Notices

Checking in 😊

Old 08-07-2019, 07:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Checking in 😊

I haven't been on awhile, but all's good re: drugs/ booze.
I can't believe my time off is coming to an end, it's flown by. However mentally I feel like I'm slipping abit. I think it's the reduction of my old meds, I don't think I'm quite ready to come off them yet. (Mirtazpine) I'm very self aware, I have a doctor's appointment on Friday, so I'm going to discuss meds etc. It's a bit trial and error.
The other meds (quetiapine) seems to be doing it's job which is a relief.
I'm back to work on Monday which I'm a bit apprehensive and anxious about. I feel like I've been out of the loop. I'm sure I will settle soon.
School holidays have kept me occupied as well as my ever growing pup. She's now 5months old.
Hope everyone is ok
Doris 💖🙏 xx
Old 08-07-2019, 07:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome back. All good in the homefront this way just plugging away at day 95 today. Hope doc can Square away your situation. And get the med thing in order. Keep coming back
Old 08-07-2019, 07:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberRican View Post
Welcome back. All good in the homefront this way just plugging away at day 95 today. Hope doc can Square away your situation. And get the med thing in order. Keep coming back
Thanks SR yeah I'm sure after a bit of tweaking ill get the right combination. 95 days is amazing, well done. I've lost count again lol. I know I gave up cigarettes 5 months ago woo hoo. Xx
Old 08-07-2019, 07:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Glad you popped in! I am one who's been in close work with my psych re meds all in my sobriety. She has me on quetine for sleep- curious if it's the same for you or for anxiety?

Emotional balance is always what I say is most important- spending a lot of time on it right now, in fact.

take care and keep going!
Old 08-07-2019, 07:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post
Glad you popped in! I am one who's been in close work with my psych re meds all in my sobriety. She has me on quetine for sleep- curious if it's the same for you or for anxiety?

Emotional balance is always what I say is most important- spending a lot of time on it right now, in fact.

take care and keep going!
Heyyyy August 😊, the quetiapine is a mood stabilizer for me, I'm on 10 tablets a day to control my mad moods I get. I was constantly on a roller coaster of emotions manic highs and lows. I never knew what mood I was going to wake up in. It was exhausting to say the least. Crazy thoughts running round my head. But im getting everything under control. I'm waiting for my CBT to begin. Another piece of the jigsaw. The mirtazpine are a anti depressant. I was in the highest dose, which has been reduced weekly, but I feel myself slipping so need to re hash doseages etc. It will take a bit of time to get it all right, but I'm getting there. Hope your good xx
Old 08-07-2019, 07:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Glad to hear it, Doris!
Old 08-07-2019, 07:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Doris...I think we all when away from work for any period of time get anxious about returning after Day 1 you will be fine..so don't stress about it...it is just a "thing" you will get thru.

Glad to hear you are doing well! Me too!