Notices

Drained :(

Old 08-18-2019, 07:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Drained :(

Hey guys my name is J, I’m 29 and I’ve been off Oxy’s for 11 days now but started suboxone to help manage the symptoms . Now after almost 4 days of cutting the suboxone off after being on them for 6 days I’m going threw terrible withdrawals and im not sure how much longer I can hold on for. Can anybody relate with these Suboxone withdrawals and give me a little hope to hold on longer!? I’m extremely drained and I’m not sure if it’s just my body acting out of control now because I’ve used for so many years. I would literally shave a tiny bit off the sub and take it but I’m having extremely bad suicidal thoughts because I’m having horrible anxiety, insomnia, horrible stomach issues and the worst of all COLD SWEATS consistently where sweat is literally dripping from my arms, hands & feet! I’ve been waking up sopping wet from sweat and once I wake up I’m up for the whole night usually around 1 AM or 2 AM. I’m on 150mlg of Trazodone for sleep but it has stopped working. I WANT to be sober, I just got an amazing job and I’m finally starting to see & think clearly but I just need to know somebody has gone threw the same symptoms and knows what I’m feeling right now. Any advice of any remedies to help ease this struggle would be so much appreciated!! I keep telling myself I can do this but every time I get the cold sweats it’s the worst feeling in the world and is usually why I end up using again after coming so far. I’ve been trying to take “activated charcoal” and “suma root” to help but it’s not really working and I start my job Tuesday, there is NOWAY I can work feeling this horrible it scares me and makes me want to use to get threw work. Sorry for complaining any advice is more then welcome thank you. 🙏🏼😞

Old 08-18-2019, 07:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

First of all, good job posting here. You’ll find a supportive and caring community.

I’ve kicked zaniness before, but nothing like what you’re going through. I can’t help with much but I will offer a couple of morsels.

1. Trazadone quit working for me, in fact it started keeping me awake. I switched to Lunestra and while it leaves and awful bitter taste, it definitely is better than Trazadone for sleep.

2. If you want to be grateful for anything, be grateful you’re a free man. I’ve been to jail a few times because of my drinking and each time I’m in there I see people stuck kicking in jail. People lying on the floor of disgusting jails, shaking and twitching. Sweating, crying, vomiting, pacing, panicking. No Suboxone, no neurontin, just cold turkey kicking. It is hardcore and tragic.

As far as inspiration, you can make it through this. People do it all the time. So please don’t give up. You definitely don’t want to start again from day 1. Getting sober is hard work. I always look at the agony of early sobriety as our penance for all of the crap things we’ve done and all the damage we’ve done to our body. A sort of payment for the opportunity to be free of our addictions and live a happier and more free life. YOU CAN MAKE IT THROUGH THIS. Those suicidal thoughts are just what’s left over of your addiction. It wants to sabotage you. Don’t let it. The longer you stay sober the more a caring and loving self voice will emerge. I know it may seem unlikely now, but please have faith that on the other end of this experience is something worth it. Picture winning back your love ones, succeeding in your new job, picture sleeping at night and waking up refreshed. All of this is possible if you push through this terrible time.

I hope more people have better input for you. I just wanted to post to let you know you’re not alone, and if you post, someone here will read it and will
help if we can.
Old 08-18-2019, 07:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I don't have any experience with subs or oxy, but I do know there is an end to this if you keep going. If you pick up again there's no telling if you'll ever get back to recovery.

Can you call someone (who is sober) to come sit with you? Maybe call the AA/NA or Salvation Army local phone number. There are usually people who will talk and/or come sit with you while you go through this - but don't use again!

Keep going.

If posting and talking helps, keep posting. You can do it.
Old 08-18-2019, 07:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good morning . hey friend welcome to the wonder world of sober recovery. Hey yeah your sick brother plain and simple. Your body is bucking wants a fix feel me. I know that scary feeling of having to go to work especially a new job to boot talk about wheels turning. But look I dont know your financial situation. But rehab or detox is an option to look at. If not well then theres plan B which your doing. Look stay hydrated . try to rest. I know easier said than done right? And then if you really think about it look at what you're going through and for what you feel me throw the towel in come to recovery it's well worth it yes you're going to go through some channels right now I'm not going to sugarcoat it however if you make it through this you're going to be grateful that you're making it through it and that's going to keep you sober brother I did the same thing and I'm at a hundred six days and I ain't looking back real talk
Old 08-18-2019, 09:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you all so much it actually does feel good to be on this forum I’m happy I found it! Btw I’m a female lol J is just the first letter of my name😉 lol but no worries .... I appreciate the reply’s and it’s nice to know some people care. 🤙🏼🙂
Old 08-18-2019, 09:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

If you can eat or take a walk, it will help...I've read that Gatorade is useful too.

Hang on, Jj.

It's worth the few days of misery to get to the other side. Even if you feel like crap on your first day of the job, no one will be the wiser. Just tell them you're super excited and anxious to do a good job and that it's just stressful. People will understand that - we all remember our first week in a job. Even sober people have some anxieties about that - don't let it become an excuse to pick up.
Old 08-18-2019, 09:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Can your Dr that gives you the Suboxone give you a sedative? A benzo? I don't know normal withdrawal period for substances...but should you be almost out of the water?

Speaking of water...are you drinking tons of fluids? That will help believe it or not...being hydrated...keeps blood pressure and heart rate within range...I remember being in detox and requesting more meds for my anxiety and they took my blood pressure and told me to drink a pitcher of water and in 1/2 hour they would check me again.

When they checked me again my vitals were better..they still medicated me ...but I was better from the water...

Wondering if you are eating too...eating gives us the nutrients we need.
I know these seem like "minor" fixes and you may be shaking your head..but truly they work.
Old 08-18-2019, 02:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Drink lots of water. Sleep. You'll be out of the woods in a week or less.

Good luck.
Old 08-19-2019, 12:37 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

When I went thru booze detox I am pretty sure I was having seizures periodically.

Over the years I had them off and on. I was a binge drinker.

Once I quit drinking, it was hell on earth, off and on, for a few months.

My suffering memories keep me from the relapse. I try to glamorize my drinking days sometimes, but I pray I always end with...i hate booze...i will never put it in my body again.