Notices

A cheeky request

Old 08-14-2019, 11:15 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Keep your head up SW some things may be unfixable but other times the body can recover despite all odds. But carpe diem is right all you can do is take the best care of yourself now.

Also understand that just because a viable medical solution doesn’t currently exist or is available for a given condition doesn’t mean something won’t become available. We live in an interesting time. Medical technology is advancing in amazing ways you never know what could be right around the corner. So never give up hope brother.
Old 08-15-2019, 10:49 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks Mns means a lot mate hopefully neurosurgeon will perform a miracle but not sure so don't want to speculate or look up on it the pain is drastically reduced and I'm finally getting real sleep which feels really revitalising

Oh this just happened hear this

Today around an hour ago on our way back from a walk there is a long stretch where a normal pavement is split in 2 one for ppl the other for cyclists and they are aggressive esp around rush hour I tend to sometimes wander into that lane with headphones on and either get screamed at or I get startled anyway going by the rule of give way to incoming traffic I went left on the narrow bit when another guy was walking by now I don't know why but he took offence to this and asked why did I do that I didn't barge him look at him nada just reasoning I haven't got eyes in the back of my head and I'm always getting startled by bikes zinging by I cant see

He then saw Mrs SW and said your with your girl I replied angrily yes what (I know.. but just don't talk about my Mrs innit) at that point Mrs pulls me away and the guy says next time I replied next time what

It ended like that there was no Ill intention and apparently I have a fight on ice (I would kill this guy btw but I'm not like that no more I e left that all behind haven't been in trouble with police since recovery)

Not sure but I know that guy either thought I was racist or he had many circuses in his head

I'm fine if I'm brutally honest I think it would have been better if I stayed and explained I did a bit but obviously went over his head I literally said I haven't got eyes in the back of my head

There was no Ill intention I'm not shaken up but I did feel fighting in me for the first time in a long time so I put that fire out immediately he doesn't know me my story nada he was probably having a bad day took me for a racist or something my hair is shaved down (male pattern baldness it's not on purpose you think I don't want hair !!)

Don't know but all I know is I had no Ill intention and I'm not playing the character he built in his narrative

I managed to run that's how effective the new meds were but I look like a duck running no less lost bare weight not going to let the pc army bring me further down today
Old 08-15-2019, 10:56 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Do your best

FYI when I say I managed to run that was after feeding the fledgling cygnets swans etc during exercise I never ran away from the guy we continued our walk home

Thank god glen wasn't there he don't play racism he don't like anyone outside so phew on a real one

There's a thing .. would he had given way if I had the dog ? Crazy right ? I'm sure we'll bump heads at one point but I'm cool and if acts like a clown I know what to do (No fighting I got way too much in me my cardio is off the richter I'm lifting weights again etc)

Don't think about it your reasoning is sound wolf

Is it ?
Old 08-15-2019, 12:51 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Do your best

Himalayan salt soak incoming https://youtu.be/jcHrEx-Pv0w
">https://youtu.be/jcHrEx-Pv0w
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Old 08-15-2019, 12:52 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Do your best

[QUOTE=Soberwolf;7247998]Himalayan salt soak incoming

https://youtu.be/jcHrEx-Pv0w
Old 08-15-2019, 03:45 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

I'm not sure why you would jump to the conclusion it was racism? As you said, maybe he was having a bad day. Maybe he was dope sick, maybe he had the worst hangover of his life, maybe he just broke up with his girlfriend. We never know what others' are struggling with, right?

Or maybe he's just a jerk.

O
Old 08-15-2019, 04:31 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Prayers, my friend. Hope that you have good news and heal quickly.
Old 08-15-2019, 05:25 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soberwolf View Post
So i recently had a cortisone shot in my shoulder that was to relieve the pain from a torn bicep tendon which is getting surgery at the end of the year but my Dr also texted to say my MRI results are back (lower segments of my spine) and I find out exactly how bad the nerve is tomorrow. (they can't say over the phone because their receptionists)

I don't want this to be permanent so could use all the prayers positive thoughts and good energy aimed towards my damaged thigh nerve

