Notices

Can it be

Old 08-05-2019, 03:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Can it be

Good morning to all my recovering brothers and sisters its me at 93 can it be? Why it sure can and is .. Nothing like waking up with fresh java brewing. Take my little pooch out to go potty. To listen to the birds waking up. Sounds cheesy right? 93 days ago I wouldnt of gave a rats butt about any of that. I would of been gathering laundry and a couple of beers so I can sit in the basemant and pound them beers so I can tame the withdrawal. Sounds pathetic but its true. Then start looking at the clock to see when the liquor store opens. That way I can get my shooters I like to sneak in between the beers I didnt drink . mind you I been boozing since early. Then I go all day boozing it up. Pretty sad life. Fast forward to today. And wow. Complete 360. I feel and look good. So I been told. Thats another big plus. Talk about moral booster. I find it humbling to be told I look good. My response is thanks I feel good too. And that my peeps is what I want all folks that come here to say. That "I feel good". And actually mean it live it. Yes sorry Amazon doesnt do sobriety.lol. Not to mention sobriety is free of charge. It really is. . folks out there on the fence. I challenge you to give sobriety a chance. If you dont like it. Your AV will gladly take you back to your living hell . So what do you say? Think about it. This disision could and will save your life. My name is SoberRican and I will keep coming back.
Old 08-05-2019, 05:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
instant

Great stuff. Pleased to hear it.

I remember the cycle and not having the energy for anything else in my life
Old 08-05-2019, 05:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ugh..I remember sitting here starring at the clock waiting for the time to leave the house and get to the liquor store.

Sometimes I had beers or shooters here to quell the withdrawals until the store opened at 8am and sometimes I did not....

I am so thankful that is not my life anymore..thank you for the reminder.
Old 08-05-2019, 06:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Not only does sobriety not cost you anything it saves you thousands of dollars on money not spent on booze!
Glad to hear you are doing so well and that your are thoroughly reaping the benefits of sobriety. Like you, my ugly relationship with alcohol made me appreciate all the little things when I finally quit drinking.
Old 08-05-2019, 06:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you all. For your responses. Oh herws another twisted thing that I use to do during my addiction. So like I said I would wait for the liquior store to open. Then go buy a bunch of shooters well during my travel I would walk there its that close. During the winter I would drink a few shooters before and on the way there. And I would stuff the empties in the snow. Fast forward and its getting warmer well what happens? The snow starts to melt. And then it would reveal how twisted I was . the whole path to store and back was littered with shooter bottles. Not just a couple .....wow crazy huh. I did go back and pick them all up. Dont know the relevance to this but its just mind blowing what this freakin disease does to one. Keep coming back