Notices

The lunch went well

Old 09-17-2019, 08:32 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Make sure you eat something sweeti. And stay hydrated. Your doctor calling with his concerns is serious business. Wondering, as fini asked, what were his recommendations? Can you get to a meeting?

*I’m watching a documentary on Amazon Prime called Lipstick & Liquor right now. It’s about alcohol and women as the title suggests. Haven’t finished it yet but it’s a strong case against drinking.
Old 09-18-2019, 01:28 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

I've never had a doctor ring me with that level of concern, sweetichick.

I think it's vital you commit to not drinking at all.

Thiamine is not a magic potion - if you drink like I did you're always at the toilet and any vitamins will just go right through you.

D
Old 09-18-2019, 09:46 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Sweetichick, you’ve really touched my heart. I hope you’re doing okay
Old 09-19-2019, 01:11 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I feel so ashamed. Approximately my youngest daughter works where I shop. She walked past me with out I even recognise her. I need to update my image. Was I really that bad
Old 09-19-2019, 01:43 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm not sure if she blanked you or you didn't recognise her, or she didn't recognise you but that's not the important thing to focus on this week, sweetichick.

Your addicted self is very skilled at bringing up painful emotions worries and things from the past to keep you drinking.

You need to stop cooperating with that. Like right now.

First steps first - first you need to stay sober.

Nothing else good will happen without that.

D
Old 09-19-2019, 01:59 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

How is your sobriety going. Are you doing anything for your recovery this time?
Old 09-19-2019, 04:54 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by Sweetichick2 View Post
I feel so ashamed. Approximately my youngest daughter works where I shop. She walked past me with out I even recognise her. I need to update my image. Was I really that bad
I’m having a hard time deciphering what this means. Is it autocorrect at work? You should be at about day 5 or 6 I think. Past the worst of the physical withdrawals.

You made it to lunch with your Aunt. Did you make it through payday without drinking? What did your doctor say about wet brain? Did you get to a meeting?

I’m all for the distraction of Netflix but watching TV is not doing the work necessary to change. From what I gather you don’t work, you have time to go to meetings, or volunteer someplace, or go for a walk, or even post here more than you do. What’s your plan so you don’t “stuff up” again?
Old 09-19-2019, 05:59 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Sweeti, shame is doing you absolutely no good. It's your AV's most effective tool because, as Dee says, you are cooperating with it. How do you stop that? You just DO. You make up your mind that you are going to Do Stuff and then Do It. I know that probably sounds ridiculously trite, but it's the only way.
Old 09-19-2019, 06:41 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Are you still drinking?

You have untreated alcoholism that is causing you severe problems. Your messages on the board are now difficult to understand which I'm assuming is alcohol related.

You have an addictive personality it seems. You've mentioned multiple times how well you did at quitting smoking, but you vape as a replacement and the second your vape stopped working, you actually got into a panic and bought cigarettes, which will add even further health issues to your current list.

You don't work, so you have all the free time in the world to turn your life around. Do you WANT to turn your life around?
Old 09-19-2019, 10:20 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Sweeti, what another posted said in your other thread makes sense, inpatient rehab to break the cycle and AA (or similar support group) meetings for fellowship/follow up.
Old 09-19-2019, 10:27 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
~sb

maybe start eating regularly.

we have to begin to change our actions to sober ones; which means doing sober things at sober times......
Old 09-19-2019, 03:03 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you check in today Sweetichick.

D
Old 09-19-2019, 03:06 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Sweetie, I have been thinking about what to say to you for awhile. So here I go....

I have been reading your posts since you joined in 2016. You have no interest in going to AA. I would tell everyone that posts you should say they should stop. You have no interest in rehab. I would tell everyone that posts you should say they should stop. I would tell everyone to not offer suggestions because you aren't interested. You have your own agenda.

I have never ever seen anyone get more support on this forum than you. And you ignore everything. All you want to talk about is your drama and being sick. I truly believe you have no intention of getting sober. SR is just a place to get some sort of validation for a couple of days not drinking. Because you have nothing else in your life.
Do you really want to live like this until you die?
Old 09-19-2019, 03:54 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Administrator

The nature of this forum is to offer help and advice.

Personally I don't see that support as conditional on people taking that advice but I know others do.

It is frustrating to see someone suffer - and scary too.
But If I'm continually posting out of my own frustration I'm not doing anyone much good.

It might be best for everyone's mental health if those who see no value in contributing here don't contribute?

Please keep posts constructive.

