Notices

First day here! Despsrate... Looking for online sponsor

Old 08-11-2019, 10:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First day here! Despsrate... Looking for online sponsor

Hey everyone! Long story short my alcohol and drug problem over the past year and half has gotten so bad i can no longer enjoy life or function. Ive always hqd drug ptoblems but i vould stop or get them under control as needed. This
time is different .. As we speak im crying, shaking, hungover and having a panic attack.

I live in Colombia South América and they have nn/aa here but its in spanish and im more comfortable in english.

Wondering if maybe someone could help me, like an online sponsoring thing... Someone i can message orcall if im going to use? At this point its been a never ending cycle its like i cant get off... Can someone please help ??

​​
​​​​
Old 08-11-2019, 10:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am sorry you are feeling so awful Rsanchez. The cycle of addiction is horrendous. You and only you can make it stop. But we can help you.

There is always support here and while waiting for replies you can read other threads from people in various stages of addiction right through to people with decades of recovery.

Keep posting and reading. Breathe deeply and take it moment by moment.
Old 08-11-2019, 11:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you're struggling, but you have to help yourself too. Today would be a good day to stop drinking and drugging, it sounds like.
I can't save you. You have to help yourself, but you'll find a lot of support here and people in all stages off sobriety.
We'll help you until you can help yourself. And then some.
This is a great place for support, so I hope you stick around and read around.
We're all with you. I've been where you are right now a hundred times. Please make this your last time. Believe me, it only gets worse if we don't stop.

I'm with you in spirit and sending good thoughts your way and hoping you feel better soon.
Old 08-11-2019, 11:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome and I'm sorry you're feeling so bad right now, but have faith that you can change this. I think you will find this message board very supportive and active. I did find some info on English meetings in Colombia, depending on where you are:

AA: Alcoholics Anonymous Medellin, Colombia - English Speaking Group
Alcohólicos Anónimos: Alcoholics Anonymous programme for those seeking help to stop drinking. English and Spanish meetings.

Alcoholics Anonymous programme for those seeking help to stop drinking. English and Spanish meetings:
Main office at: Carrera 10a # 16-39 Of.1009, Bogotá
Tel: (1) 284 4271 / 284 3428

10th Covention Group, BOGOTA
English meetings from 4:00pm to 5:00pm on Saturdays
Address: Street 63A # 24-81 | Neighborhood: Siete de Agosto
24 Hr Mobil: 3188319277

-
Old 08-11-2019, 11:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you

Originally Posted by Ghostlight1 View Post
I'm sorry you're struggling, but you have to help yourself too. Today would be a good day to stop drinking and drugging, it sounds like.
I can't save you. You have to help yourself, but you'll find a lot of support here and people in all stages off sobriety.
We'll help you until you can help yourself. And then some.
This is a great place for support, so I hope you stick around and read around.
We're all with you. I've been where you are right now a hundred times. Please make this your last time. Believe me, it only gets worse if we don't stop.

I'm with you in spirit and sending good thoughts your way and hoping you feel better soon.

I know ultimately its up to me Of course im not wanting anyone to save me, i just wanted to know if its such a thing to find online sponsors. Sometimes i can go about 2 days at most but as soon as i havethe thought its like i have to act on itand im on a mission... Maybe i could say no if i could call someone who relates
Old 08-11-2019, 11:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you

Im looking into one of these now, im messaging the leader... Thank you!
Old 08-11-2019, 12:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

The are so many AA folks here, many of them are likely sponsors. Any advice, like Anna's, would get a willing addict moving in a great direction.

The main thing is i don't drink or drug any more. It took a while, but I am pretty much capable of getting a very small to incredible natural high these days from just about any positive thing I do.

That is how the brain and body work.

Drug addiction alters that capability, among other things, and that is part of why I got addicted, unknowingly, in the first place.

Education, desire, and lots of suffering got me this clean.

Thanks.
Old 08-11-2019, 12:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rsanchez920 View Post
I know ultimately its up to me Of course im not wanting anyone to save me, i just wanted to know if its such a thing to find online sponsors. Sometimes i can go about 2 days at most but as soon as i havethe thought its like i have to act on itand im on a mission... Maybe i could say no if i could call someone who relates
Oh, okay. I get you. A sponsor is usually in person though.
I misunderstood you and I apologize.
We're all here to support you if you want to post before you drink.
This place and in person help is indispensable in early recovery.
We'll support you until, or if you want to, find a meeting or a sponsor.

Again, I'm sorry if I offended you. We're all in this together.
Old 08-11-2019, 01:02 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. I wish you the best in getting clean and sober for good.
Old 08-11-2019, 02:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome.

I am in AA. I have been sober for nearly 16 months. I am currently on my step 5. Do you have a Higher Power? In AA we believe that no human power can relieve us of our alcoholism. We have to find a Power Greater than Ourselves to restore us to sanity. Because when we pick up a drink, knowing what the consequences will be, then we are insane. Praying to my Higer Power restores me to sane thinking and instead of picking up a drink I can pick up the phone and call another alcoholic, or I can come online here and post or I can get my ass to a meeting. That is my defence against the first drink.

