Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

What I’ve become after booze - Weekenders 06 - 09 September 2019

Notices

What I’ve become after booze - Weekenders 06 - 09 September 2019

Old 09-06-2019, 05:13 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Struggling again this weekend. The doc upped my anti-d's this week but obvs that will take a while to kick in. Getting so low and close to saying f it. Maybe it's not so good the booze-soaked memories are further back in my mind after all. I think I'm getting that ol' euphoric recall.

Tired enough to just be going to bed now though. Sober head on the pillow. That's the main thing, right?
Old 09-06-2019, 05:19 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I’m in. I’m not sure how much I’ve changed per se. I’m still quite a work in progress. I’m a helluva lot more accountable these days though. A little more patient, less reactive. Healthier. More calm. ok, I guess I have changed a bit, lol.
Old 09-06-2019, 05:20 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Administrator

read back on a few of your old threads Tetrax - it's not worth going back to that, and that's what at risk.

Things will improve so long as you keep facing forward

D
Old 09-06-2019, 05:45 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Tetrax, yes.... definitely getting my head on my pillow sober every night is probably the best part of my day. Rest well. I’m considering anti depressants or something to at least help me sleep and stop overthinking.

I’m so exhausted. Stressful month, seems doing my job makes some people start to hate me. Still I have no strong urge to drink about it. It’s easier to deal with this without the additional drama and regrets of drinking.

I did a nice workout and now Netflix n dinner. Then getting my head on my pillow sober.
Old 09-06-2019, 05:57 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tetrax View Post
Struggling again this weekend. The doc upped my anti-d's this week but obvs that will take a while to kick in. Getting so low and close to saying f it. Maybe it's not so good the booze-soaked memories are further back in my mind after all. I think I'm getting that ol' euphoric recall.

Tired enough to just be going to bed now though. Sober head on the pillow. That's the main thing, right?
Hang with us Tetrax. Weekends are hard I agree. I take anxiety meds myself and they work so much better when there is no booze. Let the meds do there work. Its to bad these meds don't work right away, that would sure make life easier.

Have a good sleep Tetrax. Tomorrow morning is a new day.
Old 09-06-2019, 06:00 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mariposa View Post
Tetrax, yes.... definitely getting my head on my pillow sober every night is probably the best part of my day. Rest well. I’m considering anti depressants or something to at least help me sleep and stop overthinking.

I’m so exhausted. Stressful month, seems doing my job makes some people start to hate me. Still I have no strong urge to drink about it. It’s easier to deal with this without the additional drama and regrets of drinking.

I did a nice workout and now Netflix n dinner. Then getting my head on my pillow sober.
I am a supervisor at my job, gotta few guys who would much rather see me hit by a bus than follow my directions. I just say to myself there not worth the negative energy and keep stepping forward. I agree with you its much better dealing with it sober than on a hangover or for me going to work with a buzz on.

Sounds like you have a plan for the night, sounds relaxing. good for you.
Old 09-06-2019, 06:03 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Support Tet
Old 09-06-2019, 06:49 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Hey Tetrax, you really put a lot of work in to get this far, and it wouldn’t be worth it to throw it in the trash and feel like garbage over a perceived “good” feeling.

The meds will do their part if you keep doing yours. Moods fluctuate just like anything else. You’ll be okay. You got this.

night all. Tomorrow is my mud run!!! Can’t believe I’m actually going in the mud....lol. Will check in after it’s over.
Old 09-06-2019, 07:06 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

I'm okay sao, I've been reading the 125 page thread on a scuba forum about the California scuba diving boat that burned in the Channel Islands on Monday night, killing 35 of the 39 souls on board.

So tragic. So many ways to die scuba diving...Usually it's the dive we worry about.

G'night weekenders.
Old 09-06-2019, 07:42 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by dpac414 View Post
...Tomorrow is my mud run!!! Can’t believe I’m actually going in the mud....lol. Will check in after it’s over.
Can't wait to read all about it!
Old 09-06-2019, 09:50 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Magsie

Tetrax, not so good to say f**it. Play the tape forward. I hope you got some sleep.

