Notices

Day 2

Old 09-06-2019, 02:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2

Feeling a bit more human today. Stayed in bed nearly all day and have not gone out.

My relapse has cost me money, time off work in sick/ annual leave and put me in danger.

I dont really want to leave home at the moment. I will try tomorrow to go to the gym. I am 41 and have a back injury so the gym is not easy for me.

i should of seen the relapse coming. Ironically now I have relapsed it will be easier to stay sober next couple of months due to the pain still being fresh in my mind.

Alcohol is an ingenious and ruthlessly effective enemy especially for the alocoholic. Even after months even years of sobriety when life is going well and your resolve not to drink is at its highest Alcohol says ‘I don’t like this, does this person think he can beat me? I’ll show him I am master.’ Then a sudden impulse to drink enters a persons mind or they just injest alcohol accidentally and them not only does all the pain and misery of allcohollism come back it comes back worse than before.
Old 09-06-2019, 02:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sorry about your relapse, but it sounds like you've got a good grip on the cause and effect.
It's why I still come here after ten and a half years sober, I'm one drink away from a drunk.
And reading post's like yours remind me of what can happen should I not keep my house in order. So, thanks for your post. It's helped me today.
I'm sorry you had to go through so much misery to post it.
Remember, you never have to drink again.
Best to you, and I hope you recover quickly.
Old 09-06-2019, 02:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I’ve just been to the gym after a three-week break for a holiday and a bit of a personal issue. I knew I’d be very out of condition so took it slow and easy. Even if I’d have only done half a workout today, that would’ve been more than enough. Try and get to the gym as any exercise is better than none.

Don’t be too hard on yourself about the relapse.