Fingers crossed everything will be ok
why are you waiting until the end of the year?
Old 08-15-2019, 05:40 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope the outcome with your thigh will be better than expected.
Doctors don't know everything - I was never meant to walk

I don't know why the guy on the path reacted like he did but I wouldn't let the event rent space in your head SW

D
Old 08-15-2019, 09:05 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Do your best

That's what I thought last night not thinking about it if he does see me I think he did actually after saying next time I'm well built and no joke with everything inside of me it wouldn't of been logical fair or worthwhile

The reason I assumed racism is because I get this a LOT ever since I got in shape a lot more from people who are not white I hate the way people see colour first I don't never have but this crazy bs pc stuff has got everyone stupid I didn't grow up like that and I'm not some white Norman (shout out to any Norman's out there) I'm way more ghetto and ****** up headwise I might finish with I wouldn't risk my recovery over you stupid and lose some weight you fat ************ next time there won't be a next time just you regretting being a dick

I promise not to go back at the same time you havey word which I also have Mrs SW but if I do see him out and about again I will do nothing unless he hits me and I will then choke his ass out and put him to sleep zzzzz

I bet when he saw me after saying next time he realised why would you say oh your with your girl I've had that before back when I think they say it because I'm ready to go if it's going to be like that like if he got in my face yesterday things would have been way different I hate saying that and hope one day I can delete them parts but yeah next time I won't fight IL just make it clear I will **** you up badly trust me on this you don't want any part of me and finish by saying use your brain be logical dummy

You don't realise how good I done by not reacting not getting physical and calmly walking away he knows what I would do I looked in his eyes to let him know too

Have a wicked sober friday
Old 08-15-2019, 09:14 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Administrator

if I do see him out and about again I will do nothing unless he hits me and I will then choke his ass out and put him to sleep zzzzz
I don't think violence solves anything SW.

I wonder how much of this anger is about other things that have happened to you recently and not about this guy at all?

A lot of my recovery has not been about not drinking at all but about challenging and discarding a sort of toxic masculinity I grew up with?

just my. 02 bud but I think you're better than this.

D
Old 08-16-2019, 02:23 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

What Dee said.

I’ve never heard this side of you before SW but you are beyond this man. As a former bouncer and student of self defense, I can tell you (and don’t take this too harshly I’m telling you because I care about you and think you need to hear it) that this nonsense is nothing more than the result of two men who have deep-rooted insecurities about themselves. It has nothing to do with race or Mrs SW or any of that. You wouldn’t be letting this get to you if you didn’t feel psychologically threatened by this man in some way.

Men don’t usually fight because they are offended by each other’s words, they fight because they feel they have something to prove. What? I have no clue. But you have zero to prove SW. This was clearly a guy who has his own anger issues to work out. It’s not worth your time and energy to let him get to you. You are above and beyond that bro.

Just my thoughts. But I am super happy to hear that the pain is better and you are able to sleep and keep active.
Old 08-16-2019, 06:51 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Do your best

Violence solves nothing I know that I'm just saying if he tries anything in the future imma defend myself that's all I won't fight or let go per say it and he is sooooooooooo not worth it we were just peed off about things but there was 0 I'll intention ony side that's what caused my anger and anytime I think about silly things straight after I'm normally vexxed.. like yesterday

I didn't and not planning on violence I was just stating I will defend myself if **** gets silly I'm not going to avoid where I've exercised for years but I will today to make Mrs SW happy but even if I went out nothing would happen if I saw him hopefully it could resolved with coin sense and a handshake but I doubt that anyway you have my word I won't kill anyone I promise X
Old 08-16-2019, 08:24 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Take good care of you SW and get some R&R! That has a way of deescalating things!
Old 08-16-2019, 08:33 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thank you so much Mns D & Hopeful (and everyone who helped me here x

I knew straight away after logging out I sounded like an idiot talking like that it's not who I am anymore I completely agree with all 3 of the last posts

I am letting it out via weights it's way healthier I'm sorry to anyone who got startled reading this esp ppl in early recovery looking for a gem from 6.1 Soverwolf only to hear him barking on about something so stupid

In the meantime

https://youtu.be/QIbTaMCtA_M

https://youtu.be/9518QrtUYV8