Notices

My Acceptance.

Old 08-09-2019, 02:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My Acceptance.

Hello all, I am currently sitting down enjoying time with my family after a day of reflection. I am 22 years old, and have been to treatment 2 times, been involved in NA for 3 years, and I was clean for 6 months (just about) at my longest duration. Today, I am ready to put a footstep behind me, in the right direction. Once again. I currently have been actively using for 1 year, but tomorrow will be my first day with no substance in me. However, it won't be completely cold turkey, because today was my final dose of a detox medication that I otherwise never use. So I will for the most part be on day 3. I've done this before, and I've done it cold turkey as well. So I somewhat expect not to feel like complete "poo" lol. I had quite the shift in mood today, as my intention to take my life back has always been there, but today this surreal acceptance fell over me, and I'm not going to go into detail (as to avoid triggering anyone in the community.) Just wanted to have a forum to talk to, and occasionally report to during work tomorrow (which still frightens me, even with my prior knowledge of how my body will feel.) I'm ready to start this journey. Thank you all for your time.
Old 08-09-2019, 02:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

You can do this camjft. Stay close to SR tomorrow and for a good while. There is no doubt SR has saved lives. Welcome!
Old 08-09-2019, 07:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am happy for you and wish you nothing but success in fighting the demons.
Old 08-09-2019, 07:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome, and you sound like you are ready to do this.
Old 08-09-2019, 07:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome Cam

A good way to learn nd interact is to join other Newcomer threads, look forward ti seeing more of your words. Support to you.
Old 08-10-2019, 04:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you all!

I woke up feeling better than I thought I would. I'm really confident today. Thank you all, I have a few hours before I have to leave, so I'm ready. I will be in touch throughout the day.
Old 08-13-2019, 03:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

good to read Cam
Old 08-13-2019, 04:32 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Enjoy the day knowing that you are a strong, powerful person. Know that you have support here always
Old 08-13-2019, 06:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Whatever acceptance or insight you experienced sounds encouraging. And no, you don't have to go into detail unless you want to. I know about those experiences. They can be over anything and about anything, but they always have that common thread of being personally meaningful to the person that has them, and can't remember one that didn't lead me to a better place.