Notices

One month

Old 09-07-2019, 11:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

One month

I cannot believe that I have come this far, but am so pleased that I have. Previously, the thought of doing just one AF day seemed totally impossible. I was concerned that I would not be able to cope with the level of agitation I would feel in the evening (when I drank home alone), that I would not be able to relax in the evening, that I would not be able to focus on a book, a TV programme, or reading online material about my interests (gardening an cooking); and that my sleep would become worse than it already was.

Even after the first day, I noticed how much calmer I felt and as the month has gone on, how much inner peace I have found, and how much better I am now sleeping. I actually look forward to my evenings now with alcohol.

I am also losing some of my ‘gin belly’, and my resting heart rate (I wear a FitBit) has come down 10 BPM.

I drank for 14.5 years, and prior to that I had been AF until a ‘bullying’ so-called friend (who I no longer see) forced a drink on me one Christmas. All through my drinking, I have longed to get back the feeling of contentment I had when I didn’t drink. I am so, so grateful that that feeling has now returned.

It has been my birthday during this past month and someone bought me a bottle of Cava for it (I used to love Cava). I gave it to another friend the next day. I have also been out for a meal, where I drank mineral water.

Just coming here to SR, even if I am just reading posts, has been really, really helpful. Makes me realise that I am not alone.

Thank you for helping me get so far.
Old 09-08-2019, 12:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Many congratulations on 1 month
Old 09-08-2019, 12:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I wear a Fitbit too. My resting heart rate is around 50, but I noticed last time I drank back in December, it was 58 or so. Interesting benefit of not drinking.
Old 09-08-2019, 01:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sweet job on the one month.
Old 09-08-2019, 01:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Badga

D
Old 09-08-2019, 01:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

go you! congrats on one month, it is such a special time bc you are re-doing you life. Changing habits was a hard thing to do, but so great to accomplish.

You got this!
Old 09-08-2019, 02:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well done! Big milestone
Old 09-08-2019, 09:01 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Wonderful news, Badga. It's great to read about how things have changed for you over this past month.
Old 09-08-2019, 09:05 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Job well done friend. ✌