Notices

Day 5 and Day off work

Old 07-29-2019, 01:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5 and Day off work

Well today is day 5 and my day off from work. I only get 1 day off a week. One of the main reasons/excuses for me to drink is boredom

My boyfriend’s got anxiety and it’s through the roof this morning.

I know i should keep busy. Think positive. But still angry !! Lol. Just venting here i guess
Old 07-29-2019, 03:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Have a great day off! There is so much you can do with your free day. Sorry you're feeling angry, I get that a lot, too. It's getting better now, I'm on day 20. Are you feeling better than you were when you were drinking?
It takes time, I hope you hang in there and have a great, sober day.
Old 07-29-2019, 04:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You will feel better as you get more sober time. Keep coming back
Old 07-29-2019, 04:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations on five days, that is awesome.
Just remember, you never have to drink again even if you do get bored.
Can you do something to occupy yourself? There's a thousand reasons not to drink and only one to drink, to get drunk.
Stick around here if you want. Whatever you do, I hope you enjoy your day off sober.
Old 07-29-2019, 04:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
not a greeter

It’s a shame that you’re bored on your only day off. Do you have any hobbies? There’s always housework, laundry and paying bills to catch up on. Go for walk, play with your pet, learn to cook something new, write a letter, rest, go to a movie, go to the beach, climb a mountain, go swimming in a lake, go fishing, read a book, watch a movie, do some yoga, knit a sweater, play the piano, learn to play the guitar, go grocery shopping, take a bath, do a crossword puzzle or start a jigsaw puzzle... etc. Drinking is boring. I’ll never understand that reason for drinking. Actually I don’t understand how people can be bored period! Hopefully you find something fun to occupy your time with and are able to enjoy your day off. Or maybe ask if you can work today too and have no days off .
Old 07-29-2019, 04:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I’m going stir crazy but my boyfriend is insisting he’ll leave me if i drink!!! My head is gonna explode
Old 07-29-2019, 05:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
not a greeter

I’m not an AAer but I do go on occasion. Is there a meeting you could go to today? It’ll serve a few positive purposes being something constructive to do, get you out of the house away from the cranky boyfriend, you might actually like going to AA (it works for a lot of people I’m told ), they have free coffee and usually some cookies. That’s why I go. For the cookies !
Old 07-29-2019, 05:21 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

No. I live in Spain. Moving to England end of next week to be closer to my boyfriend.

So i actually have loads to do!

I just want to drink though
Old 07-29-2019, 06:07 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

When I first got sober..I couldn't take a day off from work.. for the longest time because I was terrified I would drink...I didn't take a vacation day for 1 year and I asked to work overtime as often as I could.

I don't know what you could do on your day off that is "safe"...I know it is NOT safe to sit home or do ANY routine that you used to do when drinking.

If you have family or friends...you should plan on helping them around their houses or gardens....stay out of the house...keep busy....join a gym....dangerous having a day off in my opinion.
Old 07-29-2019, 09:03 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

T here are some great tips here for dealing with cravings

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-cravings.html (CarolD's tips for cravings)

When I quit I found even a drinker like me could go a day without drinking...I'm sure you can too - you'll be so glad you did tomorrow

D
Old 07-30-2019, 03:10 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Drinking today. Maybe it’s my AV but i truly feel like i’m coming to the end of my alcoholic chapter in my life
Old 07-30-2019, 03:27 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by Al34 View Post
Drinking today. Maybe it’s my AV but i truly feel like i’m coming to the end of my alcoholic chapter in my life
You’re moving to be closer to your bf soon...you have a new life already planned out. Make this the end of your alcoholic chapter and start a whole new sober one. It’s not too late to pour what you have down the drain.,
Old 07-30-2019, 02:25 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hey we are here for ya. Check in with us see how your doing. Keep coming back. I will pray for you.
Old 07-30-2019, 05:49 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Al34 View Post
I don't want to sound supportive Al but I told myself for many many years I was surely coming to an end of my alcoholic drinking

Tomorrow never came.

I found the only way to end my drinking was to actually stop drinking.

Its a little short term pain for long term term gain - and you'll find support here

D