job. And walking in nature always makes me feel a bit, or a lot, better than I did before the walk. I try to walk my doggy daily. I love to observe his unbridled joy...yeah he's a dog. But he has an awful lot to teach me about being grateful
Old 09-21-2019, 07:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Greetings from another part of the sunny UK 😎

Well done on the 12 days and realising enough is enough. Just get through these first few weeks - eat as much ice cream as you want 😀 - and I promise you it will get easier. I’m eight months sober, UK pubs are dull and supermarket alcohol is a waste of cash*. There’s loads more to do. I overdid it at a ParkRun this morning, but no way would I have attempted such things with a hangover.

* actually I’m shocked at how cheap alcohol is here. You can drink 28 units a week (double the recommendation) for £10. That’s shocking. I was in an Asian country recently (with very expensive alcohol) and had to laugh at one old lady’s comment:

”If you drink alcohol here, you’re stupid!”

Definitely a case for minimum pricing.

Well done again, RJY9. Keep us posted

Old 09-21-2019, 10:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Brilliant well done 👍
Old 09-21-2019, 12:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

icecream is cool
Old 09-21-2019, 05:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats RJY
Old 09-22-2019, 01:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks guys.
Old 09-22-2019, 02:03 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Well done, you're doing good. I'm also in the U.K and just over 17 months sober and it's the best thing I've ever done for myself. I promise you that it does get easier. Take good care of yourself and listen to what your body is telling you, eat as well as you can, drink loads of water and rest when you need to rest. Walking is a great stress buster, I do lots of it, it helps me unravel the ball of wool that my brain turned into.
Stick close to S.R and post as much as you can, especially when you get the urge to drink. You can do this. x