Notices

Anxiety!!!!

Old 07-27-2019, 03:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anxiety!!!!

Arrrghh just needed to scream a little. I've had good day and am sober its 11pm and I'm in bed but in last half hour my head has started spinning, i feel anxious and panicked like i could jump out of my body and wide awake, horrible feeling !! Don't think it helps ive asked a 'friend' if they could help my dad out by taking him to hospital 3 times week for 12 weeks, and would pay but now it seems they want more money than a taxi would cost, i just wanted to help my parents out but worried I've created more of a problem !!! He says he will speak to my mam about it but im worried she will be angry at me now !!! Sometimes i think im so naive just thinking people can be kind friends, but always feel let down. I once wanted to date this person too but he let me down there to.
sorry for rambling on i just feel like crying and my head is spinning, but i will stay sober.
Old 07-27-2019, 03:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

If dad is receiving treatment at the hospital they often have shuttles that pick up patients. Check into that. Or other senior resources for this kind of stuff.
Old 07-27-2019, 03:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you but its a private vlinic for intensive speech therapy so no shuttles. They have been going once a week by taxi but its increasing to 3 times for 12 weeks for an intense course. Just wish someone would just want to help gor once not just to try and rip ppl off
Old 07-27-2019, 04:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you've been let down but its a nice thought to try and help with the taxi fares. Cut this guy loose and go back to the original plan maybe?

D
Old 07-27-2019, 06:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hopefully you are sleeping by now...You have a reason to have anxiety....

Your Mam probably won't be "mad" at you..you are only trying to help....but I don't know your mam....you have to remember to be able to continue to help and think clearly and have less anxiety..you just can't drink...that is the one and ONLY thing you have in your power to control right now.

As far as your Dad..I liked Dee's idea...going back to 1x a week....if your Dad doesn't have transportation than he can only go to ONE appointment a week..don't let this "friend" convince you to pay him MORE money.

I'm sorry you don't feel good...drinking would only make you "check" out and be of zero help to anyone.....Just be a listening ear for your parents...its not your job to FIX their situation....its your job to help yourself first.
Old 07-27-2019, 06:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I liked Dee's idea...going back to 1x a week.
Jeepers no - I wasn't saying that

I know from my own experience the intensive thing is for a reason, so if your dad needs the 3 times a week TB, maybe you can pay two & your mum and dad one - something like that?

Better than involving this other person?

D
Old 07-28-2019, 12:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee yes i know what u meant, the intensive course is massively important we have waited a year to get him on it, and your right if my 'friend' is asking to much my mam can just get taxis as normal. He is going to ring my mam at some point so she can talk and tell him what she can afford to pay. A little sleep helps put things in perspective.
Old 07-28-2019, 12:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

And yes i need to distance myself from him, as a real friend would not make me feel like this, i think it was as i wanted us to be more than friends too but defo putting that out of my head.
Old 07-28-2019, 01:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I also find that I am very sensitive and touchy in early sobriety. I often resent what I consider unreasonable behaviour. Objectively I think people always behave like that. As a drunk it just did not bother me. The issue is with me, not them.
Old 07-28-2019, 01:41 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Tinker,

Glad to hear that although you are having intense anxiety, you will not pick up a drink. That would only accelerate the anxious thoughts and imagine, how bad that would feel.

I too have suffered from major stress, so much that it was manifesting into this really strange "hot" feeling rising up into my head, like a fever. I was so scared and panicked, that I didn't know what to do. My ex husband told me it was temporary, that this would pass and to distract myself by watching something funny. Sometimes you just need to reach out to someone to calms you down. We are here for that

Breathe in and out, close your eyes and remember that anxiety is in your mind, which tells you stories about the past and the future. In the Present, there is no stress, and all is ok. Focus on that.

Go you for being so strong.
Old 07-28-2019, 02:59 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for your help, ive been to church this morning and the sermon was actually about anxiety and letting the mistakes of past go, think im being looked over ?! I feel alot better and your all right we can't control someone else, i tried to do something to help my parents, if it is not right for them or he is trying to take advantage my mam will just say thanks but no thanks and work something else out, im sure she will know i was trying to help.
Old 07-28-2019, 06:53 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Glad you are feeling better today....church seems to do that...It didn't work for me today thou..I'm in a real bad mood..but I am sober....I'm glad you are letting go of things you can't control.....

Just the fact that you are not still "obsessed" with solving your Mam and Dads problems....is an improvement in your newly found...sober "clear headed thinking skills"..