Notices

Today I will not drink

Old 08-27-2019, 07:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Today I will not drink

All suggestions welcomed.
Old 08-27-2019, 07:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Drink water and go for a walk or some other form of physical activity.
In my opinion, it doesn't matter what level the activity is at as long as there is some.
I would just walk down the block on level ground and I was good with that because I was doing something other then drinking.

Good luck!
Old 08-27-2019, 10:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Maybe make a to-do list of outstanding chores and get some of those beggars ticked off. Always satisfying
Old 08-27-2019, 09:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ok. I drank. I didn't pour out the wine. It's poured out now. Maybe I'll go to a mtg tomorrow. One where they don't know me.
Old 08-27-2019, 11:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry I didn't get to this thread earlier. I would have suggested a meeting today not tomorrow.

You must have a lot of suggestions that you've gathered over the years tho Press about staying sober?

I wonder if this is the rules thing you were speaking about in another thread - you get a bit of a kick, or maybe just even respite, from bring the rebel?

I did too - until I realised that being a rebel was killing me - and that it didn't look half as cool at 40 as I thought it did at 18.

If you want change you need to be willing to make different choices and follow those through with action Press.

I don't think there's any shortcuts?
Old 08-28-2019, 12:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Is no short cut for rwcovery in my book all or nothing
Old 08-28-2019, 05:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I get wanting to avoid the people that know you, that's a natural response. It has been my experience however that the sooner I am honest with myself, and by being honest with my connections in AA I am doing that, the better off I feel. By avoiding I am really just fooling myself. Honestly, no one in AA cares that you relapsed. That doesn't mean that don't care about you. But if there is one place that understands the tendency of addicts to relapse its AA. And you'd probably be helping a newcomer learn too....keep it real on all levels. Makes things much easier long term.