Notices

Pain relief

Old 08-19-2019, 04:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Pain relief

I am only just realising how much the drink reduced my physical pain. I have a hard on the body job as a scaffolder for over ten years. Akes and pain in joints and muscles are constant but vary from time to time. Just gonna have to sick it up I guess
Old 08-19-2019, 04:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

well see how you go - you're in early recovery right - I think you'll feel better after you get through this withdrawal phase.

D
Old 08-19-2019, 05:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

You might find that otc medications like Advil do a decent job on pain relief. I hope so. Early recovery is tough and things may ease up as you continue your sobriety.
Old 08-19-2019, 05:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Its just your body going thru the motions . each day of not drinking . you will improve.
Old 08-19-2019, 05:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Finalcall View Post
I am only just realising how much the drink reduced my physical pain. I have a hard on the body job as a scaffolder for over ten years. Akes and pain in joints and muscles are constant but vary from time to time. Just gonna have to sick it up I guess
You will be surprised..the more fluids (correct fluids) you get into your body....nutrition and vitamins...how much less pain you are in...

I also take a drug called Gabpaentin...it helps me with pain.

I have a boyfriend (or did have a boyfriend) that worked as a "framer" his entire life..his knees bothered him always he has fluid on them...forever until he met me....ICE is natures BEST pain reliever....if he was faithful with the ICE after work...he was in a significant amount of LESS pain.