Notices

Almost drank today

Old 08-19-2019, 02:10 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I know one thing, I only buy suffering if I pick up a drink.
Old 08-19-2019, 08:12 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Guess what felt good this morning!!!!!!! Waking up on day EIGHT not ONE!!! Not feeling sick 🤢 with shakes and dry heaving while brushing my teeth. I have energy, a positive attitude and love for life! Thank you everyone. Next time I’m going to post while I’m feeling like a drink. Not try to white knuckle it
Old 08-19-2019, 08:33 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

GOOSEMOOSE.

A huge congratulations on your eight days. In early sobriety, I had drinking thoughts, but I didn't pick up because of the same methods you're employing, i.e., meetings, prayer, so I always say, as you have, by the grace of God I didn't pick up a drink today. I still get those "emotional hangovers," and I've been sober 22 years. I like you, work really hard to get my thoughts back to gratitude, that no matter what I think or say, I didn't pick up a drink, and that's truly a miracle for an alcoholic to go one day without a drink. Thank you for posting. It'll get easier, sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly. You truly are earning your sobriety one day at a time, like the rest of us. I wish you all the luck in the world.
Old 08-19-2019, 08:36 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by G00SEM00SE View Post
Guess what felt good this morning!!!!!!! Waking up on day EIGHT not ONE!!!
Great going!
Old 08-19-2019, 08:52 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Man today was hard. It took every ounce of my being to not pick up today. I just played the tape forward enough to know it was the worse idea I could ever have. So I didn’t. this is hard. But I’m proud of myself.
Hi Goosemoose I'm pretty new here.

Thanks for posting this, I'm 2 weeks in and trying to stay ahead so what you've wrote about playing the tape forwards gives me some ammunition when and if the time to drink comes!
Old 08-20-2019, 12:52 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Yes thank you guys. All I wanted was for 9pm to come. But that’s not realistic. It was almost like I was taken over and nothing would help. Cunning, baffling, and powerful for gosh darn sure. Dang. Well it’s almost 9now. Going to a meeting tomorrow. As much as I’m happy I didn’t drink, I’m actually a bit depressed with how close I came. Like I actually DID fail... does that make sense?
The drinking thinking doesn't magically disappear once we get sober.

Just work hard on your 12 step program and the frequency of the alcohol thoughts will ultimately (and perhaps slowly) dissipate.
Old 08-20-2019, 02:33 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I was overwhelmed today with the worm. Scared me. I'm 26 days sober and it took me closing my eyes, breathing and remembering the last time I drank. Finally the worm crawled away, but I realize that I have to remain ever vigilant. So helps coming to this site.
Old 09-05-2019, 01:15 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Checking in. I can not fathom that I have been sober for 25 days. A lot of days are still hard and I catch myself starting to romanticize a drink. Sunday’s are still the very worse. But feeling more and more alive and healthy as I keep living odat and not picking up.
Old 09-05-2019, 01:39 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 25!!
Old 09-05-2019, 03:24 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Checking in. I can not fathom that I have been sober for 25 days. A lot of days are still hard and I catch myself starting to romanticize a drink. Sunday’s are still the very worse. But feeling more and more alive and healthy as I keep living odat and not picking up.
Great news Goose. Don’t be a stranger around here. It’s nice hearing from you.
Old 09-05-2019, 03:35 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Goose

D