Notices

Class of August Part 1 2019

Old 08-25-2019, 06:36 AM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Quit - I had some time alone about a week ago that ended up being a relapse. When the cat is gone the mice will play I guess. Anyway, be gentle with yourself we all understand and are here to help. Do you have anyone that can help you stay accountable to not drinking? I'm rooting for you, I look forward to seeing your post later today.
Old 08-25-2019, 06:36 AM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Pelagic... I can relate to the connection between drinking and an activity. For me
It’s cleaning and wine. It’s fees very uncomfortable for me right now to clean without a class...or let’s face it a bottle...

Day 11 for me. Still super sick with a cold but at work and continuing to trek along sober!

Welcome to all the new members you will find a lot of support here. VenusCat and HW haven’t heard from either of you in a bit hope we haven’t lost you both! Come back!
Old 08-25-2019, 06:40 AM
  # 403 (permalink)  

udntknowme - Hi! Did you decide to go out with your friends? How did it go? Such a hard situation to balance. On one hand we want to be surrounded by friends so we are not lonely. On the other hand we have made the decision to not drink. I think it comes down to priority....what's most important right now? Yes we want friends but if these are newer friends are they the right ones to hang out with? I know for me I've had to let some "friends" go if their only priority is to party. Regardless of your choice I hope you woke up to another sober day
Old 08-25-2019, 06:45 AM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Pelagic - that is so me with any chores, really. I want to drink and clean. It used to be a joke, my husband would say...hand her a beer and a rag and the house will be spotless by the end of the day. Funny then, not so funny now. Now I have to learn how to enjoy chores without drinking. I think it's all about the "I get to". I get to clean my house because I have a roof over my head. I get to go to work because they pay me for my services. I get to cook this food because I am able to buy it with the money I make from the job I get to go to. Essentially it's all about gratitude. Definitely something I need to work at but I do believe it holds the power of finding joy in life and sobriety
Old 08-25-2019, 06:48 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Welcome wtractor and all other newcomers!
Old 08-25-2019, 06:54 AM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I'm glad all went well nmd

D
Me too nmd. s xx
Old 08-25-2019, 06:58 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  

congrats to all for their milestones!
LoveDD - 11 Days
rainbowalien - 6 days
lava - 18 days
pelagic - 15 days
wtractor - 3 days
niclin - 38 days
How many days are you trojanhorse?
I know I'm missing others...just wanted to give a shout out to all of us here building up our days.
Day 8 for me. Yesterday was a wonderful day! My husband, son and I took an hour road trip to Backbone State park where we explored, fished and hiked. The weather was beautiful and being in nature really calmed me. I didn't have one craving yesterday, thank god!
I'm waking up today very grateful for sobriety. Last Sunday at this time I was horrifically sick and spent the whole day in bed. Just think of what all I can accomplish today? It's going to be another beautiful day here so I'll get my laundry done, walk the dogs and continue to work on organizing my scrapbooking supplies. My drinking really impacted my favorite hobby and I'm feeling excitement to get back to doing what I love.
I hope everyone has a wonderful day!
P.S. Trojanhorse - I drink diet coke like water, too lol One thing at a time, right?
Old 08-25-2019, 07:00 AM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Quitnow4 View Post
One more try....Day 1, I need you.

That little bit of time alone yesterday after I helped a friend was enough to toy with the idea of stopping at the store on my way home. And I did. I will not allow myself to drive anywhere alone today. Going to be with family all day.

I hope and pray I can post at the end of this day that I’m back on track.
I want to respond to so many posts.....so much love to all of you....getting through these early days and weeks ad weekends and yard work with triggers, and gosh so many things is hard.

This group is strong though.....so much support and wisdom and understanding.

And courage.

