Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Sober Road of Recovery through another Weekend - Weekenders 30 August - 02 September 2019

Notices

Sober Road of Recovery through another Weekend - Weekenders 30 August - 02 September 2019

Old 09-01-2019, 07:57 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

oh, yeah, your image has the pop ups.

I drove that thing a couple times and it was scary big. I don't think mom knew I drove her brand new car.

Glad I didn't get it stuck.
Old 09-01-2019, 09:18 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Still sober, still here, still breathing, still thinking...

Getting a new rug for the living room today and doing some art. Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
Old 09-01-2019, 10:21 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Today I got myself out of my slump and went to a summer fair.

Alfie was a little star and came 5th in fastest recall.

What a difference a day makes. Thanks for being there peeps.

Old 09-01-2019, 11:04 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Yay! I'm glad to hear it Kaily, and go Alfie!!
Old 09-01-2019, 12:46 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  
Magsie

That’s great Kaily and Alfie’s a clever little pup. Sounds like it was a good day for you both

Congratulations Trach, 53 weeks is awesome.
Old 09-01-2019, 01:39 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  
saoutchik

That's great news Kaily! Alfie is a fine looking chap, well done sir!
Old 09-01-2019, 02:25 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

4 weeks today, it’s gone so quickly. Like a blur of work and gym time. It’s also my 4th weekend of doing double workouts on Saturday and Sunday. Yoga class then cardio and weights. I go on Thursdays and Fridays too just cardio and weights. I have only lost 2lbs. I never loose much weight even with cutting out all the empty calories from alcohol. I also calorie count. I completed two hours of work at home today. I will be well prepared for the week when my co-workers will be coming to me with questions and expecting immediate answers. Now just Netflix and relaxing all evening. Tomorrow I am going to walk my dogs in the park. Happy sober Sunday
Old 09-01-2019, 04:21 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Nice work mariposa
Old 09-01-2019, 09:44 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hiya Weekenders

Mariposa wow you’re keeping busy. Congratulations on 4 weeks.

Going to visit family today, which will be nice to have a catch up.
Old 09-02-2019, 12:14 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Congratulations on 28 days mariposa! Well done to all of you who now have a sober weekend in the bank. For all of you who for one reason or another are using the weekend as a time to drink but want to change then do read some of the recovery stories on SR. Anyone can do it - it is just a question of finding the key, the method that works for you and unlocks success.

HAPPY LABOR DAY!
Old 09-02-2019, 12:27 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

That's a good analogy Sao. Find the key to fit the lock of success.

Although I did have to try a lot of keys I eventually found mine. Now, gotta hold it close and make sure I never lose it.
Old 09-02-2019, 04:03 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  
Mr

Greetings all.
Quick check in today.
Busy with work and daughter who started new school this morning...
Take care weekenders
Old 09-02-2019, 04:56 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Good morning all. Alfie sure knows how to pose to a picture!

Among other things, I cleaned out the gutters yesterday. Ugh, what job, it exhausted me. That's what I get for leaving them so long.

I feel like just relaxing today.
Old 09-02-2019, 06:50 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

I went to the rodeo yesterday. It was a bit strange as the introductions are kind of all about family, country, God, the flag, veterans, wholesome appearing young people - and then treating animals roughly. Quite the juxtaposition. There was beer/wine available but no one seemed to have any. There was a demolition derby going on in the next arena. I might have liked that more. Then I got lost when I hit a detour and ended up 10 miles out of my way in the dark. That was fun.

Onward through September.
Old 09-02-2019, 06:56 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Survived Sunday afternoon/evening by making a Nutella pie! Def enjoying food more now than when i was drinking. I'd pour wine on top of everything, unreal.

Heres to another solid week for us all!
Old 09-02-2019, 07:56 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

My first post seems to have vanished - I hate it when that happens - so I'll just post a quick hello and Happy Labor Day to all
Old 09-02-2019, 09:20 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Still here, still busy, still sober.

I had another drinking dream last night where I drank and then decided to pretend like I didn’t. Wtf. Waking up was another relief. Can my brain be cool for like a second? Afraid I am romanticizing the drink a little bit, and every time I have a what if thought I firmly tamp it down with memories of what it was like.

I’ve worked out this morning and would never have been able to do 40lb squats while drinking. I get stronger every day (lol not losing any weight but WHATEVER that’s not what it’s about) and I’m proud of my progress.

Drinking ruins everything. It has never once made me feel powerful or in control. So that’s that.

Plans today include attempting to make a soufflé and eating some good grilling with my mom. Hopefully the former will be successful.

Im sorry I haven’t kept up with y’all. Still reading though. Happy Labor Day for us USA folks.
Old 09-02-2019, 09:32 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dpac414 View Post
Afraid I am romanticizing the drink a little bit
Me too. I think I'm now that low and beat down that booze has started to good again. I'm going to the doctors on Wednesday to see about upping psych meds/going on a waiting list for counselling.

This sobriety thing blows right now.
Old 09-02-2019, 11:18 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by Tetrax View Post
Me too. I think I'm now that low and beat down that booze has started to good again. I'm going to the doctors on Wednesday to see about upping psych meds/going on a waiting list for counselling.

This sobriety thing blows right now.
If you and dpac (or anyone for that matter) think what will happen after you have picked up the first drink , after you have gone to bed that night, (if you do) after you have woken up the next day... well you can see where i'm going with this. On SR the shorthand for thinking it through to the end is "playing the tape." Life is tough sometimes, even for non drinkers so it's only natural to want to take a break from reality sometimes but a book, a film or a walk would be a much better way. You're both doing really well, keep hanging in there because it won't always be this hard.

I hope they were not too rough with the cattle bim. It's not as if they chose to be there.

Have a grrreat Labor Day to all in the US!

I think I mentioned that I was due to fight a duel today. Well I did and won by tampering with the springs on my opponent's nerf gun. Fitting because as far as i'm concerned, from this day onwards the River Thames rises at Seven Springs rather than Thames Head. So there.
Old 09-02-2019, 06:30 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

I think I mentioned that I was due to fight a duel today. Well I did and won by tampering with the springs on my opponent's nerf gun. Fitting because as far as i'm concerned, from this day onwards the River Thames rises at Seven Springs rather than Thames Head. So there

As far as the cows: It was Cowboys 2 / Steer 4 when I left on the steer wrestling and it was Cowgirls 4 / Calfs 4 on the calf roping. At least the roping isn't a yank-back the calf and then hogtie it - it was just, get-a-rope-on-it-from-horseback and then the rope gets released so there's no injuries to cowgirl, horse or calf.

It was still going at 9PM, past my bedtime and I wanted to beat the crowd outta there.

G'nite weekenders.