Notices

Back from 7 days of detox. I ****** up this time, guys

Old 08-09-2019, 12:00 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I am so sorry to hear this. I too lost everything, as so many of us had. You have the gift of a new life, you almost didn't make it and for some reason, thank God or the Universe or whoever, you stayed.

Take this time to rest and then begin the process of self-healing through sobriety, all else will fall into place. I was suicidal by the time I realized I had truly lost everything; my marriage was over in 7 months, my career was down the drain, and I had to accept that it was my drinking. Hard to do, but not hard at the same time. Once you cross that threshold and give yourself up to this disease, you begin to see the light. You WILL come out stronger from this, I promise. You just have to do the work. Crazy to think, we have to work for a life that is better than we could have ever imagined. But it there, for you to take.

Sounds like all of this HAD to happen for you to hit that bottom and say enough is enough, I am so glad you are there. Take it one step at a time, it all adds up and before you know it, you will be living your life as a happy, healthy, stronger person. Work towards that. Be gentle, be kind to yourself. You put yourself first.

Sending nothing but positive energy, hugs and good thoughts your way.

Nic
Old 08-09-2019, 01:25 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

How is it going for you today, StrengthNme?