Notices

Hey folks, I found my way back 😏

Old 08-07-2019, 03:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hey folks, I found my way back 😏

Hello good folks of SR.
Tonight I remembered this site and all the support I got here, realised looking back that it was 2017 when I last posted.

Long story short, I was just at the beginning of a series of bad decisions which ultimately ended up with my partner leaving me (police were called and I left the house).

I’d been using cocaine and mdma for well over a year when this happened, and drinking again for most of that.

We separated in October, I haven’t seen or spoken to my children or her since Christmas Day.

I’m currently living with my parents, have been since then. I went on an epic bender for a few months which culminated in my being arrested for breaking a restraining order (tried to contact the children) and taken to court.

My new sobriety date is 12/5/19 which means I’m coming up on 3 months sober and 11 months clean from substances.

I attend A.A. 3 or 4 times a week, if not more. Have a great homegroup, a sponsor, and making some friends.

I now have a full time job as an agricultural equipment technician (I mend tractors and associated farming equipment).

Things aren’t great but I’m handing things over to my higher power and little by little, amazing things are happening. I need to read back through my old posts because I think it would do me good to reflect on them and remember where I’ve been...

I hope everyone is having a great evening and thoughts and prayers are with anyone struggling tonight.

Much love
NGB
Old 08-07-2019, 03:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for posting! It sounds like things are going pretty well, so congratulations on your sober time and new life.
Hope you stick around and best to you.
Old 08-07-2019, 03:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome back and best wishes for you on your journey!
Old 08-07-2019, 07:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi, I don't know you but HI...and I'm glad you are doing well...soon your children will be back in your life...

Its good to see people posting and being successful with keeping down drinks and drugs....life is so much better.

If I do the right things...right things happen....It seems "simple" but not always so simple.

Welcome back
Old 08-07-2019, 09:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for everythings that happened but I'm really glad you made it back NGB

D
Old 08-08-2019, 01:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

So glad you are here! Congratulations on your time sober- and on the huge steps you are taking to rebuild your life - job, good place to live for now, so on.

Stay the course and stick around here too!
Old 08-08-2019, 03:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

glad ya made it back and workin on recovery. my fiance tossin me to the curb was necessary for me to get help,too. i can honestly say im glad she did that. i love myself and life
AG equipment tech- that has to be a pretty sweet job! i would assume ya travel to the repairs rather than the repairs being brought to the shop?

in all hoesty, it reads like things ARE going great for ya. might not be what yer opinion of great is but sure reads great from this side of the screen
Old 08-08-2019, 03:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Huge congratulations on your 3 months! Glad you found your way back.
Old 08-08-2019, 07:52 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome back to you, NGB! I'm so glad to know you are rebuilding your life.

Some of us are slow learners - I sure was - but we now know alcohol brings nothing but chaos & misery. It can never be fun or relaxing, the way we once imagined. Keep posting & reading - we are with you.
Old 08-08-2019, 02:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks so much for all your kind words everyone, they mean a lot.

Just got back from a meeting with my sponsor, good company, good coffee, good for the soul. I’ve just done steps 2 and 3.

Love being in recovery. My life is hard and there’s a lot going on but I honestly know that if I put the effort in, change will come. It’s already started to but it’s a little bit like seeing a child grow, if you see them every day you don’t notice but if you don’t see them for a couple of months you barely recognise them. Same with me, I don’t see the changes unless I reflect upon where I was in my life when I was still drinking.

Off to bed now, I’m going to reflect on what I’ve learned and achieved today and what things I could have done better, and whether I’ve given of myself when it would help another.

Much love
NGB
Old 08-08-2019, 04:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

I’m sorry for what you have been through but it sounds like you are working on your recovery.
Old 08-08-2019, 04:28 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Glad you made it back to sobriety.
Old 08-09-2019, 10:39 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NoGoingBack View Post
Thanks so much for all your kind words everyone, they mean a lot.

Just got back from a meeting with my sponsor, good company, good coffee, good for the soul. I’ve just done steps 2 and 3.

Love being in recovery. My life is hard and there’s a lot going on but I honestly know that if I put the effort in, change will come. It’s already started to but it’s a little bit like seeing a child grow, if you see them every day you don’t notice but if you don’t see them for a couple of months you barely recognise them. Same with me, I don’t see the changes unless I reflect upon where I was in my life when I was still drinking.

Off to bed now, I’m going to reflect on what I’ve learned and achieved today and what things I could have done better, and whether I’ve given of myself when it would help another.

Much love
NGB
Some days, weeks and months can be more challenging than others.

I sure applaud you for coming back here and to working the AA program.

It has sure worked for me.

Keeps us posted, brother.