Notices

A nice thing happened to me today

Old 07-30-2019, 06:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A nice thing happened to me today

I was browsing the net when an interview popped up with one of my favourite music producers and someone who inspires me with my own music.

I was reading it when towards the end, they spoke about mental health. I've copied it below.

Moving onto a subject that has been at the forefront of most people’s mind across all industries at present is mental health. I asked Oliver’s thoughts on the impact the industry can have on your mental wellbeing, and how can it be improved for those that do suffer… “We all have highs and lows because the pressure that this life imposes is enormous, the stress of travel, the requirements of the management, the expectations of the audience, the creative blocks and the extreme fatigue all lead to a potentially very dark place. We’ve seen much too many examples of this recently and personally I have been completely sober since October 2018 and this has made a huge difference in how I deal with everything. Alcohol is the source of all the problems and from there it just gets worse. There’s no way to be moderate when performing every day sometimes twice a day, you get sucked into a downward spiral until you hit rock bottom and many don’t come back. The remedy is simple; avoid substances, do some sports when you can, and stick to your mission to make music.”

“Being sober is also great for creativity because it forces you to reach into your true self to find real excitement. I have never had a better time onstage or had a better connection with my audience than since I’ve gone sober, it’s like being naturally high all the time.”

This actually gave me goosebumps to know someone I aspire to is going through the same things as me and I can really relate to what he says about creativity. I quit booze in May 2018 but have had a few relapses since, but I'm back on the horse.

Currently on day 42. I know I won't be drinking today and I have no plans to drink tomorrow. I feel I've learnt a lot from my relapses and thankfully I truly have no desire to drink ever again.

Haven't posted on here in a while but I still read most days! I'm in a good place! It's early days but I can tell you, since May 2018 I have had many many many more sober days than drunk ones. I don't know how many days it's been since I decided to quit, maybe 420 or so, I'd guess about 400 of those have been sober! So a few mishaps but all in all it's been good.
Old 07-30-2019, 07:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Hope you find your way to sustained sobriety.
Old 07-30-2019, 02:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello I have 87 straight at the moment. But I would take your track record as well feel me. Its definitely better than the alternative. Booze blows. Keep coming back
Old 07-30-2019, 05:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on day 42 primativo. I agree with the statements on productivity and creativity now I'm sober

D