I just wanted to say

Old 09-14-2019, 10:34 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Bummer man. Sad stuff.
Old 09-14-2019, 10:36 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by taplow View Post
PS - should just say that I know that the ptarmigan isn't a dinosaur but is some bird in South Amerca.
Panic over.
FYI Ptarmigans are not found in South America to my knowledge.

Location: Remote regions of Arctic and subarctic regions of North America, Greenland, and in the mountains of the Pyrenees, the Alps, the Urals, the Altay Mountains, Japan, and Scotland. It has also been introduced to South Georgia, New Zealand, and the Kerguelen and Crozet Islands.
Old 09-14-2019, 10:38 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
not a greeter

I'm not flaunting it, I was just asked a question. Just trying to be honest. I did that because I thought someone genuinely wanted to know. I thought that maybe I could......... well you get the picture.
Just my perception. My question stands though... do you really want to stop? Tomorrow can start today. Dump out what you have, drink some water and go to sleep .
Old 09-14-2019, 10:40 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ringside View Post
Thanks for posting. A good reminder of what I left behind and never want to revisit! Godspeed.
I'm not trying to goad anyone. I'm just here being honest. I'm not extolling the virtues of drinking.
First of all as starting the thread I'd posted some nonsense, being out of my head, and so then several days later wanted to explain myself.
Drinking is not good. Is that all we're going to say? Are we all going to gather together in a group hug.
I said in an earlier post that I'd been sober since May. And before that, from September to May so I'm not trying to knock any of you off course.
Old 09-14-2019, 10:44 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

For what it's worth, I don't see how being honest about drinking qualifies as "flaunting." I'd rather someone keep posting on a recovery board than slink off into the darkness due to embarrassment over drinking, which is a problem the vast majority of us all share. Hence, why we are here.

taplow, I'm glad you're back here with some semblance of a functioning mind. You're right that tomorrow always winds up being today, but I get how it feels when you're in the midst of a day and it just feels spoiled anyway. I do believe that you can make tomorrow the day you stop. I've done that plenty of times. Just don't buy any more and make sure that when you wake up, you will have nothing left to drink. You know the drill for the next several days after. Then, as you know, the real work begins.

Keep posting. We'll be here for you.

O
Old 09-14-2019, 10:47 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I'm not trying to goad anyone. I'm just here being honest. I'm not extolling the virtues of drinking.
First of all as starting the thread I'd posted some nonsense, being out of my head, and so then several days later wanted to explain myself.
Drinking is not good. Is that all we're going to say? Are we all going to gather together in a group hug.
I said in an earlier post that I'd been sober since May. And before that, from September to May so I'm not trying to knock any of you off course.
LOL “Extolling the virtues”, “goad us into drinking”, “knock us off course”.

A drunk guy blathering on a web board isn’t exactly a threat to knock me off course or threaten my sobriety. Your demeanor does the exact opposite for me, it makes me remember how I came across when I was drinking. Self important and egocentric.I look forward to hearing from you after you have some solid sobriety under your belt. 👍
Old 09-14-2019, 10:48 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Old 09-14-2019, 10:51 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gypsytears View Post
Just my perception. My question stands though... do you really want to stop? Tomorrow can start today. Dump out what you have, drink some water and go to sleep .
Thank you. I will. I'm going to go off, have a shower and try to sleep. I've not slept well in days. Drunken sleep, I'm sure you know, isn't much use for the next day.
The thing is, I know that I can't, or rather won't pour the few remaining cans of lager down the sink.
You're a good person. I said earlier that in my previous sobriety I made absolutely no appearances on here. I'm totally selfish.
I'm starting to unravel like the sleeve of an old lady's cardigan.
Note to self - must try to make amends for any future ptarmigan controversy.
Thanks.
Old 09-14-2019, 10:53 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Ptarmigan is the state bird of Alaska.
Old 09-14-2019, 10:59 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Obladi View Post
For what it's worth, I don't see how being honest about drinking qualifies as "flaunting." I'd rather someone keep posting on a recovery board than slink off into the darkness due to embarrassment over drinking, which is a problem the vast majority of us all share. Hence, why we are here.

taplow, I'm glad you're back here with some semblance of a functioning mind. You're right that tomorrow always winds up being today, but I get how it feels when you're in the midst of a day and it just feels spoiled anyway. I do believe that you can make tomorrow the day you stop. I've done that plenty of times. Just don't buy any more and make sure that when you wake up, you will have nothing left to drink. You know the drill for the next several days after. Then, as you know, the real work begins.

