Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

When the AV starts calling.....am I ready? Weekenders 09 - 12 August 2019

Notices

When the AV starts calling.....am I ready? Weekenders 09 - 12 August 2019

Old 08-10-2019, 05:25 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
just life here

unseasonally cold

still going to my homegroup meeting Saturdays, Sunday now

busy day- a walk with a friend who struggles with recovery-well, from everything really, then a visit to an exhibition by a student collective where a friend is part of it- she has natural talent

maybe another exhib, then art with rules homework

I am lodging a protest at starting sentences with a capital

Be the rebel your momma warned you about. I see the ends of sentences are also suspect.

Sounds like a good day, arts and meetings and friend-walking.

I got zero accomplished other than cooking and cleaning and going to the vet for kitty supplies.

See you all on Sober Sunday morning. My favorite day.
Old 08-10-2019, 06:43 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Lazy day for me. Did nothing. Well I did buy a new pair of runners and accomplished some window shopping.

I was surprised to find a pot shop right in the mall!

(sorry, could not resist)
Old 08-10-2019, 06:55 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

lots of stuff going on recently, thinking of drinking too much. Won't do it, can't do it. But thinking of it for some reason. Glad its Saturday night because I can just go to bed and come Sunday I won't think about booze at all.
Old 08-10-2019, 07:05 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Hello Weekenders
Old 08-10-2019, 07:32 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Thomas and Trach, good to see you.
Old 08-10-2019, 08:25 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

I took a 5 hour nap. Had horrible dreams again. I tell myself it’s just my brain rewiring and dealing with inner fears. This nightmare reflected my fear of abandonment, about a boyfriend leaving me and I was so hurt.
I woke up and ate some good food, watched Netflix, and handled some task so they didn’t linger until my work week. Going to watch another movie then bedtime. I did yoga and cardio today, considering the same tomorrow because I felt so great afterwards.
Old 08-10-2019, 11:29 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Mr

welcome and congrats on one week Longlady

great to see post once again in the weekender Dale

in solidarity with pj no caps to start a sentence

no plans today but I did see that there was a local horse racing meet not too far away.

did you buy any pot Dragon...?

can you do some other stuff to get your mind off drinking thinking thomas ?

peace to all
Old 08-11-2019, 12:24 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Keep having drinking dreams. It is on my mind far too much. Dreamt I was at a party and it was a free drink as much as you like bar..I tried to resist but didn't.

I am scared I am going to relapse. I feel very vulnerable. Thoughts and cravings just won't let up. I home in on any drinking I see on tv, almost tasting and feeling that first hit as it enters the bloodstream. I take acamprosate - six tablets daily. I have eaten so much chocolate that it is no longer a treat, more of a habit. I walk for miles when I feel I can. I read SR constantly.

It doesn't help that I am limited to what I can do because of constant overwhelming fatigue so spend far too much time sitting around on my own. Not healthy for anyone.

Feel a bit better for writing it down.

Sorry for being a misery.
Old 08-11-2019, 01:47 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Strength to you, Kaily. Hold on, these feelings come and go. Relapse is not an option. I had one a while ago and getting back on the bus is not as easy as it seemed at the time when I decided to pick up.

Touch wood, this has been one of the shortest winters we have had in recent years. Barely lasted two and a half months. The weaver birds are starting to build nests and I wouldn’t be surprised to see the swallows returning from Europe any day now.

Dragon, high quality on offer at that pot shop, but it does come at a premium! Should last you a lifetime though
Old 08-11-2019, 01:58 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Mr

Hang in there Kaily!
Old 08-11-2019, 04:53 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Aw Kaily, I'm sorry.

You are so strong though. Look at what you've been through and how far you've come. You can do this. No drinking no matter what.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. Any meetings you can go to? It's good to talk this out IRL with like minded people.

Thinking of you. Let us know how you're doing. <3333
Old 08-11-2019, 05:03 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekenders Longlady. Congratulations on one week sober!

Great to see you Trachemys, how are you?

Good to see you Thomas, sorry you're having drinking thoughts. Thoughts happen, just remember that in real life drinking is a terrible idea for the likes of us.

You too Kaily, keep taking your pooches on walks, that'll help. In an odd sort of way so might the aggravation you are having with your dad in as much as it is a sort of distraction activity. I cannot remember if you have seen a doc about your fatigue, if not perhaps get a blood test? Us drinkers often have an iron deficiency which in turn causes a lack of energy.

power to the people PhoenixJ!

Le Creuset are in south London now - pricey!