There is a 12 step support forum here with lots of experienced AA members. It would be a good idea to post there. As I said I have not completed the steps but I would be willing to give you my number if you wanted to chat/whatsapp and I would be able to share with you what has been shared with me in the steps so far because my primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics achieve sobriety.

Well done for reaching out. It takes alot of courage to ask for help. 🙏❤🙏❤
Old 08-11-2019, 02:44 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Rsanchez - I'm so glad you found us - we're a friendly, encouraging group.
I was in the same situation when I first came here. I was so relieved I was no longer alone. Everyone understood how I was feeling. I hope you'll stay & keep posting. We are with you as you begin your journey to sobriety.
Old 08-11-2019, 03:18 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Welcome, Rsanchez

Not sure if you are aware, but there are also online AA meetings. This link is for English-language meetings:
Online Intergroup : Alcoholics Anonymous

Sounds like you're currently detoxing. Hold on! In just 8 hours or less, I'll bet you'll be feeling at least less miserable.

O
Old 08-11-2019, 03:43 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks

Oh, okay. I get you. A sponsor is usually in person though.
I misunderstood you and I apologize.
We're all here to support you if you want to post before you drink.
This place and in person help is indispensable in early recovery.
We'll support you until, or if you want to, find a meeting or a sponsor.

Again, I'm sorry if I offended you. We're all in this together.

I was able to find some english speaking meetings... There is 1 on tuesday im going to... And Someone from the online meeting group invited me to coffee. Im still so sick its hard to really think but im scared because as you know 2 days later after pan subsides, you forget and start all over. I really cant keep living like this. My goal is to come here everyday and do meetings as well

​​​
Old 08-11-2019, 03:46 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi!

Originally Posted by snitch View Post
Hi and welcome.

I am in AA. I have been sober for nearly 16 months. I am currently on my step 5. Do you have a Higher Power? In AA we believe that no human power can relieve us of our alcoholism. We have to find a Power Greater than Ourselves to restore us to sanity. Because when we pick up a drink, knowing what the consequences will be, then we are insane. Praying to my Higer Power restores me to sane thinking and instead of picking up a drink I can pick up the phone and call another alcoholic, or I can come online here and post or I can get my ass to a meeting. That is my defence against the first drink.

There is a 12 step support forum here with lots of experienced AA members. It would be a good idea to post there. As I said I have not completed the steps but I would be willing to give you my number if you wanted to chat/whatsapp and I would be able to share with you what has been shared with me in the steps so far because my primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics achieve sobriety.

Well done for reaching out. It takes alot of courage to ask for help. 🙏❤🙏❤
It would be much appreciated if i could reach out to you 🙏🏻
Old 08-11-2019, 04:28 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rsanchez920 View Post
I was able to find some english speaking meetings... There is 1 on tuesday im going to... And Someone from the online meeting group invited me to coffee. Im still so sick its hard to really think but im scared because as you know 2 days later after pan subsides, you forget and start all over. I really cant keep living like this. My goal is to come here everyday and do meetings as well

​​​
Do I ever know how you feel. I went through it for ten years trying to quit. Yes, it took me ten years to quit. Of feeling like you do now after another binge.

I'm so happy you found a meeting Tuesday. It can be a scary thing, but remember, everyone is there for the same reason.
And having coffee! That is awesome! The exact same thing happened to me the first time I called AA. They sent an Angel to have coffee with me. I didn't quit right from then, but my life was changed forever.

In person relating to someone, or group, who knows where you're coming from is so much more powerful to me than online. Although both are great and I probably wouldn't be sober if not for this place.
And by the way, I've been sober ten and a half years. Yeah, I been around. Through the wringer and spit out at an AA meeting and here.
I was a bad drunk, too

You can do this. We can help. And you're taking action for yourself.
I must say, I'm excited for you. For the wonderful life that awaits you.
But I ramble.

Best to you online and at your meeting. I'm pulling for you
Old 08-11-2019, 04:33 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you found a meeting and that you have a plan. Also, coming here to SR is always a good idea for support and inspiration. It feels horrible to be where you are right now, but have faith that you can do this. We're here for you.
Old 08-12-2019, 08:04 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

How are you today, Rsanchez?
Good, I hope.
Old 08-12-2019, 08:24 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Good morning

How are you today, Rsanchez?
Good, I hope.
The initial sickness and náusea has passed. I do feel better than yesterday. Im tired, amotional, anxious etc. My goal today is just not to drink or get high... Normally i would just restart so i dont really know what to do with myself
Old 08-12-2019, 08:43 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I'm glad you're feeling better. But still dealing with the mental aspects. Believe me, I know how you feel. But the further away you get from that drink or drug the more stable you will feel.

Hang in there. You've got a meeting you can attend tomorrow. And a phone number to call. I would use those resources. Anything to stay sober.
Best to you.
Old 08-12-2019, 08:54 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Thanks for the words

I'm glad you're feeling better. But still dealing with the mental aspects. Believe me, I know how you feel. But the further away you get from that drink or drug the more stable you will feel.

Hang in there. You've got a meeting you can attend tomorrow. And a phone number to call. I would use those resources. Anything to stay sober.
Best to you.
Im going to go on a little walk withmy son for some coffee. Hoping it will help me