SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   ReTreading again. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/44199-retreading-again.html)

jlo34 12-04-2004 01:26 PM

Sean,
How are you doing today???? Haven't seen you here yet. Let us know how you are doing, ok!!!

Love and hugs,
Jen

Gr8ful1 12-04-2004 01:33 PM

Thanks Zing,
When I put some time together 2 mos. shy of 3 years. I did all the steps except for # 12. I was selfish, too busy, etc. etc. etc... to help another alcoholic. I forgot where I was when It finally stuck for me. I forgot how bottomed out I was.

Re: the LAST HURRAH.......

You know I was planning it. I was lying to more than one person, including myself. Boy am I sick and has this disease progressed in an insanely quick way. Fricken wake up...Sean!!! I'm going to die if I don't get help. I was going to drive from Idaho through Vegas - SIN CITY and have one last night of F***ing off and then down to treatment the next day. Would I have made it to treatment, I don't know. Would I have died in Las Vegas like Nicolis (sp) Cage in that movie or like so many other drunks. Maybeeeeeee, PROBABLY..... Thanks to my Father - in the program with 25 years sober, who got me into treatment, HE CALLED ME ON IT. He was afraid that I wouldn't show up a treatment.

I made my flight this afternoon. I'm flying down tomorrow and starting treatment tomorrow evening. NOT TUESDAY, NOT MONDAY, BUT FRICKEN RIGHT NOW!.

Thanks guys and please please please appreciate what you have. Be grateful, I sure need to be. I'll talk to you guys when I get out.

Just for today....

Ama 12-04-2004 01:35 PM

Dear Sean,

Just a quick note to wish you every best wish in your search for release from this disease in the treatment centre. Go for it and give it everything you have - else the drink will surely do it and we all know to our detriment what that holds - The Abyss......Luvs and Recovery Ama

Gr8ful1 12-04-2004 01:37 PM

Thanks JLO34,
doing OK, going insane, trying to get all my business affairs in order for the next 30-60 days. I am a business owner, but what does THAT MATTER. It's my life forever, the lives of my wife and children.

see my post above. I'm going to treatment tomorrow. I need to go or I'm going to die. I have become, once again, WILLING to go to any length.

For any of you thinking of going back out. Pull your head out....It's not any fun any more. It doesn't work out there. Look at what is important - Your sobriety, Your life.

jlo34 12-04-2004 03:07 PM

Sean,
I'm so proud of you. YEAH!!!!! Wish I could find those stupid faces, but I'll describe the one I'd like to send you - the ones jumping up and down all over the screen!!! Moving treatment to today - awesome. That's desire. I am so proud of you. Make sure you keep in touch, I'll be thinking about you and praying for you. Everything will work out (as far as the business goes), it always does and it will be in God's time, not yours. So go to treatment, focus on why you're there, suck everything out of it you possibly can, and get back here. The things you are sacrificing now, will be rewarded ten-fold, remember. The business will take care of itself. The kids and the wife will probably be pretty damn grateful you are getting better, instead of wondering if you're going to come home dead or alive. Cool, Sean, you got me all pumped up. THANKS!!!

Love and hugs,
Jen

2dayzmuse 12-04-2004 03:18 PM

Bravo Sean, good for you for taking action. It is scary to think what could have happened if you had taken the trip to Vegas, Sin City. No doubt you wouldn't have made it to treatment. The h3ll with it, f*** that notion would have kicked in. Just a hunch I have. You're still not out of the woods yet. There is the airport to deal with. Have you ever watched the reality show "Airport"? They deny allot of passangers boarding due to intoxication. They really are put in a dilema then. Allot of unnecessary drama and inconvience ensues. Let us not forget the beverage cart that crowds the isle. Stay strong and fight the urges. You may want to ask the flight attendant if there is a friend of Bill W. on board. You'd feel much better entering treatment without a hangover. That way you concentrate on recovery instead of your aching head. I don't want to appear to sound negative, but again, I know how an alcoholic thinks. Stay clear from the booze and you'll be much better off for it. Really, what is one more hurrah going to do for you the night before treatment anyway? Make you sick, foggy and hungover and in a state of confusion. It will bring nothing but trouble and despair in unfamilar territory. A recipe for disaster. Your in my thoughts and prayers Sean. Hopefully you'll be able to log on at the treatment center and keep us updated. The best of luck and take care...

LeAnne

Gr8ful1 01-06-2005 10:47 PM

The old life is done

Hey All,

I got out of treatment a few days ago. Doing very good, just for today. I will be starting a new thread to share my experience, strength (faith) and hope. Thanks for all your prayers, they were heard.

goodbye "retread".

Gr8ful for today. :tongue3:
Sean