Bim that’s terrible news about the diving boat. So tragic.

Dpac, enjoy your mud run and if the going gets tough, pretend it’s chocolate...but don’t eat it, lol.

Early Saturday morning here, still dark here, I’m just having my first cuppa coffee.

The start of another sober weekend for us.
Old 09-06-2019, 11:28 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Tetrax you have come far too far to chuck it all in. Really you know you don't want that.

Enjoy your muddy messy run dpac.

Well done on your rise to the prestigious crazy golf finals next week Sao.

Rose 3 months is massive when you have been a daily drinker.

Forwards your doing great and sound positive. What type of photography do you do?

Where's Vman and Captain Haddock?? Hope your both ok.
Old 09-07-2019, 12:12 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning, i'm glad all is well bim but it was bad news about that boat.

Yes VMan, CaptainHaddock, I hope you are both well.

I second what everyone else has said Tetrax, no one is ever glad that they relapsed and you will feel good if you wake up on Saturday morning without a hangover, it's a bit like Saturday mornings when we were kids with the weekend streching out before us.
Old 09-07-2019, 01:51 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Tetrax - just throwing my voice behind everyone else's. You really don't want to say the goodbye to what you've worked so hard to achieve. I think Sao said it well. Saturdays waking up not hungover really are like the (usually childhood) days when we just had the glory of a full weekend stretching ahead of us.

Kaily - you're right, thank you! I was indeed a daily drinker so I'm at least 84 bottles of wine better off now, financially, emotionally and mentally. Embarrassingly high number, given that I've yet to get to three months sobriety and a conservative estimate at that but definitely an achievement.

Dpac, your mud run. Not at all envious you understand but definitely interested to hear about it. Best of luck!.
Old 09-07-2019, 02:15 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone, I slept well, sober. I'm really gonna have to go back to basics and take it one day at a time. Practise mindfulness. Break tasks down into small chunks. I keep overthinking the future, catastrophising...

Well, and so, today I'm not drinking.

Enjoy your mud run dpac
Old 09-07-2019, 04:23 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

a GOOD day today, Saturday night in wintery Adelaide.
Old 09-07-2019, 06:06 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Saturday morning in a chilly Winnipeg.

It is suppose to warm up, the family and I are heading downtown to a street festival. Food truck wars, rides, vendors and more!
Old 09-07-2019, 06:08 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

I'm glad you made it through that, Tetrax. Nothing at all that a drink can't ruin or make worse.

Catastrophizing. I feel ya...it's hard not to with all the bad news thrown at us every day. I don't even watch the news and still I knew about that boat fire. Now I have one more thing to add to my, "What could happen," playlist.

The older I get the longer that playlist but also the more successes I have behind me. One of my favorites:

I have a 100% success rate at making it through bad days.
Old 09-07-2019, 06:56 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dpac414 View Post
Hey Tetrax, you really put a lot of work in to get this far, and it wouldn’t be worth it to throw it in the trash and feel like garbage over a perceived “good” feeling.

The meds will do their part if you keep doing yours. Moods fluctuate just like anything else. You’ll be okay. You got this.

night all. Tomorrow is my mud run!!! Can’t believe I’m actually going in the mud....lol. Will check in after it’s over.
Best of luck at your run, what an exciting event. Enjoy.
Old 09-07-2019, 07:02 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by STDragon View Post
Saturday morning in a chilly Winnipeg.

It is suppose to warm up, the family and I are heading downtown to a street festival. Food truck wars, rides, vendors and more!
Howdy STDragon, I'm over in Saskatchewan and its a chilly morning here as well. I hope to get some harvesting in before more rain comes in next week. What crazy weather we are having.
Your day sounds lovely wish I was there, is the street festival at the Forks?
tkr, Enjoy.