Notices

Champagne photos

Old 08-19-2019, 12:29 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

i agree - either block her or just delete the app. trust me you will live with one less app on your phone!
Old 08-19-2019, 01:11 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Unpleasant malicious family members have been the biggest threat to my sobriety.

So what to do about it? In my case the solution has been to cut them out of my life totally. Sobriety must always come first even before family!
Old 08-19-2019, 01:40 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

My parents still kept their whiskey out on a tray in their kitchen and drank as if there was no tomorrow, even when I was freshly out of the treatment center and very paranoid about even seeing alcohol in close proximity.

After a while, I would just pick up my care keys and announce that I was going to an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting, which had the metaphorical effect of spitting in their drinks.

They were rude.

They declined to visit me in the treatment center, because they correctly assumed one of the topics would have been their own drinking.

I wish them the best, wherever they are, but I can't say I miss them.
Old 08-19-2019, 02:54 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

If it were me, I would speak to her or send her a message saying something along the lines of thanks for the photos its nice to receive them but I would prefer it if you did not send pics with alcohol in as being in early recovery I find them uncomfortable to see. Something like that.

I have a very close relationship with my both my sisters and they know I am an alcoholic and have been a massive support to me. My closet sister is quite a big drinker, although not alcoholic and whilst she wouldnt send me photos deliberately or plentiful of her holding a drink she has on a couple of occasions sent me pics with alcohol in them for example she was at a spa day with her friends and she sent a pic with them having their pedicure with glasses of prosecco. Another time she was in Canada visiting a friend and she sent me a pic of them at dinner and there was wine on the table. I know that she would never send me a pic like that if she thought it would upset or trigger me, in fact I dont think she thought anything of it but if it was a regular thing and it upset me and I told her I know she would be mortified that I felt that way and she wouldn't do it again. This is is just my own opinion but I think that non alkies just dont get it and maybe she is genuinely sending you these pics completely unaware of the impact they have on you.

Just be honest with her. 😀