I did have a weird drink related dream myself although I didn't drink in it. I stole a bottle of vodka to get me admitted to an illegal poker game and the vodka turned out to have a price tag of £1,700. Strange as I was not much of a vodka drinker or a card player. Lay in bed until nearly 10am this morning. Holiday laundry to do later.
Old 08-11-2019, 06:33 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Kailey do you have any way to sort of "give back"? Like, have you considered doing some volunteer work? Lots of places could use the help, how about the animal shelter or zoo? I loved volunteering at the shelter and they were very accommodating with scheduling and the tasks I could do. Even if it's answering phones and holding the occasional puppy, it would be gratifying.

TV is dangerous for me, I used to sit in front of it all day long, or at least have it on. Now I only have Netflix so I choose what to watch and I don't have to see commercials or the news. It has been a life affirming choice for me to be rid of regular TV programming. One of the best things I've ever done, and it's been 11 years now. These days I only turn it on after dinner for a couple hours.

Now I need to give up forums.
Old 08-11-2019, 09:31 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Serene Sunday...

Hangin' with Pals around a Boulder CO Hotel for a Weekend I put together so that the 4 of us - all from different Towns - can see Joe Bonamassa at the famous Amphitheater *Red Rocks* this Weekend. Another nice Dinner out tonight, but this other Couple are pretty much 'Normies'. So, their 1 Bottle of Wine was no large deal for me to navigate last Night. As I see it, such accommodation is The Price Of Life In Drinking Culture. My Pal of ~50 Years was nice enough to ask me well in advance if I minded them drinking with Dinner. Might as well adapt cuz the issue ain't going away. Pricey Wine made their portion of the Dinner Tab $85- more than our half. I guess if my AV was gonna cause problems, last Night would have been the opportunity. No issues.

Fun today includes the usual Dog Park Soiree with MesaDog, followed by a scenic Mountain drive. He's adapting well to Hotel Life while sporting his Summer Buzz Cut. We throw a protective Sheet over the Bedding, and that keeps it simple. Boy, growth has changed things around here to where I'm having to find new Landmarks for navigation. Since I was around here for ~40 Years, my Good Deed yesterday was to help a Hitchhiker on the corner passing through find a stealth spot nearby to crash last Night w/o being hassled.

Good to see all new & legacy Folks here, but my Fun Director duties beckon. So, I gotta skip clicking 'Likes', and the usual banter!

The Stones played the Denver Football Stadium last Night. Pretty amazing Logistics for the Tour...

~ The Rolling Stones High Tech Stage ~

~ 'Gimme Shelter' ~ The Rolling Stones ~ Live ~ 10 August 2019 ~

Old 08-11-2019, 09:46 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

“If you think Mick Jagger will be out there trying to be a rock star at age 50, you are sadly, sadly mistaken.”

Jimmy Fallon as Dennis Hope in "Almost Famous"

...which happens to be my favorite movie.
Old 08-11-2019, 11:23 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Feeling a bit better now. Been out walking. Thanks for the support.

Captain I can imagine how difficult it is to get back on the bus. You are doing great. Don't think I would have the strength. No more getting off!

Here are my babies, Matilda at the front of the pic sleeping is 18.5 years old, I got her at just 8 weeks old.

Old 08-11-2019, 11:25 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Mr

I went to see the stones last year in Marseille on their European tour. It was also in a football stadium (velodrome) but I was very disappointed with the sound quality.

We ended up going to the races today. The rain stayed away... I had a few small bets and lost them all. Mrs Vman bet on one horse cause she liked the name and it won. I heard and am still hearing about that I can tell you

We had garlic and cheese chips on the way home.

Now it's time to chill.
Old 08-11-2019, 11:29 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

My dogs are my sobriety rock Kaily. Sometimes I just get in bed and snuggle with them in the middle of the day if I'm feeling tempted.

Those two of yours are such sweet cuties. I also carry the extended warranty on my dogs

Be strong and remember the bad old days. I thought when I had my first short relapse after my long sober time that it wouldn't be hard to get back on the wagon to stay. Well, it was hard. That first relapse led to a number of other ones. I'm only now truly getting back on track. Please don't risk it.

Trach, so good to see you--what's shaking down south these days?
Old 08-11-2019, 12:23 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Magsie

Kaily, your dogs are gorgeous.
Be there in the moment for yourself and your dogs and your dad. easier said than done, I know.
I had so many drinking dreams when I was in the first few years sober I started thinking there must be a meaning to them.

But now I’m dreaming about work a lot. I left in September but the dreams have got worse. I don’t want to be back there but I think my head is putting it all into perspective, but they can be annoying.
Old 08-11-2019, 12:27 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by Kaily View Post
Here are my babies, Matilda at the front of the pic sleeping is 18.5 years old, I got her at just 8 weeks old.
They are fantastic!

Coincidentally 18.5 yrs is my age (in dog years)