Notices

Staying Sober

Old 07-27-2019, 08:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Staying Sober

Staying sober is worth any amount of being depressed.
You don't have to do the experiment - you'll be more depressed coming down from alcohol than you are sober. And the immediate comedown will make you want to kill yourself.

One drink and you're off to the races. Please believe me and learn from your experiences.
Old 07-27-2019, 08:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ThatWasTheOldMe View Post
Staying sober is worth any amount of being depressed.
You don't have to do the experiment - you'll be more depressed coming down from alcohol than you are sober. And the immediate comedown will make you want to kill yourself.

One drink and you're off to the races. Please believe me and learn from your experiences.
Thanks for sharing 🙏
Old 07-27-2019, 08:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

To emphasize:

During the immediate comedown, you'll get the following:
Nausea the likes of which the world has never seen.
You'll be dry heaving for days.
If you're unlucky, pancreatitis - 5 day hospital stay.
If you're extremely unlucky - liver cirrhosis. You'll need a new liver.
Cancer - of anything that alcohol touches. Mouth, throat, esophagus, stomach, intestine, bowel, pancreas, liver, kidney, brain
It changes your personality - it interacts destructively with every part of the brain. One of the results is it makes you pee, regardless of fluid intake - it's suppressing your pituitary gland - that's a physical piece of evidence.

Just to frick with alcohol. I don't have to tell you how it's destroyed your life - but if you continue to drink, it is guaranteed to take your health. You may have noticed during a comedown, your urine is dark yellow. It's because ethanol interacts destructively with your pancreas, liver, and kidneys.
Old 07-27-2019, 09:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am day 9 and I've had some tough moments... the thought of a drink would pop into my head and I am learning to acknowledge it and what it means if I do drink.
Last Sunday I felt horrible - anxious and exhausted so I slept most of the day. That faded to feeling depressed but did get easier for being at work and keeping busy. Tomorrow will be a test. I don't want to spend another Sunday in bed binge-watching a series.
So tonight I will be planning my day. An hour by hour breakdown, to include naps and watching tv interspersed with small domestic tasks.
Although my sleep pattern is naff, I do feel different during the day-time. Engaging in life, rather than ducking down to avoid everything.
At some point, I hope to be able to get a good full nights sleep
Old 07-27-2019, 11:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It means you'll get really sick. And then come down if you're lucky.