Let's do Sunday together. It's going to be a lovely day. (and already is in the UK and was in Aus. ). s
Old 08-25-2019, 07:03 AM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kgirl41 View Post
Pelagic - that is so me with any chores, really. I want to drink and clean. It used to be a joke, my husband would say...hand her a beer and a rag and the house will be spotless by the end of the day. Funny then, not so funny now. Now I have to learn how to enjoy chores without drinking. I think it's all about the "I get to". I get to clean my house because I have a roof over my head. I get to go to work because they pay me for my services. I get to cook this food because I am able to buy it with the money I make from the job I get to go to. Essentially it's all about gratitude. Definitely something I need to work at but I do believe it holds the power of finding joy in life and sobriety
It's still pretty funny kgirl

How on earth did you get any actual cleaning done?

Kidding.....but it is wonderful that you can joke about it. s

EDIT.....your Saturday sounds like it was divine.....and so does today......but I really am not sure what scrapbooking means.....but I do know it involves art supplies and Michaels and Hobby Lobby and oh how I love those places...... s
Old 08-25-2019, 08:07 AM
  # 410 (permalink)  

I guess it is still pretty funny
Scrapbooking is a paper craft. I create pages on 12x12 cardstock paper with photographs. Its a fun and creative way to preserve memories
Old 08-25-2019, 08:22 AM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Hang in there Quit! We are in the same cycle it looks like. But, we don't have to stay there. Don't let it get you down. I've been reading about how important it is not to beat yourself up, not to lose hope and to stay positive. I am trying really hard to do that. The weather is so beautiful today, I feel like the universe gave me a sobriety present! Maybe it was for both of us.
Sending hugs and looking forward to your post tonight!
Old 08-25-2019, 08:58 AM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Hi all day 2.
It's been a heck of a 2 weeks. My alcoholic uncle died and I am next of kin. Still not fully sure the cause of his death, but alcohol was definitely involved.
I am done. Alcohol isn't passing my lips again. I will not die in anyway similar to how he did.
So glad my Mom and Grandparents aren't around to see this mess.
Old 08-25-2019, 09:03 AM
  # 413 (permalink)  

Ohhhhhh kgirl, thank you. I have been asking that question for two and half years.

Oh Citrus love.....I am so so sorry.....that is terrible. And I hear you....you are done. Love you to the moon and back....let's do this together. xx
Old 08-25-2019, 10:54 AM
  # 414 (permalink)  

So far so good. I’m further along today than yesterday with no intention of drinking. It’s been an emotional day dealing with a child. But I’m not going to escape.

Thanks for being there. I will post end of the day success.

Karen and Citrus, Back at this!
Citrus, Sorry to hear about the loss of your Uncle. What a reminder though where this poison can lead.
Old 08-25-2019, 11:00 AM
  # 415 (permalink)  

Stay strong love. s xx
Old 08-25-2019, 12:22 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Good to see you Karen
I'm sorry about your uncle Citrus. It's terrible that it happened but it can be a great motivator for you. Thinking of you in this difficult time. Take care.
Old 08-25-2019, 01:52 PM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Man I hate these constant waves of thoughts wanting ti get buzzed. I always drank feom 8:30 to 9 at night. I just have to make it to about 10 and I am fine, but the constant thoughts through out the day arw tough, like " am I going to have to live like this for the rest of my life"?
Old 08-25-2019, 02:05 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  

Today is day 1 for me I'm tired of being unhappy and so mad! I will do this!!!
Old 08-25-2019, 03:02 PM
  # 419 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back quit and welcome cuezncars

I'm sorry for your loss Citrus.

early recovery is hard wtractor but no it doesn't stay as hard - there'd be no one here if that was the case

if it's a particular time thats a problem for you why not mix up your routine during that time - get busy and keep occupied? it might help?

congrats to everyone hitting a milestone today no matter what it is

D
Old 08-25-2019, 03:55 PM
  # 420 (permalink)  

Just wanted to say that waking up sober with an unbroken sleep is by far for me the best thing about being sober.. Happy Monday peeps!