Notices

I need help

Old 08-06-2019, 07:09 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Stop drinking and get to the hospital! Drinking just prolongs the misery and starts the withdrawal cycle all over again. Get medical help to detox.
Old 08-07-2019, 05:01 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Please let us know what is happening with you.
Old 08-07-2019, 06:11 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

You have a big decision to make today. to continue down this destructive path....or stop.

We have all been faced with the same choice. I used to do the same thing you're doing now. call in sick because of a weekend binge, keep drinking to ward off the withdrawal symptoms, keep the binge going, sometimes for days, or weeks. My lowest point was binging for almost two weeks and lying to work about what was happening. I finally said enough. I never told my work, but I stopped drinking, for good. Almost 11 months ago.

You can stop this insanity, it's time to make that decision.
Old 08-07-2019, 06:39 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I hope you are ok, and I hope you check in Kaitlyn. It doesn't have to be this way.
Old 08-07-2019, 06:41 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Just for today

Hi Kaitlyn

I get your position, its not nice, i read this in the day. sometimes break the day down into minuets. just for the minuet.

Just for today I will try to live through this day only, and not tackle my whole life problem at once.

Just for today I will be happy. This assumes to be true what Abraham Lincoln said, that "most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be."

Just for today I will adjust myself to what is, and not try to adjust everything to my own desires. I wiil take my "luck" as it comes, and fit myself to it.

Just for today I will try to strengthen my mind. I will study. I will learn something useful. I will not be a mental loafer. I will read something that requires effort, thought and concentration.

Just for today I will exercise my soul in three ways; I will do somebody a good turn, and not get found out; if anybody knows of it, it will not count. I will do at least two things I don't want to do - just for exercise. I will not show anyone that my feelings are hurt; they may be hurt, but today I will not show it.

Just for today I will be agreeable. I will look as well as I can, dress becomingly, talk low, act courteously, criticize not one bit, not find fault with anything, and not try to improve or regulate anybody but myself.

Just for today I will have a programme. I may not follow it exactly, but I will have it. I will save myself from two pests : hurry and indecision.

Just for today I will have a quiet half hour all by myself, and relax. During this half hour, sometime, I will try to get a better perspective of my life.

Just for today I will be unafraid. Especially I will not be afraid to enjoy what is beautiful, and to believe that as I give to the world, so the world will give to me.

Try and get to a meeting tonight / today. you can also aces help online via skype meeting.
Old 08-07-2019, 06:48 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hi Katylne- I have been following this thread and I really feel for you. You're at the point I got to and I chose to finally be DONE drinking. Then the medical help, and AA.....

I too have been in a job situation- I know you are terrified but I also think you know what's going to happen there. You told them about your drinking problem, and I say this empathetically, any behavior like this wk and calling in is likely to mean one thing to bosses - you're drinking/drunk/hungover.

But a job doesn't matter unless/until/at all compared to you getting sober.

Please let us know how you are and please get medical help. We can't live thru these kind of "hangovers" too many times.
Old 08-07-2019, 03:38 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Hi Katlyne. I hope you did go to the ER. Check in when you can?
Old 08-08-2019, 11:05 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Your last post was 9:30ish on Tuesday night. You were thinking of going to the hospital. Your last forum activity was yesterday at 1:55 pm but you didn’t post. Are you okay?
Old 08-08-2019, 02:08 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

We care, Katlyne - hope you will check in.
Old 08-08-2019, 03:17 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Hey Katlyne
Please let us know that you are ok.
Old 08-08-2019, 07:56 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. I cant post long as i am very tired
just want you to know i am okay. I went.to.the hospital as i got so extremely.sick..i am home now and much better. Thank you for checking on me. Will post more tomorrow.
Old 08-08-2019, 08:19 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Glad you are home and sober and feeling better.
Old 08-09-2019, 12:09 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

I hope you can rest and then find the strength to not pick up and begin your journey to sobriety Kat. Remember how panicked you were feeling earlier, and play that tape. Do not drink please! Check back here, we want to know how you're doing.
Old 08-09-2019, 06:19 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Thanks for checking in. Try and rest, stay hydrated and eat a bit of anything you can keep down.
Old 08-09-2019, 06:28 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

I'm glad you updated us. How are you today? Please don't drink.
Old 08-09-2019, 08:11 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Did you really go to the hospital, Kat? I don’t know why I just got a feeling that maybe you just felt pressured to say that. I remember a couple of years ago during a prior quit attempt when I practically felt pressured to say I went to the hospital bc of all the pleas I got to go during my awful withdrawal. I didn’t say I had gone, but I debated it. I didn’t want to let anyone down and I didn’t want anyone to think I was exaggerating my pain. Anyway,I just, stupidly, suffered it out.

where are you now? Are you drinking? please know we are all here to support you. No matter what is going on.
Old 08-09-2019, 08:14 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for the update, and I hope you're continuing to do well.
Old 08-09-2019, 02:39 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Take care and post soon Kat
Old 08-09-2019, 03:47 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

I'm not a religious person, but God Bless and wish you well. We know how it is.