Notices

No Motivation

Old 09-04-2019, 01:41 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
nez

I have an 8oz glass on the table and it has 4oz of water in it. I am interested in bringing the water level up to the 6oz mark. If I put my best efforts in to it, I can find a way to accomplish my goal. If instead I keep looking at all the ways my efforts will be thwarted, I will wind up with a glass on the the table with still only 4oz of water in it.
Old 09-04-2019, 03:41 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Motivation? Haha! That's a good one. Your AV has a real sense of humor.

I always get more done on even my laziest day sober when compared to days when I drink.
Old 09-04-2019, 04:00 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ThatWasTheOldMe View Post
I can't afford to go to AA as it costs money to get there.
Much like I can't afford to buy new work boots or tools in case they're worthless in two weeks when I don't have a job. My work boots have holes in the bottom.
I'm not even sure if I should spend money on food.

I don't want to trigger people by sharing my dark thoughts, so I'm just gonna be quiet.
I'm really confused about your woe is me posts. You say you make $45K a year. Nothing wrong with that! And you don't support a family, you say you live with your father. No reason you can't get to an AA meeting because it cost too much. Or to buy a new pair of boots or have the soles repaired. Get out there and start putting out resumes. A hundred of them. Online and make cold calls. You say you are a loser and can't get a job because you are stuck in that mentality. Get busy LIVING!
Old 09-04-2019, 04:13 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

You were really fired up abpout aa not so long ago - it would be a shame to let that slide over money fears.

Can you maybe car pool with someone from your meeting? contribute a little to fuel when you can?

D
Old 09-04-2019, 05:55 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PinnacleOR View Post
I’m on Day 19 and am exhausted and cranky. Today I just didn’t want to talk to anyone....
I'm on Day 10,954 and I started out the day pretty darn tired, very cranky, and I didn't want to talk to anybody. I'm not kidding. No big deal, though; I have flexible plans for turning days like this around.