Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Regret & Remorse - Do they, will they ever go away? Weekenders 16 - 19 August 2019

Notices

Regret & Remorse - Do they, will they ever go away? Weekenders 16 - 19 August 2019

Old 08-21-2019, 06:45 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Had a really nice start to my morning with a 30 minute HIIT workout. The thing about HIIT is that if you don't feel like you're gonna throw up at the end, you're doing it wrong. XD But it's a great way to get moving and get the blood pumping, so I feel ready to start my day.

Other than that, things are more or less the same. AA tonight, and I have to go make the coffee again. For some reason it's giving me anxiety, haha.

Anyway, just wanted to check in. I love all of your senses of humor (was that correct grammar??). Makes hanging out on here a lot of fun.
Old 08-21-2019, 06:51 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Happy Wednesday!

I had a rare sick day yesterday. I had some sort of stomach bug or something and even though I had gotten up and started getting ready to go to work, I simply couldn't go, because I was just about doubled over with pain. It was a rough day, but I'm feeling ok now. Weird.

The Minnesota State Fair starts tomorrow. I live close enough to it that it's no big deal to go. It's one of the bigger state fairs in the country. I won't be going this year, too busy. It's actually been years since I went. It signals the end of summer to me. I feel like this summer went WAY too fast, and I did not get enough of it. Of course, the weather won't turn horrid for a couple of months yet, so there's still time, but once the school year gets going I will be even more busy than I was this summer.

I had a random thought this morning while I was getting ready that I could quit my job if I really wanted to. Just... walk away. But that was just some anxiety talking. I won't do that. It would be dumb. I need the health insurance, and the stability. The paycheck is peanuts, but I get so much more out of being here than just the paycheck. Human interaction. A set schedule. CHEAP, good health insurance. A sense of purpose. So when I get those thoughts I have to talk myself out of it. Kind of like the early days of sobriety when I had to remind myself why I was quitting.

Oh - I am on day 22 of not smoking. It's been rough at times. But I'm doing it!
Old 08-21-2019, 07:06 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Ah ~

Thanks, Dee. I always quickly scan any Links for dicey content, and uncharacteristically missed the Commercial aspect there while focused on other 'stuff'.

Mo Coffee...
Old 08-21-2019, 07:14 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Yay on the smoking MLD. Keep it going.

I think when I got to week three with smoking, it got a lot easier. Well done, you!
Old 08-21-2019, 07:28 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  
Magsie

MLD, pleased you’re feeling better.

Congratulations on day 22 tobacco free.

Bim, how do you do that, multiquotes and replies, do you go advanced or something?

Dpac, it certainly sounds a hard work-out. Nice one!
Old 08-21-2019, 07:58 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Bim, how do you do that, multiquotes and replies, do you go advanced or something?
It's that little thing...you click on that for every post you want to multiquote, then at the end when you're ready to post, you click just then type your reply and post. Dragon just deleted the parts of each multiquote by highlighting and deleting.

It's a pain. I do it every now and then, but this thread isn't one of those where you have to reply to every poster by name...unless you like doing that.
Old 08-21-2019, 08:17 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I had my outpatients checkup and was given the all clear. For once I'll be glad to be back at work. It's itchy though
Old 08-21-2019, 08:22 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dpac414 View Post
Hi all,

Had a really nice start to my morning with a 30 minute HIIT workout. The thing about HIIT is that if you don't feel like you're gonna throw up at the end, you're doing it wrong.
That reminds me of when I first gave up smoking 12 years ago. Afraid and vain of putting on weight I signed up to spinning classes. At the end of the class I honestly thought I was going to die. My legs just wouldn't stop shaking, I could barely walk. When I got home, l got redder and redder, hotter and hotter despite a cool bath and took to my bed.

On my return the next week I found out I had mistakenly gone in the advanced spinning class instead of the beginners!

Now I just eat cake, it way safer.
Old 08-21-2019, 10:12 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  
Magsie

Bim, thanks for explaining, I think I’ve pressed them by mistake sometimes but nothing ever happened. Phew. Sometimes I’m easily confused.

Kaily, cake sounds good!

Saou, pleased you’ve got the all clear. Epsom salts in your bath might help.
Old 08-21-2019, 03:26 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Thanks Mags, without going into too much detail, I had to shave an area that is now growing back. Hopefully it will be less itchy in a day or so.
Old 08-21-2019, 03:29 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  
Administrator

No worries Mesa
Glad you're feeling work ready Sao

Good luck with the no smoking MLD
D
Old 08-21-2019, 06:51 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Look at Dragon learning how to use the multiquote!
Multi-quote? darn I forgot it exists. I did all that with old fashioned cut-n-paste.... maybe next time.
Old 08-21-2019, 07:01 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

https://youtu.be/AgFeZr5ptV8
Old 08-21-2019, 09:37 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  
Magsie

Saou, ah I’m with you now, thought it was stitches itching.

Bim, I looked where the nearest gorillas where to me and there are some in London Zoo. I looked at the zoo on the internet and it does look a good zoo.
My mind thinks of zoos where animals are caged up in small spaces, which I know they aren’t in your zoo and pleased to say London zoo looks the same. One day I may go visit it. They have lodges so you can stay overnight but seems expensive.
Old 08-21-2019, 11:16 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  
saoutchik

They do have Gorillas at London Zoo but I didn't know about the overnight lodges. Just a regular adult day ticket is pricey enough. I have not been to any others to compare it to but it does seem pretty good.

Now that I can go back to work I feel strangely reluctant but it is basically just for a two day week which can't be bad.
Old 08-21-2019, 11:36 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

I struggle with the concept of Zoo's as well Mags and haven't visited for many years. I know there are good and bad, also that they help prevent extinction of endangered species with breeding programmes etc. But captivity must be tough especially for the more intelligent animals.

Bim Happy Fair day. This is how I picture you.

^
No kissing on the carosel

Shaving rash Sao nasty.

Great job on not smoking MLD

Have a good day everyone.
Old 08-22-2019, 01:56 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  
Magsie

New thread begins

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...st-2019-a.html (Staying Sober Together this weekend Weekenders 23 - 26 August 2019)