Notices

Please help me

Old 08-26-2019, 01:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Please help me

Theyre going to arrest me on a misdeamor warrany because i do not drive and didnt make it to probation.

All I have is my three dogs and theyre going to take them to the pound.

Pls tell me what to do.I cant live if I lose them.

Please someone help me
Old 08-26-2019, 01:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ShiftHappens View Post
Theyre going to arrest me on a misdeamor warrany because i do not drive and didnt make it to probation.

Please someone help me
Hey,
I understand this is a tough spot to be in.
Can you find a place for your dogs to go in the meantime?

I promise you will live without them, it may not seem like it and it may be hard, but the fact is you will live.

Sometimes we make poor choices and have to pay for them. But the longer we are sober, the better those choices become.

I hope this will soon be just a memory.
Old 08-26-2019, 01:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Do you have a friend who could take them?
Old 08-26-2019, 02:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Please i have no one.

i tried so hard.

I begged God for help.

I cant live without me ex husband.

I tried.

I went to therapy, the doctor...
Old 08-26-2019, 02:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

What kind of help are you looking for, SH?

Call the AA or Salvation Army helpline in your area. Not much anyone can do unless they live in your area...but there are plenty of people in any city who can and will help.

If you are drinking, please stop before it gets worse.
Old 08-26-2019, 02:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear this, I don't know enough.
Old 08-26-2019, 02:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Are you drinking now? Everything seems so much worse when we're into the bottle. Talk to your probation officer and explain why you couldn't make the appointment. How do you normally go? If you contact them immediately and reschedule, it's unlikely a warrant will be issued.
Old 08-26-2019, 02:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Please someone help me
A misdemeanor warrant doesn’t usually result in extended time. Who said they will take your dogs?
Old 08-26-2019, 02:32 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

No one will be here to care for them.

I feel like Im having a heart attack.

Ive been through so much.

All I wanted was some peace.

I cant go to that terrible place and get well
Old 08-26-2019, 02:38 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Pls tell me what to do.
Gathering by some of your other posts you don’t have family or friends to help you out so if I were you I’d contact the shelter and explain the situation and ask if the might have a foster available since it’s just temporary. The other suggestion is ask your ex.
Old 08-26-2019, 02:49 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

My ex remarried his first wife.

I never drank before I met him, i had no idea it would be a problem.

If someone knows, please tell me what theyre going to do to me.

I need a doctor, not jail.

They dont care. I have no criminal record and they issued a warrant because i dont drive and the probation officer never called me back. I kept calling and calling.

Its like they just wanted to put me in jail.

Im in si much pain its indescribable
Old 08-26-2019, 02:52 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

A misdemeanor warrant is not a high priority. What makes you think they are going to arrest you or take your animals?

Did you talk to your probation officer, or are you just letting your imagination go crazy?
Old 08-26-2019, 02:56 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you haven't already I would contact your probation officer and explain that you cannot drive you suffer from agorophobia and your mental health in general is suffering right now.

I know what its like to be crippled by fear and what ifs, but in my experience people, and even institutions, are usually receptive to people troubles if you give them an explanation.

Those explanations are best ahead of any meeting deadlines but anytime is better than nothing.

Try not to panic - talk to someone in the probation office - get documentary and other back up from your doctors if you need it.

Call a crisis line if you feel you need that kind of help.

You can get through this - I promise

D
Old 08-26-2019, 03:09 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

He only called me back today, and said the judge issued a bench warrant on the 20th.

Ive been trying to contat him since the end of july.

I thought if I explained to them they would understand that I am being respinsible and complying with the court to the best of my ability

Thank you everyone for helping me.

Im scared to death abd dont want to lose my dogs. They are the only family i have.

Why does God hate me. I begged him for help. And now this.
Old 08-26-2019, 03:15 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

If you are living in the US there are usually Peer Support Centers (that's what ours is called) that helps folks who are indigent and facing legal problems.

I may be wrong here but if you have a parole officer then you have been in jail? Or some kind of legal problem that involved you having to see a parole officer as part of your 'sentence'? So the misdemeanor happened after the parole started, hence the parole violation? Didn't you tell them you don't drive? This is all a bit confusing. Generally if you have a warrant out, and you don't call the police and tell them why you didn't 'handle' it, they will come to your home and arrest you, take you in, book you and then probably release you. But you'll still have a court date. Can you share what the misdemeanor is for?

Believe me, something like this just costs the system a huge amount of tax dollars so I believe if you call the police and your parole officer and explain you wish to cooperate, they will probably try to help. The cops can come to your home and issue you the ticket for your misdemeanor, and not actually arrest you if they know you wish to cooperate.

I have had a messy, stupid, drunken misdemeanor...so I've had a bit of experience. It was no big deal. I just did whatever they asked me to do.

I don't know if you've started drinking again, but the crap ton of Klonipin you popped the other day was pretty dangerous.

I know the salvation army sounds awful, but maybe get your addictions sorted first? You can let your parole officer know that you are going to treatment. The courts look very favorably on that.

But catatrophizing and providing very nonsensical detail here doesn't really give me much to go on.
Old 08-26-2019, 03:18 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Yeah, I mean the thing about God helping is that He is not a tyrannical bully. He still gives me free rein to screw up my life if that's the choice I make.

I would call and get this figured out. No one wants to arrest you on a misdemeanor probation violation, and I would bet you can sort this out without jail time and without losing your pets, but YOU have to be proactive now that you know there is a bench warrant. Make that call to probation or to the police and ask them what you need to do.
Old 08-26-2019, 03:26 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I just want to make it until friday when I have money to at least try to get thrm cared for.

I was in jail overnight and a out of state friend bailed me out.

I just pled guilty because I cant afford a lawyer and wanted proffessional help with my condition.

I know Im slow, but Im a shut in and dont harm anyone.

If they throw me back in that dungeon I wont make it back.

I just want to feel safe.

Im sorry everyone
Old 08-26-2019, 03:31 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

The misdrmeanor was for petit theft. I walked out of walmart with toilet paper in thr bottom of my cart without realizing it wad there, paid for my groceries and apologized but they arrested me anyway.

I just wanted to put it behind me.

It was an accident. I d8dnt intentionally steal anything.
Old 08-26-2019, 04:36 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

Shift, my suggestion is to talk to your parole officer again and see what you can work out with him. Did you tell him previously that you couldn't drive and so wouldn't come to appointments? If not, tell him clearly now what your situation is and find out what he thinks you can do. I think it's extremely important that you state your situation and ask what you can do to make this right.

My suggestion for your dogs is to google your area and find organizations that rescue animals. They can put you in touch with someone who could foster your dogs for a few days.
Old 08-26-2019, 04:44 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Anna im just terrified.

The Aa people hate me. I cant go to meetings and i knoe very clearly i suffered from a disorder since grade scholl so I tried to see doctors and get help.

Im just terrified