Notices

Very nčedy

Old 08-13-2019, 01:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Very nčedy

Very needy and scared.

Please help me make it through today, having intrusisive thoughts about hanging or choking myself

Is that detox?

Very confused and disoriented
Old 08-13-2019, 01:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Call for emergency help! 911 works in my part of the world.
If you're having those type thoughts the people to help you are professional that deal with that and not a message board on the internet.
This is not to discourage you from posting but I think based on your post you would be better served contacting the professionals.
Old 08-13-2019, 01:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Take it easy. It is not as bad as it seems. Doing something foolish like that is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Just under a month ago I had a gun in my mouth. Man am I glad I didn’t do something stupid. I’m 20 days sober and life is pretty darn good.

It starts with hope. And the belief that there is a God that loves you and that wants you to get better. Some of us have to suffer immensely just so we can see clearly what alcohol has done to our lives. It starts with one day. Just one day of not drinking. Can you get through the next 10 minutes? Can you go outside and breathe some fresh air and envision a life without alcohol?

The human mind is like the human body. When you get a cut or break a bone, if you treat it with care, it will heal. The mind and the heart are the same, if treated with care they can heal. But if you keep pouring poison into them they’ll never heal. Are you ready to start healing?

Lets get better together. You’re only twenty days behind, not that much in the grand scheme of things. Let’s get you on the road to recovery.

I’m not going to lie, the early days of recovery are hard. You have to keep in mind the goal, happiness, and freedom from the bottle. Never lose sight of the bright future. It may be dark now, but you can walk into the light. It just takes putting one foot in front of the other.

One more thing. Intrusive thoughts are just that, THOUGHTS. You don’t have to act on them. In fact, you shouldn’t. I often think how great it would be to rob a bank or quit my job and live on the beach. But I don’t have to act on those. Especially for us alcoholics we have to be aware that it is our thoughts that are getting us in trouble. Don’t trust everything you think. Actually, when you’re drinking or in early sobriety don’t trust anything you think. That’s why sponsors in AA are so valuable. We run all of our crazy thoughts by them and they help us make sense of them. Once you’re sober for a while you’ll have all new thoughts. That’s the goal.
Old 08-13-2019, 01:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Think its detox.

Googled it and its acute anxiety/OCD

Does anyone else feel so alone?
Old 08-13-2019, 01:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ShiftHappens View Post
Think its detox.

Googled it and its acute anxiety/OCD

Does anyone else feel so alone?
My god I felt alone and scared and anxious and depressed. Our drinking scares the **** out of people so we do end up alone. But you’re not alone here. This is a community that understands what it feels like. Go do some searches for “alone” or “scared”, you’ll see just how common it is. It gets better. I promise.
Old 08-13-2019, 01:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I do. Can you see Dr for meds? I’ve just started an anti-depressant
Old 08-13-2019, 01:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Im on anti depressants

its never enough and im paniced and feel stupid

I wish someone would just come help me but thats just stupid

The regrets and stupid **** Ive done and inability to love myself and connect keep playing over and over

I was ill before I was even drinking. Not sure what to do. Im lost
Old 08-13-2019, 01:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Please go to an ER if you are having suicidal thoughts. You can get the help you need at a hospital.

When you are feeling better, there are lots of healthy ways to manage anxiety and simple breathing exercises help a lot.Take deep breaths. Inhale and exhale slowly. Belly-Breathing: Sit comfortably with shoulders, head and neck relaxed. Breath in slowly through your nose so that your stomach expands. Tighten stomach muscles, letting them fall inward as you exhale slowly through your mouth.
Old 08-13-2019, 01:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you. I will keep my phone here. The Er wont help me. I wish I had a family
Old 08-13-2019, 01:50 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

the ER HAS to help you. it's a mandate.
Old 08-13-2019, 01:50 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

In my experience, alcohol withdrawal caused 90% of those terrible feelings. Pour out all the booze and stay with us. You can do this.
Old 08-13-2019, 01:55 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Its all gone.

I cant imagine whats it like to feel ok
Old 08-13-2019, 02:05 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Its all gone.

I cant imagine whats it like to feel ok
It takes a few weeks to feel normal again, but you will feel better sober. Don't let the withdrawal scare you into drinking again. That w/d anxiety is horrible, but it will pass. Please don't hurt yourself. Alcohol makes us feel depressed but it will get better if you don't drink anymore.
Old 08-13-2019, 02:31 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BeABetterMan View Post

One more thing. Intrusive thoughts are just that, THOUGHTS. You don’t have to act on them. In fact, you shouldn’t. I often think how great it would be to rob a bank or quit my job and live on the beach. But I don’t have to act on those. Especially for us alcoholics we have to be aware that it is our thoughts that are getting us in trouble. Don’t trust everything you think. Actually, when you’re drinking or in early sobriety don’t trust anything you think. That’s why sponsors in AA are so valuable. We run all of our crazy thoughts by them and they help us make sense of them. Once you’re sober for a while you’ll have all new thoughts. That’s the goal.
Plus even when we aren't ill, 50 percent of our thoughts are utter gibberish that bear little resemblance to reality When we're detoxing, wow, our thoughts and feelings are off the charts!

So try not to panic. Leave sorting anything out till later.
Old 08-13-2019, 03:13 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thank you. I will keep my phone here. The Er wont help me. I wish I had a family
An ER will help you if you are having suicidal thoughts. That's what they do.
Old 08-13-2019, 03:28 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi Shift, I'm sorry you are feeling so rough.

If you are feeling suicidal please reach out for help. Call 911 or the suicide hotline and speak to someone, here is a list of numbers by State:

Suicide Hotlines - Suicide.org

You are not alone, you have all these great people right here at SR.
Old 08-13-2019, 04:54 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Get off the internet, stop wallowing in self pity at home, get yourself to the emergency room you obviously need and get help.
Old 08-13-2019, 05:11 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Keep going SHIFT...we are all routing for you.
Old 08-13-2019, 05:39 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

You are not the first person who has been here. Stop drinking and call some help, People over the internet can only do so much. Posting your woes does zilch.
Old 08-13-2019, 05:39 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

You have a choice shift. Either get fed up with the life you are living and do something about it, or continue to feel sorry for yourself and stay stuck. I understand what depression is like, so I know what I'm talking about. As long as you feel your life is a mess, it will continue to be a mess. Maybe an out patient situation might be helpful, but first you have to actually do it. If your desperate enough to change things, you will do what you need to do to better your situation. Self pity can become a lifestyle. One negative thought tends to reinforce other negative thoughts. John