SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Hi everyone! I'm back. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/441096-hi-everyone-im-back.html)

Lava 08-12-2019 06:12 AM

Hi everyone! I'm back.

Hello. I've been procrastinating posting here for some days but finally pushed myself to do it.

I've been inactive for over a year, I think. I tried to login through my former account but couldn't remember the password. I was formerly Lava256. Now I'm just Lava.

I'm glad to see many 'familiar faces' since I started reading here again. My hiatus was not an overly drunken one but I did have some binges. I stopped for 9 months to have a baby, though... So I now have a newborn but found myself falling back on past poor drinking behaviour. Checking in here has helped a lot.

I'm on day 5 today and trying hard to stay sober. I'll keep reading and posting. Glad to be back 🤗.

SoberRican 08-12-2019 06:21 AM

Welcome back. Confrats on the litrle one. Funny how this booze thing works you had nine months of no boozing . have a baby and wham back at . the AV was doing push ups waiting for you. But hey you have 5 days in thats good your body should start cleansing by now. Try the one day approach thats it . Keep coming back

ChloeRose63 08-12-2019 06:22 AM

Welcome back, Lava!

least 08-12-2019 06:50 AM

Welcome back! :)

Anna 08-12-2019 07:05 AM

Welcome back, Lava and congratulations on your new baby. You have the opportunity for your child to never know you as an alcoholic. :)

August252015 08-12-2019 08:02 AM

Glad you are back, Lava!!

Dee74 08-12-2019 08:12 PM

Welcome back :)

D

Delilah1 08-12-2019 10:48 PM

Welcome back!

Lava 08-13-2019 04:50 PM

Thank you, everybody ❤.

Soberican; yes, I had a good 9 months but it was relatively easy to not drink during that time. I hadn't really quit, though... It was just, let's wait and see what happens after the baby. Then it became like another month of normal, controlled drinking and then back to zero 🙄😔.

Anna; you're right about the chance for my child to never know me as an alcoholic. I get now, however, how important it is to quit for myself, first and foremost too, though. It's been my biggest motivator.

Anyway, I managed to make it through day 6. The AV has been subtly strong, if you know what I mean. I've replaced drinking with eating, temporarily, and it's been working. So I've basically been stuffing my face 😁. Whatever works, right?

Early sobriety is hard. I hope I can somehow keep my eyes on the ball. Nobody said it would be easy.

Thank you all, again. 🤗

JK130 08-13-2019 04:57 PM

Congratulations - for your new sweet baby, and for 6 days of no alcohol. You sound so determined! Yes!

Hevyn 08-13-2019 06:04 PM

It's very good to have you back with us, Lava.
Congrats on your precious baby.

Lava 08-14-2019 01:12 PM

Thanks a bunch, JK130 and Hevyn.

Today, day 7, has been much easier to navigate, with little to no AV. I've read a lot more here on SR, joined the August class and started a gratitude thread. I've picked up lots of tips and tools I can adopt for my recovery. I know the challenges are going to come. I'll have to be ready for them. Problem for me is that I tend to fall when I'm all happy and feeling good about myself, so I've got to tread cautiously.

🤗.

saoutchik 08-14-2019 01:53 PM

Welcome back Lava! All the best to you and your baby and congratulations on 7 days.