Notices

10 months sober

Old 08-30-2019, 06:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

10 months sober

Hello 👋🏽
Finally made it to 10 months sober! I’m just going to jump into it and make this quick. A lot of you know what I was going threw along with many other people. Lots of people gave me great info and inspiration to stay sober and I’m happy it is paying off. With that being said I was going threw some bad withdrawals “PAWS” for sure. Things have got better over the months and I’m sure things will hopefully still get better with the continued sobriety. I know people have told me it varies with time and depending on the person. I’m still going threw what I’d like to call light paws symptoms because of how bad they use to be. Back when I was feeling horrible it felt as if I was still buzzed sort of and stoned in a way. My eyes would feel fuzzy and blurry. Feeling of being spaced out and out of body was also another big issue. I literally thought I did damage that was irreversible to my brain and that I was going to feel that way forever. ANYWAYS after months of continued sobriety the effects have gotten way better and more manageable. At 10 months I’m still having somewhat of anxiety at times and I feel when I get put into a certain situation my anxiety brings out the symptoms. Also still have waves of feeling brain fog or just fuzzy headed to where nothing’s on my mind and as if I have no emotions. Feels like my brain still is some what slow and not fully there to being completely healed. Sometimes I think we’ll DAMN how much longer are these waves and feelings going to continue for and it gets me down. The thought of “my brain won’t fully heal” always passes my mind and then I’m like no that can’t be true.

Im going to continue to stay sober and not break! The thought of going back to day one would break me without questions. This journey has been a wild roller coaster for sure and I’m still fighting for that day that I feel “normal” and at full function.

CAN anyone that went threw PAWS relate to this? How long was your recovery and did symptoms get better and fully disappear over time? I’m sure there’s people that when threw what Iv experience and have some advice.

Thank you and keep pushing!
Old 08-30-2019, 06:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 10 months!
Old 08-30-2019, 08:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad things are improving Blake - congrats on 10 months

D
Old 08-30-2019, 08:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

10 months is just amazing. So many opportunities to fall down and you’ve risen to every challenge.
Old 08-30-2019, 09:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on ten months sober! I also went through PAWS for about the first year or so. Mostly it was memory lapses and inability to concentrate on the task at hand. It got a lot better after I'd been sober over a year.
Old 08-30-2019, 10:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am at 6 months now and I work on the assumption that PAWS will never completely go away. I have to accommodate that into my recovery. And rather that every now and then than any of horrors of active alcoholism. PAWS can be managed. Alcoholism not.
Old 08-30-2019, 11:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats to you!!!!