Notices

It’s officially da

Old 08-20-2019, 08:59 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sweetichick1 View Post
Well the groceries are finally arrived but after cleaning up last night and waking at 4am. I am totally exhausted. So badly want a drink right now to get rid of my migraine and shoulder pain. Maybe I just need to buy a takeaway later. I totally overdid it yesterday and this morning. Someone please talk me out of driving to the pub. Just for two drinks to take the edge off.
Don't do it sweeti, put on your pj's and hit the sheets. A good night sleep awaits and a fresh day tomorrow looms near.
Old 08-20-2019, 09:14 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I talked myself out of it after seeing the big scab on my elbow. I will just flake out on the lounge for a while. It would be stupid after making it this far. I think it’s an automatic reaction shop food for the week then drink. I also realised that I was hungry. So I had a sandwich. Thanks for your support.
Old 08-20-2019, 09:28 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Glad you didn’t drink Sweeti. You are into your second week of sobriety, and you got thru payday, two things to be proud of!
Old 08-20-2019, 10:02 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Great job on a week Sweetie!!!

Keep it up, it only gets better from here!
Old 08-20-2019, 10:18 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

This is just so fantastic to read how well you are doing, Sweeti. Keep it up .
Your realization of being hungry instead of wanting to drink is a big one. I often found I was actually hungry when I was craving , and eating something made it go away.
Rooting for you
Old 08-20-2019, 10:49 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Angry

Yes I think it was all just hunger. I had only eaten a couple of eggs all day day. Not used to eating just drinking.
Old 08-21-2019, 12:46 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

You'll be craving sugar Sweeti - I used to eat bucketloads of ice cream and orange juice in the early days Keep it up!! x
Old 08-21-2019, 05:39 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Yes I think it was all just hunger. I had only eaten a couple of eggs all day day. Not used to eating just drinking.
Well done on getting through the craving! I'm so proud of you!

Don't forget HALT (B)--Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired (Bored)--these are common feelings in early sobriety that the addiction will usually hijack as a reason to drink. Stop and try to figure out if you're feeling one of them and then do something different.

You are doing so well!
Old 08-21-2019, 12:40 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Keep it up Sweeti!
Old 08-21-2019, 02:04 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zanna View Post
You'll be craving sugar Sweeti - I used to eat bucketloads of ice cream and orange juice in the early days Keep it up!! x
Nice to hear from you Zanna. Sugar cravings that’s interesting. I will try the ice cream and juice with some biscuits thrown in.
Old 08-21-2019, 02:15 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Well done sweeti! Ice cream was my best friend. Or a piece of chocolate (or two lol).
Old 08-21-2019, 02:15 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CupofJoe View Post
Well done on getting through the craving! I'm so proud of you!

Don't forget HALT (B)--Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired (Bored)--these are common feelings in early sobriety that the addiction will usually hijack as a reason to drink. Stop and try to figure out if you're feeling one of them and then do something different.

You are doing so well!
Thanks Joe. I will watch out for HALT from now on. I managed to cook the vegetables and lentils soup after my rest yesterday. It turned out to be delicious. Then I just had an early night. I managed to wheel the bin out just now. Slowly getting more energetic. How was your day?
Old 08-21-2019, 02:18 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gypsytears View Post
Well done sweeti! Ice cream was my best friend. Or a piece of chocolate (or two lol).
Hi Gypsy. Might go to the corner shop and buy some snacks.
Old 08-21-2019, 02:23 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Good idea. Having snacks on hand makes it easier to reach for something easily. Are you allowed to drive? Maybe better to have things delivered.
Old 08-21-2019, 02:31 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

This is absolutely wonderful to read. Well done Sweeti!
Old 08-21-2019, 02:39 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gypsytears View Post
Good idea. Having snacks on hand makes it easier to reach for something easily. Are you allowed to drive? Maybe better to have things delivered.
The corner shop is only a 30 second drive. My concussion is much better. How was your day?
Old 08-21-2019, 02:52 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
not a greeter

The corner shop is only a 30 second drive. My concussion is much better. How was your day?
That’s good news about your concussion. Very short drive for you then, that’s good. Stock up on those snacks. Sugar cravings hit me hard but I gave myself permission. Better than drinking .

My day was pretty good thanks for asking. I have chickens, rabbits and quail to take care of so they keep me busy. I was in the kitchen tinkering making lots of weird foods lol. I like to play in the kitchen. I’m at my mother in laws now with my hubs & our 2 dogs and going to a speaker meeting later on tonight with a gf. I like the speaker meetings.
Old 08-21-2019, 04:42 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Hey there, Sweeti--I am so glad to read that you are sober and taking care of yourself. You're doing an utterly awesome job! Wishing you peace and comfort.
Old 08-21-2019, 04:49 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

I know that feeling, its nice to be slowly getting an appetite back.
Old 08-21-2019, 05:54 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Sweeti, I’m so glad you have been staying sober. Do you have a follow up appointment with your doctor to check on your head? Have you thought about how to keep supporting yourself in recovery.