SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Had a tough day (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/440835-had-tough-day.html)

Snowydelrico 08-01-2019 10:37 PM

Had a tough day

Signed some contracts to put the house up for sale. Very stressful.
Told my ex , she said I was a lot of bad things and told me I wasn’t being fair to our daughter.
I struggled all day yesterday, I could picture myself in my head running around frantically but trapped looking for a way out. My beast kept trying to ply me with drink but I know the score. Did a lot of urge surfing and playing the tape forward.
I handed the signed contracts in and went home after a long day.
There wasn’t any fireworks when I got in. She was tired to. Must be taking it’s toll on her too.

This is very difficult but I’m getting through it.
Had a very deep sleep last night and feeling a lot better today.
I’ll try to stay on top of my anxiety.

Happy Friday everyone

Dee74 08-01-2019 11:32 PM

I hope your weekend is better Snowy :)

D

MantaLady 08-01-2019 11:51 PM

Sending healing vibes from Pendle Snowy (I am not that far from Stockport), you’ll get through this! xx

Louise39 08-02-2019 03:59 AM

I hope you have a better day today and a great weekend ❤

Doris47 08-02-2019 04:13 AM

Chin up me ole china, big hugs to you darlin xx

SoberRican 08-02-2019 04:51 AM

Keep coming back😃

Snowydelrico 08-02-2019 12:45 PM

Mixed feelings today.
At least my mum is looking better today.
Getting an early night, going to a kids party in the woods tomorrow should be fun.

nez 08-02-2019 01:08 PM

I don't like tough days, who does?, but I find I experience more growth from tough days than when things are going along smoothly.

I especially didn't like my rock bottom, but it actually turned out to be a thing of beauty. It was a starting point to grow and heal. Rock bottom taught me lessons that the mountaintop never would be able to.

Whenever I an going through a tough day, I try to remember to appreciate the growth opportunities that tough days provide. This too shall pass and I will come out better and stronger!

least 08-02-2019 01:52 PM

I hope you can find some peace of mind. :hug:

Hevyn 08-02-2019 02:01 PM

I'm sorry you're going through this hard time, Snowy. I'm glad you're posting about it though.

Dropsie 08-02-2019 02:08 PM

I find these type of choices extremely difficult.

I am thinking of you.

Misssy2 08-02-2019 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Snowydelrico (Post 7239787)
Mixed feelings today.
At least my mum is looking better today.
Getting an early night, going to a kids party in the woods tomorrow should be fun.

I want to come to the party in the woods...You are going to have so much fun sober! And so will the KIDS....:)

Snowydelrico 08-02-2019 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by nez (Post 7239797)
I don't like tough days, who does?, but I find I experience more growth from tough days than when things are going along smoothly.

I especially didn't like my rock bottom, but it actually turned out to be a thing of beauty. It was a starting point to grow and heal. Rock bottom taught me lessons that the mountaintop never would be able to.

Whenever I an going through a tough day, I try to remember to appreciate the growth opportunities that tough days provide. This too shall pass and I will come out better and stronger!

These things are sent to test us.
I just fear that there is only so much a human being can take before something starts to fail.
I suppose the steps into the unknown are scary but once they are made a load is taken off. Just got to keep making them so I don’t get swamped with too much to do.

I’m doing it regardless of the ball and chain attached to my ankle.

No way could I do this with a drink in hand.
I’ve come a long way and almost past the point of no return.

I’ll try to have fun today and try not to get trapped in my own head.
:thanks

NicLin 08-03-2019 12:43 AM

Thanks for posting Snowy and I know you can do this!!!

nez 08-03-2019 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Snowydelrico (Post 7240037)
I’ll try to have fun today and try not to get trapped in my own head.

Oh man do I know this one!

Life doesn't happen in my head. My head tries to run the show to justify it's existence. Life happens in my heart.