Notices

Alcohol/benzo withdrawl help

Old 08-07-2019, 02:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Alcohol/benzo withdrawl help

I've been on the alcohol and started the benzos 4 years ago now I have no script anymore 1/2 mg a day. Twice daily there hell to come off I've learned
beer 20-45 a week for 20 years time to time taken time off when have too. Months 2 longest
i want to quit all together and be done.
I don't want to do inpatient
I haven't had a drink in 4 days
Feeling tired
Taking multi vitamins
B1
niacin
Milk thistle
Vitamin c
​and Gabba otc stuff
can I do this I dunno anxiety I have poor couping skills I guess. I've always turned to beer and and alcohol
​​​​
any positive help?
im addicted to benzo from doctor
Drinking myself
​​​​​​
Old 08-07-2019, 03:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome to SR Stephen

I don;t know anything about benzoes but as far as alcohol goes, I think the fundamental step is choosing not to drink today, so congrats on day 4

I think support really helps and you'll find a lot of that here, Post and read around as much as you like - ask any and all questions you need to

D
Old 08-07-2019, 03:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I would always recommend talking to a doctor and anytime you need medical help get it!!
I went through the benzo withdrawals myself the doctor did prescribed them I was taking 1mg 3 times a day and sometime up to 5 I decided to take myself off them after telling my doctor and withdrawals was pretty harsh at first and uncomfortable but it is possible I don’t take them anymore Find what works for you hoping the best of luck to you
Old 08-07-2019, 03:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes, I would just not drink today. I would, however, seek a doctor's advice about coming of benzos.
I take one under the care of my doctor and he told I could die if I stopped cold turkey.
They are nothing to mess around with. That's just my experience.
I hope you stick around here, too. Lots of support here and welcome.
Old 08-07-2019, 05:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

If you were prescribed benzo's by a Dr..it is their duty to properly wean you off them..

I think it is great that you haven't had a drink in 4 days at the same time going thru your benzo withdrawal....

Your doing everything I would do withdrawing from alcohol...except I add a lot of hydration..I drink Pedilyte and Gatorade for days while I am withdrawing.

You also have to keep busy...and have to eat as soon as you can...because eating also helps with cravings.
Old 08-07-2019, 06:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good job on getting through Day 4 of no alcohol. That's great! My suggestion would be to try to get some exercise every day, too, if you're not already doing that. This is a great place for support, so I hope you continue to post.
Old 08-07-2019, 07:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

I don't know about benzos or rx meds.

I am schooled on suffering through the healing using otc substances, diet, and exercise.

I am pretty stable at this point, but it didn't come easy.

I expect to have some ptsd for the rest of my life. I've been to the edge, it was scary.

Never need to visit again.

Thanks.