Notices

Sunny, hazy boozy days Weekenders 26 - 29 July 2019

Old 07-26-2019, 05:38 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Kaily, good luck with your dad today. Just know if something does happen, you are equipped to handle it. Thought are with you today. <3

Willow, I also love kombucha. The kind you get in the grocery store is perfectly fine - I think it’s the hipster home brew stuff that would have enough alcohol that I would avoid it. Even if it’s a very low amount. There’s this brand at my grocery store that’s pink lady apple and it’s so good. Expensive, but nice for a treat.

Welcome to all people joining us this weekend! Glad you made it back, Captain.

Last day if vacation for me. I’m gonna enjoy it as much as I can. Sometimes I’m really dumb, because I have to work at 8am Sunday at the zoo. I felt bad taking two full weekends off in a row so I said I could work. Like a huge dummy. Ugh. I don’t really have anxiety going back to my life cuz it’s just back to the same old stuff, but I’m gonna miss the beach a little.

We’re getting closer to fall and I have a bunch of stuff to look forward to. So that’s that.

Also, I love unsweetened iced tea and I forgot to mention it. My dad would always brew a huge pitcher of it and have it in the fridge so it was a staple in my home growing up.
Old 07-26-2019, 07:22 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Hi Weekenders - I'm in please!

Nice to see the regulars here - welcome back Captain. I'm quite conservative in my choice of drinks. There's nothing much that can beat a good old British cup of tea...

Anyway, I'm making good progress just coming up to 30 weeks. I met my mental health nurse today and in her opinion alcohol is 'no longer a problem for me'. I don't think she quite realises the time I still spend on recovery and the need for ongoing constant vigilance but there we go. Anyway, she is happy to sign me off for another month and says she is quite happy with the way things are going. Gratitude, gratitude, gratitude...

I'll be fixing computers and writing software again this weekend but will have some time with my family. We are going to a local summer fair which should be a good break to look forward to.

Anyway, I'm rambling... Warm wishes to all. Forwards.
Old 07-26-2019, 08:29 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Best wishes today Kaily, I hope your patience and good nature isn't tested too much. A small mercy is that at least the mercury isn't pushing 40C today.

The battery life on my laptop and other devices are lousy. Whenever I have to visit somewhere I have to carry lots of spare battery capacity. I really need someone to miniaturise a nuclear power station.

I am home already and have doon my weekend food shop. I saw some cartons of Cawstons still juice in the supermarket (£2.35) but didn't buy as I don't want to aqquire a taste for it, at least not yet.

Originally Posted by Rose335 View Post
But that was then and this is now. Hooray!
Indeed!

Old 07-26-2019, 10:02 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

I have to say I so enjoy logging in again, reading everyone’s posts and being part of the family once more. Seeing all the familiar faces and a few new ones certainly helps to turn the switch! Thanks for the warm welcome back.

All the best with your dad, Kaily!
Old 07-26-2019, 10:27 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. I was looking forward to coming home to some kind words from you all and you didn't let me down.

Dee you are always spot on with what you say. Any chance of being my life coach? T&C's are on call 24hr a day, very low wages and lots of cake.

Anyway we both survived albeit a struggle! Him physically, me emotionally.

And I got a little morale boost in Asda afterwards when a seemingly very nice man I got chatting to asked me out for a drink. Obviously I declined but it was nice to be asked.
Old 07-26-2019, 12:43 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, weekenders.

I've just wrapped up the fourth week at my new job. It's been a very eventful and challenging week preceded by non-stop challenging and exhausting months.

Two days ago I got my first paycheck and it really cheered things up.

I am still sober.

Still no renewed gym membership, but I am doing regular outdoor workouts and just back from the one.

Now I will be so happy to fall asleep and put worries on pause.

Great to see you, all.

Good night)
Old 07-26-2019, 12:49 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Midnight, good to see you too
Old 07-26-2019, 01:01 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Hey MB, great to see you and glad all going well with the new job x
Old 07-26-2019, 01:54 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Hello Weekenders!

Count me in for my 138th consecutive sober weekend!
Old 07-26-2019, 04:12 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Great to see some familiar names -Captain, Manta. Congratulations on your new job and getting your first payday MidnightBlue. Hopefully it will get less stressful as you become more accustomed to everything.

Well done Kaily, you've still got it.

Ten Pin Bowling tonight. Proud of myself for staying out until a minute past midnight, it means I was out 'till Saturday morning lol. Going to bed now though.

Old 07-26-2019, 04:23 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think you're doing fine Kaily - and if you need 'em, you have a mass of life coaches here

D
Old 07-26-2019, 06:38 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by Canadian Koala View Post
Hello Weekenders!

Count me in for my 138th consecutive sober weekend!
That's a lot of consecutiveness... stringing it together and building good
sober time. Congrats CK.
Old 07-26-2019, 06:42 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

I am officially on vacation yay. Tomorrow I start my list of things to get done. I wonder how much Mrs Dragon expects to add to my list?
Old 07-26-2019, 06:56 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Magsie

Congratulations CK on 138 consecutive weekends.

Dragon, have a great holiday.
Old 07-26-2019, 08:12 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Mr

Morning all.

I'm up early for a Saturday but not as early as Mags I see

My sister and her husband and 2 kids are visiting for a while so keeping busy with them for the last few days.

The thunder and lightning was cracking last night and has cooled things down.

No real plans for the day might go visit something but objective no 1 is to try and recharge the batteries a little.

Later weekenders
Old 07-26-2019, 08:46 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Stopping by on my way to bed to let you all know that I really enjoy reading your posts. Reading this afternoon helped me get through day 11. So thank you all! Goodnight.
Old 07-26-2019, 08:52 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Magsie

Sleep well Citrus

VMan, enjoy your weekend with your family. It’s getting cooler here. I was up with the owls, before the larks this morning! Just means my day will be shorter at the other end. Rain splogded down in big heavy drops, like it was proud to be here....at last.

Hope all the Weekenders enjoys the feeling of waking up sober this weekend. I never tire of the feeling.
Old 07-26-2019, 09:57 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Hi all... had to pop my head in for a minute and just say that I’m having lots of memories pop into my head today and they’re kind of hard to take. They’re memories of things I did or said and I’m finding that I don’t like who I was at that time, and I’m experiencing a lot of guilt.
Old 07-26-2019, 10:08 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Administrator

Memories are hard to deal with Plenny but it's important to put them into perspective ... what we did when we were ill is not the same as who we really are

D
Old 07-26-2019, 10:30 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Hi all

A work weekend for me, but thought I'd stop by. Feeling kind of extra sleepy this morning, but I have my coffee ready to go. Time to expend some of that good energy I got from hanging out with my friends.