Keep posting. We'll be here for you.

O
Wow, thank you. That's exactly what I would say if I knew what to say.
I should also say that people look at my drunken posts and say how I'm a reminder of what they've left all this behind in their terrible drinking days that really what I post when I'm drinking isn't probably much different to what I would post if I was sober.
I'm a wreck.
Notice that the first paragraph had no punctuation - is it correct or incorrect? Ptarmigan decision please.
Old 09-14-2019, 11:02 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

You absolutely can pour the remainder down the sink. Or throw it out the window as hard as you can (don't hit anyone!). I know you don't want to, I know you'll probably need to have a tantrum over it. Feel free. If you are going to start tomorrow, you can't wake up drinking. Then it will be today again. I know from whence I speak, believe me.

Get rid of it, man.
Old 09-14-2019, 11:03 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
Ptarmigan is the state bird of Alaska.
Now this is the sort of post you don't normally get on an alcoholic's forum.
I'm going to look on an Alaskan ornithologist's forum and see how often they mention vodka.
Old 09-14-2019, 11:08 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

We don't know (at least I don't know) how you'd sound posting sober. But in my opinion remarking on your current condition from some lofty place of condescension is just mean-spirited.

I mean I guess some people might get fighting mad and stop drinking just to spite the critics; I'm sure it's happened. Sounds like you've pretty much got the self-denial and any need to prove yourself licked, though. Just get rid of the booze, would ya?
Old 09-14-2019, 11:09 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Taplow, put the drink down and stop fighting SR. We’re here to help, not hinder. Let us help, when you’re willing to listen.
Old 09-14-2019, 11:13 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

You absolutely can pour the remainder down the sink. Or throw it out the window as hard as you can (don't hit anyone!). I know you don't want to, I know you'll probably need to have a tantrum over it. Feel free. If you are going to start tomorrow, you can't wake up drinking. Then it will be today again. I know from whence I speak, believe me.
Get rid of it, man.
Thank you again. And if I were sober I know you're right. Any drug user is creating their own problem. You're banging your head against a wall and then enjoying the relief when you stop.
But no, I'm not pouring my precious few cans away because then tomorrow I will feel that I've had unfinished business. I want to stop again and will.
There's some good people on here.
Ptarmigan's rule.
Old 09-14-2019, 11:24 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

We don't know (at least I don't know) how you'd sound posting sober. But in my opinion remarking on your current condition from some lofty place of condescension is just mean-spirited.

I mean I guess some people might get fighting mad and stop drinking just to spite the critics; I'm sure it's happened. Sounds like you've pretty much got the self-denial and any need to prove yourself licked, though. Just get rid of the booze, would ya?
I think I said earlier that I probably wouldn't be much different posting sober except that I probabaly wouldn't be posting sober.
Do I really have a "lofty place of condescension"? I thought I was in the basement of self abasement.
You sound really too smart at the moment. I think you've got my best interests at heart and I come over all ungrateful. I'm really not.
I want to help as well. I know what's going on with me so I know what is going on with others.
Old 09-14-2019, 11:29 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

No, I wasn't talking about you being lofty.

Never mind...
Old 09-14-2019, 11:45 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

No I'm certainly not lofty and condescending. I'm more likethe injured and dying Captain Oates who on Scott's expedition to Miltom Keynes said, "I'm just going out for some time, I won't be long." And then he went and left them and died in order to save the others.
I'm like that.
Old 09-14-2019, 12:06 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hope you can start day 1 tomorrow 👍
Old 09-14-2019, 12:32 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I know I'm drunk because I have this belief that everyone on here hates me. Of course I know, when I think about at it, that everyone doesn't really hate me - except you - because I know that no one's really interested.
It's just a belief that's created by alcohol. That's why there are so many fights when people are drunk.
People then say how they don't care what anyone might think about them. That's when they get defensive and so aggresive and say how it's irrelevant.
Anyway the main point I'm here is that I have available, for a limited time only, a once in a lifetime chance of investment in a brand new exciting project that could change your life.
Just for a small investment your dreams can become reality.