Notices

It’s officially da

Old 09-04-2019, 05:11 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Day 8 awesome news Sweeti
Old 09-04-2019, 05:32 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Excellent job Sweeti! Keep up the wonderful work!
Old 09-04-2019, 09:44 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Such good news, Sweetie !!!

Old 09-04-2019, 10:39 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gypsytears View Post
Hi sweeti... I put together a short list of health documentaries to get you started. Once you start watching Netflix likes to make suggestions based on subject matter so you’ll likely find more without really trying. I found fat sick and nearly dead to be very inspirational and set me off on a juicing adventure after I first watched it a few years ago. Hope it helps!

What the Health

Fat sick & nearly dead

Forks over Knives

Sustainable

GMO OMG

What’s with Wheat
Thanks so much for the ideas Gypsy. Better than watching Orange is the new Black. I just ate fish and chips for lunch. Not good for my cholesterol. I got one and a half kilos of strawberries for five dollars yesterday. So tea will be yoghurt and strawberries.. Day. 9. I didn’t think this would be so hard but it’s easier than drinking. My quit smoking date is April last year. I lost a couple of friends over that. My mother is stopping chemo. Let’s pray the cancer won’t come back. Waking up numerous times a night hasn’t settled yet. The bin is full again. Only two piles of bottles left to go plus the pantry. Thank you all so much for your support. I couldn’t have done it without you all.
Old 09-04-2019, 10:58 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
Hi Sweeti,

Day 8 is great. If you went shopping that makes me think you got paid. This tends to be a struggle for you, is there something recovery related you can do today? Possibly get to a meeting, or do some reading about recovery.

Might be good to get outdoors a bit if you’re up for it as well, just make sure to take a path that doesn’t pass by the shops where they sell alcohol.

If the thought of drinking pops in your head remember how crappy Day one feels. Log in here, call your aunt, do something related to recovery.

Glad you checked in, and that you’re sober.
Hi Delilah. I have come to accept the fact that every day will be a struggle especially the first 3 months and maybe a year. Exercise and cleaning see to be the key and avoiding triggers. Plus getting out of my own head. Thanks for your kind words.
Old 09-04-2019, 11:43 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  

My aunt wants to meet up with me for lunch on Monday. We have to meet halfway as she and her husband live at the Gold Coast. She is 79. Really appreciate the effort from her.
Old 09-05-2019, 01:51 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by sweetichick1 View Post
Thanks so much for the ideas Gypsy. Better than watching Orange is the new Black. I just ate fish and chips for lunch. Not good for my cholesterol. I got one and a half kilos of strawberries for five dollars yesterday. So tea will be yoghurt and strawberries.. Day. 9. I didn’t think this would be so hard but it’s easier than drinking. My quit smoking date is April last year. I lost a couple of friends over that. My mother is stopping chemo. Let’s pray the cancer won’t come back. Waking up numerous times a night hasn’t settled yet. The bin is full again. Only two piles of bottles left to go plus the pantry. Thank you all so much for your support. I couldn’t have done it without you all.
Fish & chips sounds divine to me. It’s a good thing it’s not easy to find that here in the US lol. I’ve totally revamped my dietary choices (again... I go through phases) to try a heal some health issues so I’ve put myself on a mostly raw vegan, gluten free, low sodium, no white or added sugar, low fat way of eating right now. I saw my doctor for bloodwork and she didn’t give me flack about it so I’m sticking to it. My bp was down to normal after being dangerously high so she agreed it might be my drastic changes.

I’m sorry about your mum. I’ll include her in my metta & prayers.,Its nice you’ll be seeing your aunt. Having support is incredibly powerful. You’re doing well. Not drinking is way easier than drinking and certainly going through the misery of withdrawals. I’m glad you’re almost cleaned up of the empty bottles. I wouldn’t want them around.

Keep it up sweeti. You’re doing well. Super proud of you!
Old 09-05-2019, 03:01 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Wow, Sweeti!

I've been checking in on you for quite some time. You sound like a different person altogether today. I'm very pleased for you! Early days are difficult, for sure, but I hope your physical being is starting to feel much better.

Wishing the best for your mum. It's really lovely that your aunt wants to meet up; a nice motivation to come out of the weekend sober.

Any way you can rid yourself of the piles of bottles within the next day or so? It feels really amazing to me to be rid of those; in fact, I just reminded myself that I found one the other day that I need to toss out Today!

Go, Sweeti!

O
Old 09-05-2019, 06:37 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

I am so very proud of you! Keep it up!
Old 09-05-2019, 10:45 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sweeti, good job on Day 8. I hope you're feeling better. And, I'm glad that your mother is doing well.
Old 09-05-2019, 01:42 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Fantastic Sweeti congrats on day 8
Old 09-05-2019, 01:58 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Well done sweeti your doing amazingly, keep going
Old 09-05-2019, 04:55 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Well done sweeti, you sound like you have concrete clean plans. I think you are on your way to this being a successful story in your life. Proud of you, keep it going.

Keep us posted sweeti on your days, love to here your accomplishments.
Old 09-05-2019, 09:10 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Congrats on Day 9 Sweeti, tomorrow will be double digits, that’s a great place to be. I’m glad your mom is doing better, I’ll pray the cancer doesn’t come back. It’s also nice that you have plans with your aunt on Monday. What are your plans for the weekend? What’s the weather like by you?
Old 09-06-2019, 05:34 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Hi sweeti. What’re your plans for the weekend? It’s Saturday morning for you already. We’re having our annual picnic tomorrow so I’ve been busy cooking all day with more cooking to do in the morning. My husband isn’t helping with the few things I’ve been asking him to do for months now (like cleaning up his clutter & junk all over the house) and now we’re down to last minute and he’s still not doing it. I’m extremely aggravated right now. I’m not going to drink over it but I might just leave the house before the picnic starts lol. Anyway, I hope you have a good day .
Old 09-06-2019, 06:36 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Sorry about your hubby Gypsytears, if there is one thing my wife and I do well together its get the house and yard in good shape for company. Been paying a lot more attention to those kinds of things since I stopped the booze, up until that point I would clean but I would convince her that it was ok for me to drink while I did it. She bought that for awhile and eventually wised up to my ****. Now we treat it like a task we can do together and see the rewards together as well.

Hoping hubby will come around in time for the picnic, sounds like a good time.
Let us know how it goes.
Old 09-06-2019, 07:43 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Way. To. Go. Sweetie!!!
How inspiring to read your last couple of posts.
Thank you.
Old 09-06-2019, 09:39 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Truly wonderful, Sweetie. So immensely happy for you . Enjoy the lunch with your aunt .
Old 09-07-2019, 04:28 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Yay!! Way to go sweeti! How are you doing today?
Old 09-07-2019, 10:37 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

How are you doing Sweeti?