Notices

If drunks ruled the world part 2...

Old 09-09-2019, 07:53 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I sometimes go through this too, less. But ultimately I come back to self compassion, and the belief that we are all a work in progress. We are who we are because of our experiences, even alcoholism, and we are the lucky ones for getting out of this trap, for moving forward, self actualizing, etc. While I regret many things I did the years I spent drinking, I can’t change the past, and I don’t believe I would have the depth of character that I have now had I not battled these demons.

Try not to beat yourself up. You are a changed person for the better now. You are in a position to help other people (and one way you are helping is by being here).
Old 09-09-2019, 08:06 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Yes, good post. When life throws those curved balls I also envy the drunk on the bus. That option no longer exists for me. I squandered it. Now I just have to face reality for what it is.
Old 09-09-2019, 08:11 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I’m trying to concentrate on self-actualisation, today and everyday forwards . I can’t rewrite (regretfully) the past. I can script today. I find that regret is a forceful brake on my present and future. I’m consigning regret to where it belongs, in the past