Notices

Week three - blood test results

Old 08-28-2019, 12:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Week three - blood test results

Well, my blood results are back (liver, kidneys, thyroid, cholesterol, diabetes, full blood count) and they are all, thankfully, normal.

I consider myself very fortunate that they are normal, as they could so easily not have been. I have been told by a medical professional in the past that when the liver starts to decline it is fairly rapid, i.e., if you continue to drink, you can have a test one week and it is fine, but will not be fine in a couple of weeks.

I am now two and half weeks AF, and have thought about how I feel about my results and alcohol. I feel I am now in a place where I do not want to trade feeling healthier (as I do), with the effects of alcohol the following day after drinking.

I know I have been suffering from PAWs, but the morning headaches have now gone, although I do feel incredibly fatigued/tired still. However, my bloods do not indicate that I am iron or Vitamin D deficient, which is a good thing. I suppose the fatigue will go away in time?

Thanks everyone on SR for looking out for me. Nice to feel so supported here.

Old 08-28-2019, 01:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great to hear you had good results Badga.
I think what you're suffering is still part of normal withdrawal/detox tho - PAWs doesn't tend to kick in (of it does at all) until around 30 days or later.

Its good to balance out the fact that you've gotten good results with the fact you're still not feeling too great after 2 weeks AF - helps keep that pesky AV in check

D
Old 08-28-2019, 04:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That must be a huge relief, Badga. You’ve had a lucky break so keep on going and you’ll be fine.

I’m convinced people have developed cirrhosis drinking the way I used to, and I’m amazed my bloods came back OK too along with a fibroscan. It’s still early days, and your urge to drink must still be there, but it will fade.

Old 08-28-2019, 04:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Badga,

What a relief to have done the tests and gotten good results. That's wonderful!

I think the fatigue is definitely normal at this stage. Your body is working on mending itself after years of abuse. As long as you do a productive thing or two each day, you're fine (in my estimation ).

O
Old 08-28-2019, 06:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yeah I know that feeling of relief. I'm glad you're ok. Now the challenge is to keep it that way. Sounds like you're off to a good start!