Dee
Administrator
SR
Old 09-19-2019, 04:38 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KissMyTiara View Post
I have never ever seen anyone get more support on this forum than you. And you ignore everything. All you want to talk about is your drama and being sick. I truly believe you have no intention of getting sober. SR is just a place to get some sort of validation for a couple of days not drinking. Because you have nothing else in your life.
Do you really want to live like this until you die?
I have felt like writing those exact words a few times. I'm sure many of us get frustrated. I know KMT you are responding to one person, but, really, I've noticed your words could fit several people to a tee. (Disclaimer: this would fit me when I was drinking also, except that I stopped drinking ten years before I had a computer or there was a www internet for anybody at all or forums or smart telephones.)

It also kind of aggravates me that these discussions get ten times (sometimes literally) the views and responses as positive, thoughtful, truly helpful discussions---however I do realize that human beings love a train wreck! It's okay.

I'm a little rough around the edges I know, but I try not to cross the line. If you'll let me relate a story, I'll tell you why.

When I was about six months in, my group went on a service call to a hardcore state prison. My sponsor told me I was going, so I did.

On the way out, I asked him what the point was? I had absolutely nothing, and I mean nothing, in common with those prisoners, we're talking murderers and drug kings, and there was no way they, first of all, were even listening, and, second, nothing in my life could possibly relate to them. Nothing I could say would have any value.

He said, "I hear you, but you don't know. You could say one word tonight, give one little experience, that changes a life. Maybe it's that guy sitting in the back of the hall scarfing down the stolen sugar, the guy with the bad attitude who isn't listening. Besides, you may never know if you changed a life, or you may find out years later. You never know. Let's just go and you tell your story as honestly as you can."

That's what my sponsor told me. God I loved that man.

I wish I could finish with a Hollywood ending where a guy hunts me down years later and tells me I changed his life that night....that would be cool, but no such luck!

I will mention another experience though. I went with my group to a rehabilitation home for ladies, New Englanders...again, nothing in common. But I told my story, me, a dipsomaniac from Colorado.

After the meeting, this classy tiny old lady, who had to be at least eighty, all lace and tea and a New England accent I could barely understand, comes up to me in tears, I mean with tears rolling down her cheeks, and takes my hands and says, "Young man, I'm so grateful, so happy, thank you; you just told my story."

So I guess you never know.
Old 09-19-2019, 04:51 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Administrator

I posted to try and focus people back on helping Sweetichick.

Support doesn't always mean the you go girl type of thing - it can be straight talking too - but suggesting that people are wasting their time is not helpful.

Discussions about newcomers and compassion fatigue and how much good we do are best left to another thread, if someone feels a burning desire to start one.

Back to the original poster please, lest I have to start removing posts, and I hate removing posts.

Dee
Administrator
SR
Old 09-19-2019, 04:54 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I understand. I tried to delete my post but the system won't let me. You can do it for me if you like, it's no big deal.
Old 09-19-2019, 08:08 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I did drink yesterday. My aunt rang me and yelled at me. She is so deeply religious but not spiritual. She doesn’t even like me being on here because it’s not Christian. My youngest apparently walked straight past me and recognised me but I didn’t recognise her . My kitchen table broke and everything slid off it to the floor. Sorry if there is not more I say about recovery. My aunt will be ringing again to see if I have read one of the books by now that she gave me. I need to name and claim bible verses about healing from alcohol. Hope everyone has a good night.
Old 09-19-2019, 10:04 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you decide to do something concrete sweetichick.

You can sit in the Christian forum here and quote bible verses all day but it won't mean a damn if you keep drinking and if you're just doing the Bible thing to keep someone else happy..

I'm sorry that no one in your family seems to be able to offer help without agendas and conditions, but my family's a little like that too.

Looks like it's down to you Sweetichick.

We can help, but this is your challenge.

Like I've said before, you can get a lot of your life back, but only if you commit to change.

You need to make a choice.

Do something or do nothing.

I'd rather put myself in rehab than be carted off to an old folks home in my 50s because realistically the old folks home may be the best case scenario for you if you keep drinking like this.
Old 09-19-2019, 10:06 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hi Sweeti. Really sorry to hear you drank again. Sounds like your Aunt is putting you under pressure to do things her way. On the plus side it’s kind of obvious what your triggers are from this thread which should be a great help for building a super strong plan for recovery. Is there any possibility of you going into rehab to stop the cycle and have a sober future? I’m not sure what else I can say but again please try and get sorted before it’s too late