Notices

At day 9, some reflections...

Old 08-20-2019, 05:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

At day 9, some reflections...

it’s 5:39am right now and I’m wide awake. Apparently I got enough sleep last night? Weird. In the last 10 months of active alcoholism, there has not been one morning where I’ve been up this early fully rested. Coincidence? I think not. Even on the few mornings where I didn’t drink the night before, I was still dead tired because my body was so run down. Ew.

My skin is way better already. Towards the end, it was all covered with tiny red, itchy irritable dots. And super puffy. Now it’s almost back to 💯!!

I will get to a doctor FYI just to be safe. But I had several sharp pains in and around my abdomen (healthy sign right? ) and in 9 days they’ve completely gone away.

I automatically, with out even trying feel happy and grateful for the little things around me. Like right now the colors in the morning sky this early are beautiful. Before I would look at it insanely sick and hungover dreading the day to come. Hating that it was morning and that this was my life.

Went to to another meeting last night and met a new friend. We shared a lot of similarities in our drinking. Going with her to another one tomorrow night.

Very happy right now. Thought I’d share how quickly things start to get better when you stop pouring poison down your throat
Old 08-20-2019, 07:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good morning . yes sobriety is super awesome. Something I have not had for so long. Then 108 days ago my life changed. Like a whole 180 . Good things started to happen . like in all aspects of my life. I am genuinely happy. My health is good. And that's coming from doc. Good peace of mind there I tell ya 2019 started ruff . I was going thru a divorce finalized April of this year. Lost everything.job. moved to mom and pops house . realing from a DUI in 2018. You think I would give up boozing . ....nope that was my friend..... So I thought. Theeeen 108 days ago the miracle happened. I just stopped drinking. So most of us know the drill. Oh my the withdrawals were horrible. Slowly I start to heal. Was getting out of this toxic funk I was in. Then its like the sober wheels were in motion. Things were falling in place. I got a job. Great plus. I still go out and do things I just dont drink. I might be rambling being I just got off work lol. Since I do stay up for a spell to do my readings. And just pausing and reflecting. Anyways life is good
Old 08-20-2019, 08:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

GOOSEMOOSE.

I'm really glad to hear from you this morning and so glad you went to a meeting, have a new friend, and shared your stories.

One of the first things I noticed in sobriety was how green the grass was. It almost blinded me! I, like you, am grateful for the beauty around me, just the simple things in life bring me joy. I lost a lot of "stuff" through my drinking career, but what I have now money can't buy, peace of mind. As my sponsor used to say to me daily, "You've earned it, Sweetheart."

Thank you for sharing this morning and I look forward to keeping up with you on our journeys.
Old 08-20-2019, 10:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes! Peace of mind is the best thing in the world!
Old 08-20-2019, 12:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm so happy for you. Nine days and your life is changing so much for the better.
Just remember, it keeps getting better the longer we are sober.
I'm also glad you made a friend, that is awesome.
Sounds like things are going swimmingly!
Best to you in sobriety.
Old 08-21-2019, 04:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on 9 days GM

D
Old 08-21-2019, 05:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

i'm excited for you that you made a new friend ….because I met my best friend in AA 14 years ago...its perfect to have someone in the rooms on the journey with you.....
Old 08-21-2019, 06:08 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Waking up sober never gets old.