Notices

Wanting more

Old 08-06-2019, 05:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wanting more

Good morning all. Its me Again. It's day 94 and I'm wanting more. This day counting thing I like doing . its a good motivater for me. A sense of accomplishment if you will. I mean any day above ground is a good day . and being sober makes it a greater day😃 I can feel and take things differently. My selfishness was the driving force behind my drinking. I tried all kinds of ways to stop this black hole I was in. Until I tried a way that worked for me. And that was turning to a power greater than me. Your probably oh boy here we go a bible thumper. Not the case. Lol well things started to change for the better for me. Mind you it wasnt my will that made me sober. My will would of had me waiting at the liquor store. Anyways now my focus is gratitude. Greatful for being saved . granted all I was thrown was a life line to get out. Now I have to do my part to STAY out of that vicious cycle. So then I say something like this in the am when I wake up. During quiet time . God in heaven how great and amazing Is Your Love, even for a sinner like me! For all the wrong I've done I don't deserve your love thank you for forgiving me for buying me back for restoring our relationship in your son's name I pray amen.
and with that I'll keep coming back.
Old 08-06-2019, 07:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

By any means necessary!

Thanks.
Old 08-06-2019, 09:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

By any means necessary indeed! I agree.

I'm glad you found what you need. It is my opinion that the surrender is what's truly important, to whom or what is up to us.
Old 08-06-2019, 10:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you, Sober Rican. I always enjoy your posts. 94 days is great!