Notices

The non-alcoholic response to an alcoholic

Old 08-21-2019, 06:32 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tekink View Post
My wife likes to tell me it's just as hard for her to deal with me sobering up as she drinks wine. The way it makes me feel inside is hard to deal with.

On one hand, yeah I was a mess, on the other hand she drinks every day sometimes before noon. Sure she's not slobbering drunk and might not have more than three glasses but still...

I find it outrageous.
These people I find hard to cope with as well...they drink a lot...and complain that "I" impact their drinking when I quit...Oh well...you don't wake up with a hangover in the morning...she probably does.
Old 08-21-2019, 06:35 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sweetichick1 View Post
Missy I agree with you. Non alcoholic just don’t understand addiction or triggers or the mental obsession. I didn’t read the whole thread so forgive me if I missed something. Bill W died of emphysema. I was once searching car parks for butts. It was that bad. Thank God I overcame that filthy habit. I lost my ex for a while over it. I still get urges but don’t want back the addiction or my smokers cough. Non smokers don’t understand same as non alcoholic. In some ways it is good my ex is dead so he can’t smoke in front of me.Anyway just saying that you have my support.
I'm a smoker...and I hate it...I had quit smoking also in the past...but picked it up again when I picked up the drink.

Its so GREAT you don't smoke...I hope you are doing good with your drinking goals...or not drinking goals....do what works....maybe whatever worked with the smoking.