Notices

Old 08-08-2019, 05:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Good morning sober crew. Slept in a little today. Had to work last night. So now when I came in last night. They informed me once again for the fourth time that my work schedule has changed. Lol. I'm like ok so what is it now? Well now starting this Monday I will be doing 11pm-7am Monday thru Friday. I dont know if they waiting for a reaction. For my only response was Oki doki. Hey I am greatful to have a job. 96 days ago I would of been in a foul mood. And then I'll show them! Get boozed . which now I'm like what good will getting boozed do? Funny how that stinky Think in works. Only thing I have to work out is the logistics being I cant or wont drive anymore. Due to my friend booze. DUI. Friend. What a joke. But you know all them things were self inflicted. I cant blame any one but myself. And now I have to deal with it. Which I am . some folks might be omg I lost my driving privileges . well dont have to worry bout DUI now might as well drink. For me that and other things made me make the desision to hang it up on boozing. Let me tell you it was by far the best desision I ever made.. I have stability now. Can handle things much better. The list is endless to all the pluses not boozing has. Again special thanks to all my SR peeps. And with that I'll keep coming back
Old 08-08-2019, 05:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You sound so good Soberican. You are the winner in all of this!
Old 08-08-2019, 10:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You do sound good. Sounds like you're learning to handle things sober, and that is awesome. So congratulations.
Your sober days are really adding up fast!
Old 08-08-2019, 05:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

your attitude is great SoberRican

I worked night work at various times - I kind of enjoyed it in a perverse way

D
Old 08-08-2019, 05:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 96 days, SoberRican! Thank you so much for your real talk; you are an inspiration on SR and I enjoy reading your wisdom every day. Our attitude is one thing that we can change. I have worked nights before, and it does feel kind of good in an odd way-leaving work with the sun rising--I get what Dee is saying. Thanks again!

Last edited by Verdantia; 08-08-2019 at 05:29 PM. Reason: typed 95 instead of 96!
Old 08-08-2019, 07:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yes, you will find a way to make it work...because you can think clearly now...and you have different dreams for yourself...I'm happy I'm on this site at this time to read your inspiring posts and your personal journey. Keep going!