Class of September Part 1 2019

Old 09-02-2019, 04:42 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Awesome to know that you made it through dear Bob. s
Old 09-02-2019, 05:15 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Harrylime, RattleandHum and LouLou

stay safe Runner, Bob and anyone else here in Dorians path.

D
Old 09-02-2019, 05:47 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Morning check in....
Good to read you pulled through that moment, bob.
Hi to all, seems that there are a few of us here now with similar situations....
Old 09-02-2019, 11:46 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Just a quick check in on day 4, didn't sleep well last night but slowly feeling more normal....
Old 09-03-2019, 02:29 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Administrator

glad to see everyone moving forward

D
Old 09-03-2019, 03:43 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

1stepup, great job on day 4. Sleep will come in time. I had trouble myself last night. At least it was sober sleep, although limited
Old 09-03-2019, 04:23 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Took me 5 nights before the sweats and insomnia went this time.
But that first night when you really do sleep the whole night, then wake up refreshed.....it really is worth suffering the first few bad nights.
Old 09-03-2019, 04:53 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Good morning all...Glad you made it through Bob! Thank you Dee, we should be fine here.

Another sober morning coffee--yea!....wishing everyone a peaceful day
Old 09-03-2019, 05:02 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

late call in today due i went back to bed this morn x

thanks venuscat and yup i know one of my problems is self worth and have no worth for myself if hatred can be a worth who knows. nvm was just being negative there so will be more positive x got through yesterday and sweats and all that through night which ended up in bed by 7-30pm and woke up 6-15am then took dog out and went back to bed till 11am. got alcohol Councillor tomo, so just need to get through today and get past this craving i have just now.

good to see so many faces and will check in again later x have good day.x
Old 09-03-2019, 05:19 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Day 2. Tossed and turned all night. Fatigued and achy, but othwise okay. I know I have to get through this initial stage and things will improve. This too shall pass
Old 09-03-2019, 05:28 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Doing much better today. Thanks Runner, Soda, and of course Venus and Dee for asking and encouraging. We seem to be clear of the storm where I live in Florida. Many offices and schools are closed around here today, but being in IT, I don't get days off for stuff like this.

Hope this morning finds you well Rattle, Pouncer, Erratic, Tinker, Harry, LouLou and anyone else I missed.
Old 09-03-2019, 06:26 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

I'd like to join the class of September 2019. Since Pouncer invited me, I confidently take the seat next to him or her!

Finding this site is one of the best things, that happened to me since a long time. Usually I avoid online communities, at the end of the day, it's bound to all end in drama, mobbing, narcism, you name it.

I quit drinking last Sunday after finding this site by mere coincidence. I cannot even recall what I was searching for, however, I got stuck reading. There's a bond between people here, it's simply heart-warming. So I read on and on, and whilst it wasn't my plan this Sunday morning to think about my alcohol problem, I started to see, what I am. Do you recall, when you didn't understand a maths problem as a kid, then on a rainy Friday you finally got it? And once you've solved it, you couldn't grasp how you couldn't have understood it in the first place? It's time to start changing.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for each and every one of you. Especially for you, Pouncer, since you wrote you're struggling!
Old 09-03-2019, 06:37 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Oh Harry, I am so sorry that happened.
I think we have all done that...it is so horrifying.....the good part is that people who love us want to stay if they see us making a proper effort to get sober....I think.... s

You are in the right place.....welcome. xx

It's really normal (for us) to feel down and struggly in the first few days Tink....just getting through the day sober is such a huge win....maybe just aim for that right now and be a little gentle with yourself. s You will feel better in a few days, really. s
Venuscat - thank you for the kind words. I feel better today than I did yesterday morning. That’s for sure.
Old 09-03-2019, 06:52 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

The start of Day 2 for me. The day is already much better than yesterday given that I don’t have a hangover, don’t have my wife yelling at me, and am not so close to what happened on Sunday night. I am also alive, which is great. I do feel a little withdrawal symptoms (anxious, sensitivity to light, and Brian is foggy) but they aren’t too bad. I have a long day of work ahead of me where the anxiety gets more pronounced but I just try to hide it when I’m feeling this way.

My wife isn’t really talking to me and we are sleeping in separate rooms. I can’t really accurately read her intentions. She didn’t kick me out nor did she leave but she said some very harsh things yeaterday to me along the lines of she isn’t happy with me anymore and she didn’t sign up for this. Her comments - while harsh - were perfectly fair.

Should I promise her not to drink again to show my commitment? Or is another promise (after several of them) going to ring hollow? She did say “actions speak louder than words” but the action here - not drinking - takes time to show. Anyway I’m just thinking aloud. Hope everyone has a great day. So glad I found this site.
Old 09-03-2019, 08:34 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by HarryLime View Post
She did say “actions speak louder than words” but the action here - not drinking - takes time to show.
There is visible action you can take. You can enroll in a substance abuse program, attend an AA meeting, Smart Recovery meeting, and so forth. Recovery is all about action....and a lot more than just not drinking.
Old 09-03-2019, 09:43 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ravel View Post
I'd like to join the class of September 2019. Since Pouncer invited me, I confidently take the seat next to him or her!

Finding this site is one of the best things, that happened to me since a long time. Usually I avoid online communities, at the end of the day, it's bound to all end in drama, mobbing, narcism, you name it.

I quit drinking last Sunday after finding this site by mere coincidence. I cannot even recall what I was searching for, however, I got stuck reading. There's a bond between people here, it's simply heart-warming. So I read on and on, and whilst it wasn't my plan this Sunday morning to think about my alcohol problem, I started to see, what I am. Do you recall, when you didn't understand a maths problem as a kid, then on a rainy Friday you finally got it? And once you've solved it, you couldn't grasp how you couldn't have understood it in the first place? It's time to start changing.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for each and every one of you. Especially for you, Pouncer, since you wrote you're struggling!
So happy you joined us dear Ravel.

And you are right about the bond between SRs.....some of the best friends I have ever had in my life are people I have not met face to face.

Just got home from my first day of college as a very old grownup. It was awesome.

Old 09-03-2019, 09:46 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

I don't think we can promise anything unless we are serious about or commitment.....I know you are Harry, but I don't think I would be making that promise....I would do as Carl said....get to a meeting. You might love it.

Let your wife see that you are willing to do whatever it takes to deal with this.....that's what I would do. s
Old 09-03-2019, 10:20 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Harry-What Carl said. However, I want to caution you to something I'm going through now that I'm just starting to figure out. I know you hear this all the time "you have to do it for yourself" I've been married for 36 years. Once I got started on this site and trying to quit, I realized that I was doing it more for my wife than me. The things she must have put up with for most of that time had me feeling very guilty. I never wanted her to see me like that again. And it had been working pretty well until recently when I would travel without her or she would travel without me. What was going to stop me if she wasn't there to see it. That's what got me this last weekend. Your story helped me finally realize what was going on and it's something I'm ready to put a lot of thought into. I really do hope you take the right steps now and everything works out with your wife.
Old 09-03-2019, 12:12 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Logging in on Day 5. I had a rough time an hour ago, but the craving has passed.

Glad to see you Ravel!

Harry, glad you joined the class!
Old 09-03-2019, 12:18 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Hi everyone made it through day 3, i was back to work today and felt miserable this morning as had intentions to go back to work after break with no relapses, feeling great, looking great etc ... but it didn't happen. Then i thought, just face up to life, i messed up and this is a low point but if i don't drink then this is my worst point and my life can only improve now one day at a time, and if i got to fake it abit, my happiness i mean, then thats what i do. So thats what i did, and each day i will focus on not drinking, dealing with my mental health and becoming a better happier person.