Notices

To keep me busy

Old 09-24-2019, 08:30 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I agree that there doesn't need to be an underlining problem to explain the drinking. For me, I drank socially from around the age of 16/17. As the years went on, the social drinking got worse. Not because of any deep seeded issues. Just because alcoholism is progressive.

I think it can be risky for some people to dedicate too much time trying to find a deep explanation for drinking. That can fool them into thinking if they solve that issue, they can then drink normally (I've seen a number of posts on this forum about trying to find out deep seeded issues in order to try to return to 'moderate' drinking). Some people (like me) just need to focus on NOT drinking, not WHY we have to not drink. The fact is no one on this forum can drink safely because we are alcoholics, so have to build plans to stop ourselves from drinking.

With that out of the way, I LOVE the sound of your party and brain cake, Mummy! I am totally crazy about Halloween. I am a Brit now living in the USA and absolutely love how crazy my neighbourhood are about decorating. This is the best time of year for me
Old 09-24-2019, 08:38 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Yes I love Halloween too, the kids faces are priceless, yes I think looking for something to explain you’re drinking can do more harm than good, I drank because I liked it and it progressed end of story 👍
Old 09-24-2019, 09:56 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mummyto2 View Post
Everyone is different, what works for one person might not work for another, I wouldn’t ever put A.A. down as they have helped a lot of people but it’s not for everyone
Whatever gets and keeps you sober 🙏❤🙏❤
Old 09-24-2019, 10:04 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Exactly 👍